ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tomorrow's Strike

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Kenfandango
Posts: 694
Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
Gender: Male

Re: Tomorrow's Strike

Post by Kenfandango »

Xr4 wrote: ↑
08 Sep 2022, 19:51
My manager's already text me to say we're at work tomorrow
Mine too, faster than our union rep!
Wolf91
Posts: 506
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Tomorrow's Strike

Post by Wolf91 »

Kenfandango wrote: ↑
08 Sep 2022, 19:53
Xr4 wrote: ↑
08 Sep 2022, 19:51
My manager's already text me to say we're at work tomorrow
Mine too, faster than our union rep!
I appreciate the sentiment, but isn’t it way too short notice?
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Tomorrow's Strike

Post by k979aaa »

Land of confusion bet we don't get paid for going in tomorrow next week.
Mr Rush
Posts: 3353
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

Re: Tomorrow's Strike

Post by Mr Rush »

I cannot begin to express how much I disagree with this decision. :thumbdown
The machine stops.
sixfoottwo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 569
Joined: 11 May 2017, 15:15
Gender: Male

Re: Tomorrow's Strike

Post by sixfoottwo »

The only place I've heard this is on here, what happens if you don't go in, asking for a friend!
Kenfandango
Posts: 694
Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
Gender: Male

Re: Tomorrow's Strike

Post by Kenfandango »

It's a terrible decision, and undermines the whole idea. And I'm speaking as someone who needs the money! Simon will be rubbing his greasy little paws together
Kenfandango
Posts: 694
Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
Gender: Male

Re: Tomorrow's Strike

Post by Kenfandango »

sixfoottwo wrote: ↑
08 Sep 2022, 20:17
The only place I've heard this is on here, what happens if you don't go in, asking for a friend!
I've had 3 texts from managers, a call, a WhatsApp group from the union rep and now a WhatsApp group from the managers! Consensus is that if you don't go in it'll be a non penalised unauthorised absence due to being last minute
sixfoottwo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 569
Joined: 11 May 2017, 15:15
Gender: Male

Re: Tomorrow's Strike

Post by sixfoottwo »

Kenfandango wrote: ↑
08 Sep 2022, 20:19
sixfoottwo wrote: ↑
08 Sep 2022, 20:17
The only place I've heard this is on here, what happens if you don't go in, asking for a friend!
I've had 3 texts from managers, a call, a WhatsApp group from the union rep and now a WhatsApp group from the managers! Consensus is that if you don't go in it'll be a non penalised unauthorised absence due to being last minute
Ok thanks plus loss of pay obviously, i shall let my mate know thanks!
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Tomorrow's Strike

Post by POSTMAN »

Regarding childcare issues ect due to short notice the CWU have said "Royal Mail have agreed to respect these sort of issues."
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.