ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

VR in pilot offices

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by LouBarlow »

Acca Dacca wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 16:20
LouBarlow wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 15:04
Londonsburning wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 13:35
Perseus wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 13:08
LouBarlow wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 06:49
I thought RM already announced how this would ‘work’?

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=113147
yeah, but I think most are speculating in practice how it would play out in an office with several different duty types, HCT, single driver rural, single driver urban, shared van.
Yeah, this Lou person knows absolutely nothing about what happens in a DO on a daily basis
:chuckle I would hope I do as I’ve been doing this job for way over 20 years now. Why do you think I would have signed up to this site all those years ago if I wasn’t a postie? As you seem to be struggling, I didn’t say the plan was good, or would work (hence the quotes) but people speculating in here over what the plan would be when the plan was already announced, I thought it helpful to inform.
Have you always been a postie in a DO or did you work in a mail centre before?
Never worked in a mail centre before. Honestly I have no idea where this hostility has come from. I linked to a RM video that outlined the plan they have. I didn’t draw it up or indeed support it but yet again posties prove to be the most fragile employees out there when it comes to discussing any change.
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3223
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by Acca Dacca »

LouBarlow wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 18:44
Acca Dacca wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 16:20
LouBarlow wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 15:04
Londonsburning wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 13:35
Perseus wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 13:08
LouBarlow wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 06:49
I thought RM already announced how this would ‘work’?

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=113147
yeah, but I think most are speculating in practice how it would play out in an office with several different duty types, HCT, single driver rural, single driver urban, shared van.
Yeah, this Lou person knows absolutely nothing about what happens in a DO on a daily basis
:chuckle I would hope I do as I’ve been doing this job for way over 20 years now. Why do you think I would have signed up to this site all those years ago if I wasn’t a postie? As you seem to be struggling, I didn’t say the plan was good, or would work (hence the quotes) but people speculating in here over what the plan would be when the plan was already announced, I thought it helpful to inform.
Have you always been a postie in a DO or did you work in a mail centre before?
Never worked in a mail centre before. Honestly I have no idea where this hostility has come from. I linked to a RM video that outlined the plan they have. I didn’t draw it up or indeed support it but yet again posties prove to be the most fragile employees out there when it comes to discussing any change.
Image

The reason I ask is because you said in August 2009 that you had done 'nearly 4 years' which would mean joining after August 2005 which is not even 20 years ago let alone 'way over' 20 years ago :Very Happy
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4112
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by ted_e_bear »

SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 18:33
Londonsburning wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 16:25
Oh I almost forgot the few thousand undelivered households per walk still stuck in the DO from the last month or two that keep getting returned by the MC because they don't want to deal with them. But yeah I'm sure your place is lickety split :chuckle
If you mean d2d then MCs were instructed a while ago now that any excess/unused d2d returned by a DO are to be sent straight back to them.
Yeah apparently d2ds used to be called households or household deliveries or something back in the day.
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by LouBarlow »

Acca Dacca wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 19:07
LouBarlow wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 18:44
Acca Dacca wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 16:20
LouBarlow wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 15:04
Londonsburning wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 13:35
Perseus wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 13:08
LouBarlow wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 06:49
I thought RM already announced how this would ‘work’?

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=113147
yeah, but I think most are speculating in practice how it would play out in an office with several different duty types, HCT, single driver rural, single driver urban, shared van.
Yeah, this Lou person knows absolutely nothing about what happens in a DO on a daily basis
:chuckle I would hope I do as I’ve been doing this job for way over 20 years now. Why do you think I would have signed up to this site all those years ago if I wasn’t a postie? As you seem to be struggling, I didn’t say the plan was good, or would work (hence the quotes) but people speculating in here over what the plan would be when the plan was already announced, I thought it helpful to inform.
Have you always been a postie in a DO or did you work in a mail centre before?
Never worked in a mail centre before. Honestly I have no idea where this hostility has come from. I linked to a RM video that outlined the plan they have. I didn’t draw it up or indeed support it but yet again posties prove to be the most fragile employees out there when it comes to discussing any change.
Image

The reason I ask is because you said in August 2009 that you had done 'nearly 4 years' which would mean joining after August 2005 which is not even 20 years ago let alone 'way over' 20 years ago :Very Happy
You got me. I signed up back in 2007 to play the long game and link to a Royal Mail video 17 years later. The fact that you searched through all my posts for that :chuckle Get a life. I deliberately muddy my information on here because weirdos (like you?) have tried to dox me over the years.
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by comeracing »

So is vr only going to be in pilot offices ,can anybody confirm this
Perseus
Posts: 1177
Joined: 21 Feb 2024, 16:45
Gender: Male

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by Perseus »

comeracing wrote: ↑
26 Dec 2024, 18:31
So is vr only going to be in pilot offices ,can anybody confirm this
does your office have excess staff?
A2B
Posts: 2029
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
Gender: Male

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by A2B »

Perseus wrote: ↑
26 Dec 2024, 18:41
comeracing wrote: ↑
26 Dec 2024, 18:31
So is vr only going to be in pilot offices ,can anybody confirm this
does your office have excess staff?
Even if there's no excess staff now with RM's plans there will be. Interesting 2025 for us all
Barnacle
Posts: 2948
Joined: 13 Dec 2022, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Earth

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by Barnacle »

comeracing wrote: ↑
26 Dec 2024, 18:31
So is vr only going to be in pilot offices ,can anybody confirm this
If the pilot is ‘successful’, it will initially mean that the pilot offices will have an excess of staff and so VR will be offered in those offices at that point.
However, a ‘successful’ pilot means the mode of working will be rolled out nationally and so when that happens there will be more job losses which will begin with VR being offered.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
Deadly
Posts: 703
Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
Gender: Male

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by Deadly »

Now that the Christmas rush is over I'm pretty sure that at some point we'll be asked to take part in another pointless preference exercise for VR, nothing ever comes of it.