ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Tracked items
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Tracked items
I'm just imagining someone who doesn't have the 'do not disturb' setting activated on their phone getting a text at 2am...or does the system delay them until a certain time?
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Tracked items
Are they being sorted to walks at the same time?iamnotadoormat wrote: ↑24 Aug 2021, 16:42Yes I work in a do. If I dont start scanning until 2am due to inflights being changed and I start at 2300 that means I've 3 hours to wait.I may bring a bigger lunch. Lol.
![]()
-
iamnotadoormat
- Posts: 125
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 10:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Tracked items
Yes I scan rfd to the walks at just after 12 but now I am being told not to scan until after 2,
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Tracked items
They are not scanned to individual walks.SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑24 Aug 2021, 17:15How many Tracked items on average per night? Are they just been scanned into the office or are they being scanned out to a walk at the same time?iamnotadoormat wrote: ↑24 Aug 2021, 17:00Do has about 70 duties. Mixture of rural and Town. I am only one on nights. I start scanning all tracked sleeves from midnight then we have a few staff that come in at 5am to scan bulk items then some at 6 to finish what I dont get done.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Tracked items
SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑24 Aug 2021, 21:16Are they being sorted to walks at the same time?iamnotadoormat wrote: ↑24 Aug 2021, 16:42Yes I work in a do. If I dont start scanning until 2am due to inflights being changed and I start at 2300 that means I've 3 hours to wait.I may bring a bigger lunch. Lol.
![]()
iamnotadoormat wrote: ↑24 Aug 2021, 23:30Yes I scan rfd to the walks at just after 12 but now I am being told not to scan until after 2,
The scanning part tbqf shouldn't take long, no more than about 10 mins at the most per sleeve. When your sorting them, break all the selections into say six groups and sort to them groups as you go. The 2 or 3 busiest walks could have their own selection.TrueBlueTerrier wrote: ↑25 Aug 2021, 09:14They are not scanned to individual walks.SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑24 Aug 2021, 17:15How many Tracked items on average per night? Are they just been scanned into the office or are they being scanned out to a walk at the same time?iamnotadoormat wrote: ↑24 Aug 2021, 17:00Do has about 70 duties. Mixture of rural and Town. I am only one on nights. I start scanning all tracked sleeves from midnight then we have a few staff that come in at 5am to scan bulk items then some at 6 to finish what I dont get done.
Scanning and sorting always takes longer in MCs as we always end up with large and small, Tracked and non-Tracked with the occasional SD thrown in in the Tracked sleeves. It's similar for the normal packets section, they sometimes get sleeves with loads of Tracked. One day we'll have to keep the york header cards of the worst ones and compare them to the list of MCs that have got PSMs