they can't force you when to take your leave, 2wks spring/summer 2wks autumn/winter, the extra week or 2 should already be booked by now and cannot be reversed unless you agree to switchTopperGas wrote: ↑20 Dec 2024, 21:50But it also suggests VR won't commence until OFCOM approves the changes, which won't be until at least the summer, so what do the surplus staff do in the meantime? It suggests using annual leave but who wants to risk using that then the changes being delayed or changed and you've up all your leave in the first half of the year?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
VR in pilot offices
-
world class male
- Posts: 906
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Re: VR in pilot offices
-
GRS
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
- Gender: Female
- Location: South West
Re: VR in pilot offices
That’s why RM are pricing 1st Class out of the market….. to stop people using it. That way people will only use 2nd Classs which makes it easier for them to manipulate the Mail
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Re: VR in pilot offices
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
-
TopperGas
- Posts: 3523
- Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
- Gender: Male
Re: VR in pilot offices
It still needs to be trialed before it is rolled out nationwide?
-
funkflex55
- Posts: 803
- Joined: 04 Sep 2022, 22:58
- Gender: Male
Re: VR in pilot offices
Thanks for the reminder. So does indeed mean 3 days mail on a Tuesday for the route that was done on the Friday previous. Also 3 days mail on Monday for the route that was done on the Thursday previous. The walks are that ridiculous, most cannot be done with 1 day of mail in them. This pilot is bollocks.LouBarlow wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 06:49I thought RM already announced how this would ‘work’?
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=113147
-
Perseus
- Posts: 1177
- Joined: 21 Feb 2024, 16:45
- Gender: Male
Re: VR in pilot offices
yeah, but I think most are speculating in practice how it would play out in an office with several different duty types, HCT, single driver rural, single driver urban, shared van.LouBarlow wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 06:49I thought RM already announced how this would ‘work’?
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=113147
-
Londonsburning
- Posts: 1018
- Joined: 09 Oct 2024, 18:14
- Gender: Male
Re: VR in pilot offices
Yeah, this Lou person knows absolutely nothing about what happens in a DO on a daily basisPerseus wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 13:08yeah, but I think most are speculating in practice how it would play out in an office with several different duty types, HCT, single driver rural, single driver urban, shared van.LouBarlow wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 06:49I thought RM already announced how this would ‘work’?
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=113147
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
Re: VR in pilot offices
Londonsburning wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 13:35Yeah, this Lou person knows absolutely nothing about what happens in a DO on a daily basisPerseus wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 13:08yeah, but I think most are speculating in practice how it would play out in an office with several different duty types, HCT, single driver rural, single driver urban, shared van.LouBarlow wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 06:49I thought RM already announced how this would ‘work’?
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=113147
-
Londonsburning
- Posts: 1018
- Joined: 09 Oct 2024, 18:14
- Gender: Male
Re: VR in pilot offices
No struggling here unless you are aiming at my workplace in which case it is still mostly 10 plus trays of mail under frames and management hiding yorks full of packets daily still lolLouBarlow wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 15:04Londonsburning wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 13:35Yeah, this Lou person knows absolutely nothing about what happens in a DO on a daily basisPerseus wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 13:08yeah, but I think most are speculating in practice how it would play out in an office with several different duty types, HCT, single driver rural, single driver urban, shared van.LouBarlow wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 06:49I thought RM already announced how this would ‘work’?
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=113147I would hope I do as I’ve been doing this job for way over 20 years now. Why do you think I would have signed up to this site all those years ago if I wasn’t a postie? As you seem to be struggling, I didn’t say the plan was good, or would work (hence the quotes) but people speculating in here over what the plan would be when the plan was already announced, I thought it helpful to inform.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3223
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: VR in pilot offices
Have you always been a postie in a DO or did you work in a mail centre before?LouBarlow wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 15:04Londonsburning wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 13:35Yeah, this Lou person knows absolutely nothing about what happens in a DO on a daily basisPerseus wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 13:08yeah, but I think most are speculating in practice how it would play out in an office with several different duty types, HCT, single driver rural, single driver urban, shared van.LouBarlow wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 06:49I thought RM already announced how this would ‘work’?
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=113147I would hope I do as I’ve been doing this job for way over 20 years now. Why do you think I would have signed up to this site all those years ago if I wasn’t a postie? As you seem to be struggling, I didn’t say the plan was good, or would work (hence the quotes) but people speculating in here over what the plan would be when the plan was already announced, I thought it helpful to inform.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
Londonsburning
- Posts: 1018
- Joined: 09 Oct 2024, 18:14
- Gender: Male
Re: VR in pilot offices
Oh I almost forgot the few thousand undelivered households per walk still stuck in the DO from the last month or two that keep getting returned by the MC because they don't want to deal with them. But yeah I'm sure your place is lickety split 
-
qwerty2
- Posts: 2119
- Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 00:42
- Gender: Male
Re: VR in pilot offices
All your managers and area manager should be sackedLondonsburning wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 16:25Oh I almost forgot the few thousand undelivered households per walk still stuck in the DO from the last month or two that keep getting returned by the MC because they don't want to deal with them. But yeah I'm sure your place is lickety split![]()
-
Londonsburning
- Posts: 1018
- Joined: 09 Oct 2024, 18:14
- Gender: Male
Re: VR in pilot offices
Yes.qwerty2 wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 17:54All your managers and area manager should be sackedLondonsburning wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 16:25Oh I almost forgot the few thousand undelivered households per walk still stuck in the DO from the last month or two that keep getting returned by the MC because they don't want to deal with them. But yeah I'm sure your place is lickety split![]()
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: VR in pilot offices
If you mean d2d then MCs were instructed a while ago now that any excess/unused d2d returned by a DO are to be sent straight back to them.Londonsburning wrote: ↑22 Dec 2024, 16:25Oh I almost forgot the few thousand undelivered households per walk still stuck in the DO from the last month or two that keep getting returned by the MC because they don't want to deal with them. But yeah I'm sure your place is lickety split![]()