Sadly, people do want people delivering their parcels to 10pm. Hence this dispute.WalkerX wrote: ↑25 Aug 2022, 20:59https://www.theguardian.com/business/ni ... -of-strike
The split is probably inevitable. Matey has his parcels . (Who really wants their parcel delivered at 10pm on a Sunday night? More`s the point, which of us will want to do it?)
Nationalise RM .
Simple Simon goes to work for Amazon as he`s so enamoured by them.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Kretinsky
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Kretinsky
-
kookoo32
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Kretinsky
You go knock on someone's door and you will get a black eye or stabbed or told to f*** off I know I have just doing my job at more civil times but your welcome to do it as I will not be doing it!Seymour Buts wrote: ↑26 Aug 2022, 13:49Sadly, people do want people delivering their parcels to 10pm. Hence this dispute.WalkerX wrote: ↑25 Aug 2022, 20:59https://www.theguardian.com/business/ni ... -of-strike
The split is probably inevitable. Matey has his parcels . (Who really wants their parcel delivered at 10pm on a Sunday night? More`s the point, which of us will want to do it?)
Nationalise RM .
Simple Simon goes to work for Amazon as he`s so enamoured by them.
-
Kenfandango
- Posts: 694
- Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Kretinsky
Didn't Simon's precious Amazon announce last year that Prime was "within 48 hours" now, as next day delivery on everything was proving really hard to keep up with, and costing Amazon quite a bit in refunds?
Also someone should point out to him that Amazon is a shop, not a delivery company (yes I know they can deliver stuff from your Amazon affiliated shop, but a lot of that is within 2 days now, not 1)
Also someone should point out to him that Amazon is a shop, not a delivery company (yes I know they can deliver stuff from your Amazon affiliated shop, but a lot of that is within 2 days now, not 1)
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Kretinsky
Simple Simon knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing!Kenfandango wrote: ↑26 Aug 2022, 15:00Didn't Simon's precious Amazon announce last year that Prime was "within 48 hours" now, as next day delivery on everything was proving really hard to keep up with, and costing Amazon quite a bit in refunds?
Also someone should point out to him that Amazon is a shop, not a delivery company (yes I know they can deliver stuff from your Amazon affiliated shop, but a lot of that is within 2 days now, not 1)
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Kretinsky
I can assure you, I don't want to do it. Amazon deliver til 10; it allows them to offer certain products that you can order in the morning that arrive the same day. Royal Mail are chasing that market, because it's what people want.k979aaa wrote: ↑26 Aug 2022, 14:05You go knock on someone's door and you will get a black eye or stabbed or told to f*** off I know I have just doing my job at more civil times but your welcome to do it as I will not be doing it!Seymour Buts wrote: ↑26 Aug 2022, 13:49Sadly, people do want people delivering their parcels to 10pm. Hence this dispute.WalkerX wrote: ↑25 Aug 2022, 20:59https://www.theguardian.com/business/ni ... -of-strike
The split is probably inevitable. Matey has his parcels . (Who really wants their parcel delivered at 10pm on a Sunday night? More`s the point, which of us will want to do it?)
Nationalise RM .
Simple Simon goes to work for Amazon as he`s so enamoured by them.
-
Kenfandango
- Posts: 694
- Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Kretinsky
Which people though? I'm sure many people would happily wait a day... Has anyone actually asked the public?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Kretinsky
If some clown knocks on my door at night the piss pot will be on his head!Seymour Buts wrote: ↑26 Aug 2022, 18:22I can assure you, I don't want to do it. Amazon deliver til 10; it allows them to offer certain products that you can order in the morning that arrive the same day. Royal Mail are chasing that market, because it's what people want.k979aaa wrote: ↑26 Aug 2022, 14:05You go knock on someone's door and you will get a black eye or stabbed or told to f*** off I know I have just doing my job at more civil times but your welcome to do it as I will not be doing it!Seymour Buts wrote: ↑26 Aug 2022, 13:49Sadly, people do want people delivering their parcels to 10pm. Hence this dispute.WalkerX wrote: ↑25 Aug 2022, 20:59https://www.theguardian.com/business/ni ... -of-strike
The split is probably inevitable. Matey has his parcels . (Who really wants their parcel delivered at 10pm on a Sunday night? More`s the point, which of us will want to do it?)
Nationalise RM .
Simple Simon goes to work for Amazon as he`s so enamoured by them.
-
no1postie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 16 Jan 2011, 14:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Kretinsky
hi all, rant coming ! ecomerce has created a eutopian system whereby consumers can order three dresses for an event, and send two if not three back for a refund. unfortunately it has given retailers a false sense of what is actually sustainable, and this s**t must stop. carbon footprints blllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabla. zero hour contracts, gig economy, erosion of family units and child care, dont get me started on pet care. give us propper jobs where people can go to work and provide a reasonable standard of living for their family, and a decent service for our customers. well done to all of you on the line today, big respect.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Kretinsky
I was listening to a small girl the other morning giving her Dad grief ... "But I WANT ......", apart from thinking she needs a slap on the arse I thought that's exactly what our customers are doing!Kenfandango wrote: ↑26 Aug 2022, 18:47Which people though? I'm sure many people would happily wait a day... Has anyone actually asked the public?
People have just got used to that instant gratification, who the hell actually needs that REALLY urgent bit of tat ... THE SAME DAY?
I ordered some plastic pipe for a water feature (NOT from Amazon), it only cost me £4 and I must have had about 5 e-mails informing me where it was and what time it might be delivered FFS! And then they wanted me to give some feedbackback and rate their service!
The worlds gone bloody mad I just threw it on top of the fridge until I got around to using it.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Kenfandango
- Posts: 694
- Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Kretinsky
I don't even think it's the customers, its the courier companies telling people that's what they want and people use it because it's there, not because they need or even want it. Obviously there are exceptions, and people occasionally NEED something urgently, but I really don't think the public care about that extra 24 hours for most thingsDorset Plodder wrote: ↑26 Aug 2022, 19:23I was listening to a small girl the other morning giving her Dad grief ... "But I WANT ......", apart from thinking she needs a slap on the arse I thought that's exactly what our customers are doing!Kenfandango wrote: ↑26 Aug 2022, 18:47Which people though? I'm sure many people would happily wait a day... Has anyone actually asked the public?
People have just got used to that instant gratification, who the hell actually needs that REALLY urgent bit of tat ... THE SAME DAY?![]()
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Kretinsky
I don't even think it's the customers, its the courier companies telling people that's what they want
You're probably right mate. These advertising guys have a lot to answer for.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
kookoo32
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
Re: Kretinsky
I had a wife like that. Had being the operative word.k979aaa wrote: ↑26 Aug 2022, 15:05Simple Simon knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing!Kenfandango wrote: ↑26 Aug 2022, 15:00Didn't Simon's precious Amazon announce last year that Prime was "within 48 hours" now, as next day delivery on everything was proving really hard to keep up with, and costing Amazon quite a bit in refunds?
Also someone should point out to him that Amazon is a shop, not a delivery company (yes I know they can deliver stuff from your Amazon affiliated shop, but a lot of that is within 2 days now, not 1)
-
themaze
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 21:36
Re: Kretinsky
Fly in the ointment is with a massive recession combined with high electric/gas people will have less spare cash to buy online.Seymour Buts wrote: ↑26 Aug 2022, 18:22I can assure you, I don't want to do it. Amazon deliver til 10; it allows them to offer certain products that you can order in the morning that arrive the same day. Royal Mail are chasing that market, because it's what people want.k979aaa wrote: ↑26 Aug 2022, 14:05You go knock on someone's door and you will get a black eye or stabbed or told to f*** off I know I have just doing my job at more civil times but your welcome to do it as I will not be doing it!Seymour Buts wrote: ↑26 Aug 2022, 13:49Sadly, people do want people delivering their parcels to 10pm. Hence this dispute.WalkerX wrote: ↑25 Aug 2022, 20:59https://www.theguardian.com/business/ni ... -of-strike
The split is probably inevitable. Matey has his parcels . (Who really wants their parcel delivered at 10pm on a Sunday night? More`s the point, which of us will want to do it?)
Nationalise RM .
Simple Simon goes to work for Amazon as he`s so enamoured by them.
-
Clappedoutpostie
- Posts: 1264
- Joined: 05 Nov 2021, 21:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Kretinsky
But they don’t want to pay for it, the sender doesn’t want to pay for it, RM don’t want to pay for it, so we must pay for it.Seymour Buts wrote: ↑26 Aug 2022, 13:49Sadly, people do want people delivering their parcels to 10pm.