And others will target it and steal it and resell it.Clappedoutpostie wrote: ↑26 Aug 2022, 23:01But they don’t want to pay for it, the sender doesn’t want to pay for it, RM don’t want to pay for it, so we must pay for it.Seymour Buts wrote: ↑26 Aug 2022, 13:49Sadly, people do want people delivering their parcels to 10pm.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Kretinsky
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Kretinsky
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Kretinsky
I'm sure lots of us remember the phrase when we used to order something - 'Please allow 28 days for delivery' !!!Kenfandango wrote: ↑26 Aug 2022, 19:27I don't even think it's the customers, its the courier companies telling people that's what they want and people use it because it's there, not because they need or even want it. Obviously there are exceptions, and people occasionally NEED something urgently, but I really don't think the public care about that extra 24 hours for most thingsDorset Plodder wrote: ↑26 Aug 2022, 19:23I was listening to a small girl the other morning giving her Dad grief ... "But I WANT ......", apart from thinking she needs a slap on the arse I thought that's exactly what our customers are doing!Kenfandango wrote: ↑26 Aug 2022, 18:47Which people though? I'm sure many people would happily wait a day... Has anyone actually asked the public?
People have just got used to that instant gratification, who the hell actually needs that REALLY urgent bit of tat ... THE SAME DAY?![]()
-
ninja22
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 26 Sep 2021, 11:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Kretinsky
If anyone knocked on my door at 10pm I’d tell them to get lost, if they knocked on my door at 10pm with a packet for my neighbour I’d smack them round the head with it.
Can you imagine someone’s finally managed to get their small child to sleep at night then you come along and ring their doorbell with a packet oh they’ll love that, that’ll go down well….
None of my customers have ever mentioned that they want their packets at night but I get a lot of them saying they would prefer to get their mail and packets first thing in the morning before they start their day. Like we used to many years ago
Can you imagine someone’s finally managed to get their small child to sleep at night then you come along and ring their doorbell with a packet oh they’ll love that, that’ll go down well….
None of my customers have ever mentioned that they want their packets at night but I get a lot of them saying they would prefer to get their mail and packets first thing in the morning before they start their day. Like we used to many years ago
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16709
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Kretinsky
When do we get a decision from Jacob Rees-Mogg?
Is it by the end of next week?
Is it by the end of next week?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6700
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Kretinsky
I think it will have been put back due to the death of the Queen.clashcityrocker wrote: ↑15 Sep 2022, 16:01When do we get a decision from Jacob Rees-Mogg?
Is it by the end of next week?
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Kretinsky
Why not scrap the DSA agreement and get paid full price. It must be around 80% of letters are now DSA ?
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........