ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

VR in pilot offices

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
world class male
Posts: 906
Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
Gender: Male

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by world class male »

TopperGas wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2024, 21:50
A2B wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2024, 21:05
In the CWU brief it stated that the pilot offices would have excess staff, hence the enhanced VR terms in those pilot offices
But it also suggests VR won't commence until OFCOM approves the changes, which won't be until at least the summer, so what do the surplus staff do in the meantime? It suggests using annual leave but who wants to risk using that then the changes being delayed or changed and you've up all your leave in the first half of the year?
they can't force you when to take your leave, 2wks spring/summer 2wks autumn/winter, the extra week or 2 should already be booked by now and cannot be reversed unless you agree to switch
GRS
Posts: 826
Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
Gender: Female
Location: South West

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by GRS »

Playmail wrote: ↑
21 Dec 2024, 07:05
What happens when customers get wise and send everything 1c the 2 walkers are going to have it well easy while the driver has a nightmare
That’s why RM are pricing 1st Class out of the market….. to stop people using it. That way people will only use 2nd Classs which makes it easier for them to manipulate the Mail
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by norris9 »

GRS wrote: ↑
21 Dec 2024, 20:45
Playmail wrote: ↑
21 Dec 2024, 07:05
What happens when customers get wise and send everything 1c the 2 walkers are going to have it well easy while the driver has a nightmare
That’s why RM are pricing 1st Class out of the market….. to stop people using it. That way people will only use 2nd Classs which makes it easier for them to manipulate the Mail
Next year all our xmas bonus stamps will be 2nd class stamps.

(joke)
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by LouBarlow »

I thought RM already announced how this would ‘work’?

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=113147
TopperGas
Posts: 3523
Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
Gender: Male

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by TopperGas »

It still needs to be trialed before it is rolled out nationwide?
funkflex55
Posts: 803
Joined: 04 Sep 2022, 22:58
Gender: Male

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by funkflex55 »

LouBarlow wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 06:49
I thought RM already announced how this would ‘work’?

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=113147
Thanks for the reminder. So does indeed mean 3 days mail on a Tuesday for the route that was done on the Friday previous. Also 3 days mail on Monday for the route that was done on the Thursday previous. The walks are that ridiculous, most cannot be done with 1 day of mail in them. This pilot is bollocks.
Perseus
Posts: 1177
Joined: 21 Feb 2024, 16:45
Gender: Male

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by Perseus »

LouBarlow wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 06:49
I thought RM already announced how this would ‘work’?

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=113147
yeah, but I think most are speculating in practice how it would play out in an office with several different duty types, HCT, single driver rural, single driver urban, shared van.
Londonsburning
Posts: 1018
Joined: 09 Oct 2024, 18:14
Gender: Male

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by Londonsburning »

Perseus wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 13:08
LouBarlow wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 06:49
I thought RM already announced how this would ‘work’?

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=113147
yeah, but I think most are speculating in practice how it would play out in an office with several different duty types, HCT, single driver rural, single driver urban, shared van.
Yeah, this Lou person knows absolutely nothing about what happens in a DO on a daily basis
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by LouBarlow »

Londonsburning wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 13:35
Perseus wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 13:08
LouBarlow wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 06:49
I thought RM already announced how this would ‘work’?

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=113147
yeah, but I think most are speculating in practice how it would play out in an office with several different duty types, HCT, single driver rural, single driver urban, shared van.
Yeah, this Lou person knows absolutely nothing about what happens in a DO on a daily basis
:chuckle I would hope I do as I’ve been doing this job for way over 20 years now. Why do you think I would have signed up to this site all those years ago if I wasn’t a postie? As you seem to be struggling, I didn’t say the plan was good, or would work (hence the quotes) but people speculating in here over what the plan would be when the plan was already announced, I thought it helpful to inform.
Londonsburning
Posts: 1018
Joined: 09 Oct 2024, 18:14
Gender: Male

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by Londonsburning »

LouBarlow wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 15:04
Londonsburning wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 13:35
Perseus wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 13:08
LouBarlow wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 06:49
I thought RM already announced how this would ‘work’?

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=113147
yeah, but I think most are speculating in practice how it would play out in an office with several different duty types, HCT, single driver rural, single driver urban, shared van.
Yeah, this Lou person knows absolutely nothing about what happens in a DO on a daily basis
:chuckle I would hope I do as I’ve been doing this job for way over 20 years now. Why do you think I would have signed up to this site all those years ago if I wasn’t a postie? As you seem to be struggling, I didn’t say the plan was good, or would work (hence the quotes) but people speculating in here over what the plan would be when the plan was already announced, I thought it helpful to inform.
No struggling here unless you are aiming at my workplace in which case it is still mostly 10 plus trays of mail under frames and management hiding yorks full of packets daily still lol :thumbup
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3223
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by Acca Dacca »

LouBarlow wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 15:04
Londonsburning wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 13:35
Perseus wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 13:08
LouBarlow wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 06:49
I thought RM already announced how this would ‘work’?

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=113147
yeah, but I think most are speculating in practice how it would play out in an office with several different duty types, HCT, single driver rural, single driver urban, shared van.
Yeah, this Lou person knows absolutely nothing about what happens in a DO on a daily basis
:chuckle I would hope I do as I’ve been doing this job for way over 20 years now. Why do you think I would have signed up to this site all those years ago if I wasn’t a postie? As you seem to be struggling, I didn’t say the plan was good, or would work (hence the quotes) but people speculating in here over what the plan would be when the plan was already announced, I thought it helpful to inform.
Have you always been a postie in a DO or did you work in a mail centre before?
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
Londonsburning
Posts: 1018
Joined: 09 Oct 2024, 18:14
Gender: Male

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by Londonsburning »

Oh I almost forgot the few thousand undelivered households per walk still stuck in the DO from the last month or two that keep getting returned by the MC because they don't want to deal with them. But yeah I'm sure your place is lickety split :chuckle
qwerty2
Posts: 2119
Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 00:42
Gender: Male

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by qwerty2 »

Londonsburning wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 16:25
Oh I almost forgot the few thousand undelivered households per walk still stuck in the DO from the last month or two that keep getting returned by the MC because they don't want to deal with them. But yeah I'm sure your place is lickety split :chuckle
All your managers and area manager should be sacked
Londonsburning
Posts: 1018
Joined: 09 Oct 2024, 18:14
Gender: Male

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by Londonsburning »

qwerty2 wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 17:54
Londonsburning wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 16:25
Oh I almost forgot the few thousand undelivered households per walk still stuck in the DO from the last month or two that keep getting returned by the MC because they don't want to deal with them. But yeah I'm sure your place is lickety split :chuckle
All your managers and area manager should be sacked
Yes.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: VR in pilot offices

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Londonsburning wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2024, 16:25
Oh I almost forgot the few thousand undelivered households per walk still stuck in the DO from the last month or two that keep getting returned by the MC because they don't want to deal with them. But yeah I'm sure your place is lickety split :chuckle
If you mean d2d then MCs were instructed a while ago now that any excess/unused d2d returned by a DO are to be sent straight back to them.