ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dexydog
Posts: 887
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by Dexydog »

Some really strange takes on what striking involves on here. :arrrghhh
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by aiden01 »

KernowDeth wrote: ↑
06 Sep 2022, 22:07
I'm on a 20hr contract and was deducted 4hrs / £50.91

I only get paid for the hours I work so how can I be deducted anything
Did you go on strike??
KernowDeth
Posts: 33
Joined: 29 Nov 2021, 22:26
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by KernowDeth »

aiden01 wrote: ↑
07 Sep 2022, 23:53
KernowDeth wrote: ↑
06 Sep 2022, 22:07
I'm on a 20hr contract and was deducted 4hrs / £50.91

I only get paid for the hours I work so how can I be deducted anything
Did you go on strike??

Yes and also the previous week which I wasn't deducted for and both were working days for me
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by aiden01 »

KernowDeth wrote: ↑
08 Sep 2022, 00:02
aiden01 wrote: ↑
07 Sep 2022, 23:53
KernowDeth wrote: ↑
06 Sep 2022, 22:07
I'm on a 20hr contract and was deducted 4hrs / £50.91

I only get paid for the hours I work so how can I be deducted anything
Did you go on strike??

Yes and also the previous week which I wasn't deducted for and both were working days for me
You do realise if you go on strike an your due to work that you will not get paid.
sorefeet17
Posts: 299
Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by sorefeet17 »

blacov wrote: ↑
07 Sep 2022, 16:40
sorefeet17 wrote: ↑
07 Sep 2022, 15:44
Over ten grand more than me :nervous and I'm on the same basic hours :crazy:
Well I have strong feeling it is not a genuine payslip. Please pay attention to discrepancies I previously highlighted in relation to pay rate and basic pay. As well as very high total pay for someone on such a small basic pay. I am comparing it to myself and this is just a few hundred quid less than me and my basic is way higher (full time London) as well as regular OT. Can someone explain the discrepancies and why his take home pay in negative?
No its legit, the pay rate and basic pay is the same as on my wage slip for 30 hour contract, he just does shed loads of overtime by the looks of it :crazy:
Frankie15
Posts: 200
Joined: 17 Oct 2019, 16:48
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by Frankie15 »

It can't be a legit payslip. There's no National Insurance deduction!!!
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by yellowbelly »

Frankie15 wrote: ↑
08 Sep 2022, 09:40
It can't be a legit payslip. There's no National Insurance deduction!!!
That's because they've gone below the weekly thresholds for paying NI, and in this case they're actually into negative pay territory.
Frankie15
Posts: 200
Joined: 17 Oct 2019, 16:48
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by Frankie15 »

I suppose. I actually didn't look at the net pay.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by k979aaa »

Most of these deductions are related to pensionable pay ie the( Arrears of HP Npens OT -515.52) and (Arrears of HP Pens SSPR -12.96) so this is pension related has the person had a lump sum some of which is pensionable?
KernowDeth
Posts: 33
Joined: 29 Nov 2021, 22:26
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by KernowDeth »

aiden01 wrote: ↑
08 Sep 2022, 09:07
KernowDeth wrote: ↑
08 Sep 2022, 00:02
aiden01 wrote: ↑
07 Sep 2022, 23:53
KernowDeth wrote: ↑
06 Sep 2022, 22:07
I'm on a 20hr contract and was deducted 4hrs / £50.91

I only get paid for the hours I work so how can I be deducted anything
Did you go on strike??

Yes and also the previous week which I wasn't deducted for and both were working days for me
You do realise if you go on strike an your due to work that you will not get paid.

Yes I know that , i get paid for the hours I work and I worked 3 days which I was paid for but deducted 4 hours still I got 16hrs
mjd24
Posts: 1409
Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by mjd24 »

sorefeet17 wrote: ↑
08 Sep 2022, 09:37
blacov wrote: ↑
07 Sep 2022, 16:40
sorefeet17 wrote: ↑
07 Sep 2022, 15:44
Over ten grand more than me :nervous and I'm on the same basic hours :crazy:
Well I have strong feeling it is not a genuine payslip. Please pay attention to discrepancies I previously highlighted in relation to pay rate and basic pay. As well as very high total pay for someone on such a small basic pay. I am comparing it to myself and this is just a few hundred quid less than me and my basic is way higher (full time London) as well as regular OT. Can someone explain the discrepancies and why his take home pay in negative?
No its legit, the pay rate and basic pay is the same as on my wage slip for 30 hour contract, he just does shed loads of overtime by the looks of it :crazy:
There are guys in my office who regularly do 30 hours+ overtime per week.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by k979aaa »

k979aaa wrote: ↑
08 Sep 2022, 15:12
Most of these deductions are related to pensionable pay ie the( Arrears of HP Npens OT -515.52) and (Arrears of HP Pens SSPR -12.96) so this is pension related has the person had a lump sum some of which is pensionable?
It is more than OT it is Pensionable pay
sixfoottwo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 569
Joined: 11 May 2017, 15:15
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by sixfoottwo »

My last pay that went into my account was £118.62!! That can't be right Shirley?
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by aiden01 »

sixfoottwo wrote: ↑
09 Sep 2022, 20:56
My last pay that went into my account was £118.62!! That can't be right Shirley?
Whats your contracted hrs an did you strike??
sixfoottwo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 569
Joined: 11 May 2017, 15:15
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by sixfoottwo »

aiden01 wrote: ↑
09 Sep 2022, 22:30
sixfoottwo wrote: ↑
09 Sep 2022, 20:56
My last pay that went into my account was £118.62!! That can't be right Shirley?
Whats your contracted hrs an did you strike??
33hrs and yes, maybe it's correct but it did seem a bit low.