ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Blue shirts
-
pieoftheday
- Posts: 1843
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 16:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts
In the 80s the grey suit looked smart but I could never get the lighter summer trousers for some reason and the heavy grey ones would destroy you in summer, all sweaty and itchy, horrible...
-
mjd24
- Posts: 1409
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48
Re: Blue shirts
Maybe give wearing a tie a try.SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑19 Jul 2022, 06:09In a MC a tie would be an H&S issue, if it got caught up in a machine, same reason that lanyards have to be tucked away (or at least be of the type that quickly pops open if any sort of strain is placed on it)Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑18 Jul 2022, 22:29Dropping Standards Mate.![]()
Nowadays these Young Whipper Snappers wouldn't know how to knot a tie, let alone wear one. I remember chatting to the "Old Gits" when I joined (remember Royal Mail used to be a Reserved Occupation for Ex-Servicemen) and they used to talk about actually being INSPECTED before they were allowed out on Delivery!
As previously mentioned in a few posts, nowadays we look more like a bunch of Tramps, delivering the mail in football strips and tracky bottoms.![]()
And IF you're one of them then you're a Twat! Get a Grip of yourself FFS.![]()
-
thedonkey
- Posts: 141
- Joined: 28 Nov 2016, 13:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts
Why is it counted as 2?ted_e_bear wrote: ↑17 Jul 2022, 18:49Yeah it's called the performance shirt or some bollox, it's more like a normal shirt than the thicker polo shirts, if you get one it counts as two ordinary shirts from your allowance though.
New uniform arrived so for 5 days I have 2 polo shirts and one of the bollox performance shirt. 3 shirt allowance is not enough.
-
thedonkey
- Posts: 141
- Joined: 28 Nov 2016, 13:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts
posties go about looking like meter readers RM must be saving millions on uniforms.
New uniform could be easily mistaken for DPD.
New uniform could be easily mistaken for DPD.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts
Maybe give wearing a tie a try.
Now Now Play nicely Boys. I'm glad you realised I was only JOKING about the tie Deadly
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
postieblueshirt
- Posts: 1241
- Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts
agree on most of that but my first duty had 687 so much the same size as i have now and no sky mags..HTPostman wrote: ↑19 Jul 2022, 13:59I think there needs to be a happy medium between the two.
No we shouldn’t be wearing Adidas shorts and Nike tops.
However likewise to the ‘shirt and tie’ club; back in the day what time was your first and last letter on an average day? How many delivery points did you have? How many houses on average did you have to knock at? That last one is a biggie for me, when I’m walking I get a smidge of a breeze. When I’m stood on a sun trap patio with a special/tracked/recorded waiting for an answer that’s when I really feel the heat.
Anyway if only our employers communicated with us and worked with us to develop uniform that’s smart but also suitable for being out in the warmest part of the day.
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
Re: Blue shirts
I know it’s not a fashion parade but the performance shirt & the long trousers look absolutely shocking
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16709
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Blue shirts
For some of us it always has been exactly that.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Foxel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 514
- Joined: 04 Oct 2021, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts
The uniform should have a waterproof half-cape, that you can hang over your arm when carrying mail in the rain. 
I'm turning purple!
-
blue1873
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 8900
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
- Gender: Male
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16709
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Blue shirts
I have a Royal Mail cumberbund I like to wear with the smoking jacket.
Are these items still available?
Are these items still available?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
blue1873
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 8900
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts
Only in your dreams "Clash" sadly only in your dreamsclashcityrocker wrote: ↑21 Jul 2022, 14:09I have a Royal Mail cumberbund I like to wear with the smoking jacket.
Are these items still available?
-
mjd24
- Posts: 1409
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts
You need to be at Director Level and then they're available through they're online account at Harrods.clashcityrocker wrote: ↑21 Jul 2022, 14:09I have a Royal Mail cumberbund I like to wear with the smoking jacket.![]()
Are these items still available?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
hotfudge
- Posts: 55
- Joined: 06 Jan 2011, 15:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: in the grasp of satan (RMG)
Re: Blue shirts
Tried to get some more tops today as mine are literally full of holes only to be told that indoor staff won't be getting new uniform until 2023 and no old blue shirts/ polos in stock.