ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Blue shirts
-
frankieboy
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34
Re: Blue shirts
Bought myself a dri fit t shirt and a size bigger than usual, worked a treat. If the company can't supply decent uniform then it's non uniform day for me.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts
matthew68 wrote: ↑17 Jul 2022, 16:49Have we stopped supplying the blue shirts as I cannot find any on uniform ordering page?
Unfortunately I think you've missed the boat mate. We've been chatting about this same problem for a while now. I knew it was going to happen so I've been stockpiling the "Old" Blue shirts for a while .... I've got 15 of them now that should last me until I Die ... sorry Retire![]()
You could try E-Bay, I've seen RM uniform items on there before.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16709
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Blue shirts
Not if they enforce the wearing of new uniform only, which apparently is the plan.Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑18 Jul 2022, 16:39I've been stockpiling the "Old" Blue shirts for a while .... I've got 15 of them now that should last me until I Die ... sorry Retire![]()
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Marshamp11
- Posts: 437
- Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts
What like how they enforce the use if LWTs and Hi-Viz's.clashcityrocker wrote: ↑18 Jul 2022, 17:00Not if they enforce the wearing of new uniform only, which apparently is the plan.Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑18 Jul 2022, 16:39I've been stockpiling the "Old" Blue shirts for a while .... I've got 15 of them now that should last me until I Die ... sorry Retire![]()
-
WalkerX
- Posts: 432
- Joined: 20 Feb 2021, 22:31
- Gender: Male
-
priority102
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 520
- Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:57
- Gender: Female
Re: Blue shirts
They won't enforce uniform wearing - they save many thousands of pounds by people wearing their own clobber!clashcityrocker wrote: ↑18 Jul 2022, 17:00Not if they enforce the wearing of new uniform only, which apparently is the plan.Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑18 Jul 2022, 16:39I've been stockpiling the "Old" Blue shirts for a while .... I've got 15 of them now that should last me until I Die ... sorry Retire![]()
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts
You're telling me RM have a plan Clash?clashcityrocker wrote: ↑18 Jul 2022, 17:00Not if they enforce the wearing of new uniform only, which apparently is the plan.Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑18 Jul 2022, 16:39I've been stockpiling the "Old" Blue shirts for a while .... I've got 15 of them now that should last me until I Die ... sorry Retire![]()
Personally I don't think they give a shite what you wear provided you take your Lapsing and don't claim any Pressure. Perhaps they'll even insist on Managers Ironing their clothes and not turning up to work in sports gear!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
postieblueshirt
- Posts: 1241
- Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts
God this was a shirt n tie job wtf happened.....
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts
Dropping Standards Mate.
Nowadays these Young Whipper Snappers wouldn't know how to knot a tie, let alone wear one. I remember chatting to the "Old Gits" when I joined (remember Royal Mail used to be a Reserved Occupation for Ex-Servicemen) and they used to talk about actually being INSPECTED before they were allowed out on Delivery!
As previously mentioned in a few posts, nowadays we look more like a bunch of Tramps, delivering the mail in football strips and tracky bottoms.
And IF you're one of them then you're a Twat! Get a Grip of yourself FFS.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
postieblueshirt
- Posts: 1241
- Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts
Yip 6 weeks in summer if I remember right you could go without the tie.its changed completely.its very sad when you think about it.Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑18 Jul 2022, 22:29Dropping Standards Mate.![]()
Nowadays these Young Whipper Snappers wouldn't know how to knot a tie, let alone wear one. I remember chatting to the "Old Gits" when I joined (remember Royal Mail used to be a Reserved Occupation for Ex-Servicemen) and they used to talk about actually being INSPECTED before they were allowed out on Delivery!
As previously mentioned in a few posts, nowadays we look more like a bunch of Tramps, delivering the mail in football strips and tracky bottoms.![]()
And IF you're one of them then you're a Twat! Get a Grip of yourself FFS.![]()
-
Skuse
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Jun 2013, 18:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts
Riding my Pashley postie bike with my sturmey archer 3 speed gears wearing that jacket oh boss days they wereblue1873 wrote: ↑18 Jul 2022, 12:38Or the thermal jackets with detachable sleeves , they were the dogs bollocks![]()
could be worn in our "normal summers " without the sleeves ,a brilliant jacket , now all
posties go about looking like meter readers RM must be saving millions on uniforms
what price is a Hi - Viz against an appropriate jacket for the job.![]()
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts
In a MC a tie would be an H&S issue, if it got caught up in a machine, same reason that lanyards have to be tucked away (or at least be of the type that quickly pops open if any sort of strain is placed on it)Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑18 Jul 2022, 22:29Dropping Standards Mate.![]()
Nowadays these Young Whipper Snappers wouldn't know how to knot a tie, let alone wear one. I remember chatting to the "Old Gits" when I joined (remember Royal Mail used to be a Reserved Occupation for Ex-Servicemen) and they used to talk about actually being INSPECTED before they were allowed out on Delivery!
As previously mentioned in a few posts, nowadays we look more like a bunch of Tramps, delivering the mail in football strips and tracky bottoms.![]()
And IF you're one of them then you're a Twat! Get a Grip of yourself FFS.![]()
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16709
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Blue shirts
But we are not in a MC. We are not inside a building.SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑19 Jul 2022, 06:09
In a MC a tie would be an H&S issue, if it got caught up in a machine, same reason that lanyards have to be tucked away (or at least be of the type that quickly pops open if any sort of strain is placed on it)
We are the very public face of Royal Mail and I can't think of any business that would be happy to have their business advertised by dirty unkempt people of no fixed abode.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts
I think there needs to be a happy medium between the two.
No we shouldn’t be wearing Adidas shorts and Nike tops.
However likewise to the ‘shirt and tie’ club; back in the day what time was your first and last letter on an average day? How many delivery points did you have? How many houses on average did you have to knock at? That last one is a biggie for me, when I’m walking I get a smidge of a breeze. When I’m stood on a sun trap patio with a special/tracked/recorded waiting for an answer that’s when I really feel the heat.
Anyway if only our employers communicated with us and worked with us to develop uniform that’s smart but also suitable for being out in the warmest part of the day.
No we shouldn’t be wearing Adidas shorts and Nike tops.
However likewise to the ‘shirt and tie’ club; back in the day what time was your first and last letter on an average day? How many delivery points did you have? How many houses on average did you have to knock at? That last one is a biggie for me, when I’m walking I get a smidge of a breeze. When I’m stood on a sun trap patio with a special/tracked/recorded waiting for an answer that’s when I really feel the heat.
Anyway if only our employers communicated with us and worked with us to develop uniform that’s smart but also suitable for being out in the warmest part of the day.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts
I also prefer the blue shirt and have also ordered extra to last a few years, absolutely no way am I wearing a tie though 