Never worked in a mail centre before. Honestly I have no idea where this hostility has come from. I linked to a RM video that outlined the plan they have. I didn’t draw it up or indeed support it but yet again posties prove to be the most fragile employees out there when it comes to discussing any change.Acca Dacca wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 16:20Have you always been a postie in a DO or did you work in a mail centre before?LouBarlow wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 15:04Londonsburning wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 13:35Yeah, this Lou person knows absolutely nothing about what happens in a DO on a daily basisPerseus wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 13:08yeah, but I think most are speculating in practice how it would play out in an office with several different duty types, HCT, single driver rural, single driver urban, shared van.LouBarlow wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 06:49I thought RM already announced how this would ‘work’?
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=113147I would hope I do as I’ve been doing this job for way over 20 years now. Why do you think I would have signed up to this site all those years ago if I wasn’t a postie? As you seem to be struggling, I didn’t say the plan was good, or would work (hence the quotes) but people speculating in here over what the plan would be when the plan was already announced, I thought it helpful to inform.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
VR in pilot offices
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
Re: VR in pilot offices
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3223
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: VR in pilot offices
LouBarlow wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 18:44Never worked in a mail centre before. Honestly I have no idea where this hostility has come from. I linked to a RM video that outlined the plan they have. I didn’t draw it up or indeed support it but yet again posties prove to be the most fragile employees out there when it comes to discussing any change.Acca Dacca wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 16:20Have you always been a postie in a DO or did you work in a mail centre before?LouBarlow wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 15:04Londonsburning wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 13:35Yeah, this Lou person knows absolutely nothing about what happens in a DO on a daily basisPerseus wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 13:08yeah, but I think most are speculating in practice how it would play out in an office with several different duty types, HCT, single driver rural, single driver urban, shared van.LouBarlow wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 06:49I thought RM already announced how this would ‘work’?
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=113147I would hope I do as I’ve been doing this job for way over 20 years now. Why do you think I would have signed up to this site all those years ago if I wasn’t a postie? As you seem to be struggling, I didn’t say the plan was good, or would work (hence the quotes) but people speculating in here over what the plan would be when the plan was already announced, I thought it helpful to inform.

The reason I ask is because you said in August 2009 that you had done 'nearly 4 years' which would mean joining after August 2005 which is not even 20 years ago let alone 'way over' 20 years ago
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4112
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: VR in pilot offices
Yeah apparently d2ds used to be called households or household deliveries or something back in the day.SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 18:33If you mean d2d then MCs were instructed a while ago now that any excess/unused d2d returned by a DO are to be sent straight back to them.Londonsburning wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 16:25Oh I almost forgot the few thousand undelivered households per walk still stuck in the DO from the last month or two that keep getting returned by the MC because they don't want to deal with them. But yeah I'm sure your place is lickety split![]()
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
Re: VR in pilot offices
You got me. I signed up back in 2007 to play the long game and link to a Royal Mail video 17 years later. The fact that you searched through all my posts for thatAcca Dacca wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 19:07LouBarlow wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 18:44Never worked in a mail centre before. Honestly I have no idea where this hostility has come from. I linked to a RM video that outlined the plan they have. I didn’t draw it up or indeed support it but yet again posties prove to be the most fragile employees out there when it comes to discussing any change.Acca Dacca wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 16:20Have you always been a postie in a DO or did you work in a mail centre before?LouBarlow wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 15:04Londonsburning wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 13:35Yeah, this Lou person knows absolutely nothing about what happens in a DO on a daily basisPerseus wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 13:08yeah, but I think most are speculating in practice how it would play out in an office with several different duty types, HCT, single driver rural, single driver urban, shared van.LouBarlow wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 06:49I thought RM already announced how this would ‘work’?
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=113147I would hope I do as I’ve been doing this job for way over 20 years now. Why do you think I would have signed up to this site all those years ago if I wasn’t a postie? As you seem to be struggling, I didn’t say the plan was good, or would work (hence the quotes) but people speculating in here over what the plan would be when the plan was already announced, I thought it helpful to inform.
The reason I ask is because you said in August 2009 that you had done 'nearly 4 years' which would mean joining after August 2005 which is not even 20 years ago let alone 'way over' 20 years ago![]()
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Re: VR in pilot offices
So is vr only going to be in pilot offices ,can anybody confirm this
-
Perseus
- Posts: 1177
- Joined: 21 Feb 2024, 16:45
- Gender: Male
Re: VR in pilot offices
does your office have excess staff?comeracing wrote: ↑26 Dec 2024, 18:31So is vr only going to be in pilot offices ,can anybody confirm this
-
A2B
- Posts: 2029
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: VR in pilot offices
Even if there's no excess staff now with RM's plans there will be. Interesting 2025 for us allPerseus wrote: ↑26 Dec 2024, 18:41does your office have excess staff?comeracing wrote: ↑26 Dec 2024, 18:31So is vr only going to be in pilot offices ,can anybody confirm this
-
Barnacle
- Posts: 2948
- Joined: 13 Dec 2022, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Earth
Re: VR in pilot offices
If the pilot is ‘successful’, it will initially mean that the pilot offices will have an excess of staff and so VR will be offered in those offices at that point.comeracing wrote: ↑26 Dec 2024, 18:31So is vr only going to be in pilot offices ,can anybody confirm this
However, a ‘successful’ pilot means the mode of working will be rolled out nationally and so when that happens there will be more job losses which will begin with VR being offered.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Re: VR in pilot offices
Now that the Christmas rush is over I'm pretty sure that at some point we'll be asked to take part in another pointless preference exercise for VR, nothing ever comes of it.