ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tracked items

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked items

Post by ssdd »

I'm just imagining someone who doesn't have the 'do not disturb' setting activated on their phone getting a text at 2am...or does the system delay them until a certain time?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12195
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked items

Post by SpacePhoenix »

iamnotadoormat wrote: ↑
24 Aug 2021, 16:42
Yes I work in a do. If I dont start scanning until 2am due to inflights being changed and I start at 2300 that means I've 3 hours to wait.😁 I may bring a bigger lunch. Lol.🤣🤣
Are they being sorted to walks at the same time?
iamnotadoormat
Posts: 125
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 10:26
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked items

Post by iamnotadoormat »

Yes I scan rfd to the walks at just after 12 but now I am being told not to scan until after 2,
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72754
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Tracked items

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
24 Aug 2021, 17:15
iamnotadoormat wrote: ↑
24 Aug 2021, 17:00
Do has about 70 duties. Mixture of rural and Town. I am only one on nights. I start scanning all tracked sleeves from midnight then we have a few staff that come in at 5am to scan bulk items then some at 6 to finish what I dont get done.
How many Tracked items on average per night? Are they just been scanned into the office or are they being scanned out to a walk at the same time?
They are not scanned to individual walks.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12195
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked items

Post by SpacePhoenix »

SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
24 Aug 2021, 21:16
iamnotadoormat wrote: ↑
24 Aug 2021, 16:42
Yes I work in a do. If I dont start scanning until 2am due to inflights being changed and I start at 2300 that means I've 3 hours to wait.😁 I may bring a bigger lunch. Lol.🤣🤣
Are they being sorted to walks at the same time?
iamnotadoormat wrote: ↑
24 Aug 2021, 23:30
Yes I scan rfd to the walks at just after 12 but now I am being told not to scan until after 2,
TrueBlueTerrier wrote: ↑
25 Aug 2021, 09:14
SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
24 Aug 2021, 17:15
iamnotadoormat wrote: ↑
24 Aug 2021, 17:00
Do has about 70 duties. Mixture of rural and Town. I am only one on nights. I start scanning all tracked sleeves from midnight then we have a few staff that come in at 5am to scan bulk items then some at 6 to finish what I dont get done.
How many Tracked items on average per night? Are they just been scanned into the office or are they being scanned out to a walk at the same time?
They are not scanned to individual walks.
The scanning part tbqf shouldn't take long, no more than about 10 mins at the most per sleeve. When your sorting them, break all the selections into say six groups and sort to them groups as you go. The 2 or 3 busiest walks could have their own selection.

Scanning and sorting always takes longer in MCs as we always end up with large and small, Tracked and non-Tracked with the occasional SD thrown in in the Tracked sleeves. It's similar for the normal packets section, they sometimes get sleeves with loads of Tracked. One day we'll have to keep the york header cards of the worst ones and compare them to the list of MCs that have got PSMs