ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Kretinsky

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Re: Kretinsky

Post by Seymour Buts »

WalkerX wrote: ↑
25 Aug 2022, 20:59
https://www.theguardian.com/business/ni ... -of-strike

The split is probably inevitable. Matey has his parcels . (Who really wants their parcel delivered at 10pm on a Sunday night? More`s the point, which of us will want to do it?)
Nationalise RM .
Simple Simon goes to work for Amazon as he`s so enamoured by them.
Sadly, people do want people delivering their parcels to 10pm. Hence this dispute.
kookoo32
Posts: 187
Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Re: Kretinsky

Post by kookoo32 »

hans solo wrote: ↑
25 Aug 2022, 23:39
The gvmt could then use their acquisition of rm to compete with everyone else and set up their own parcel delivery within public company again
You’re forgetting one thing here. The government couldn’t run a bath.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Kretinsky

Post by k979aaa »

Seymour Buts wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2022, 13:49
WalkerX wrote: ↑
25 Aug 2022, 20:59
https://www.theguardian.com/business/ni ... -of-strike

The split is probably inevitable. Matey has his parcels . (Who really wants their parcel delivered at 10pm on a Sunday night? More`s the point, which of us will want to do it?)
Nationalise RM .
Simple Simon goes to work for Amazon as he`s so enamoured by them.
Sadly, people do want people delivering their parcels to 10pm. Hence this dispute.
You go knock on someone's door and you will get a black eye or stabbed or told to f*** off I know I have just doing my job at more civil times but your welcome to do it as I will not be doing it!
Kenfandango
Posts: 694
Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
Gender: Male

Re: Kretinsky

Post by Kenfandango »

Didn't Simon's precious Amazon announce last year that Prime was "within 48 hours" now, as next day delivery on everything was proving really hard to keep up with, and costing Amazon quite a bit in refunds?
Also someone should point out to him that Amazon is a shop, not a delivery company (yes I know they can deliver stuff from your Amazon affiliated shop, but a lot of that is within 2 days now, not 1)
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Kretinsky

Post by k979aaa »

Kenfandango wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2022, 15:00
Didn't Simon's precious Amazon announce last year that Prime was "within 48 hours" now, as next day delivery on everything was proving really hard to keep up with, and costing Amazon quite a bit in refunds?
Also someone should point out to him that Amazon is a shop, not a delivery company (yes I know they can deliver stuff from your Amazon affiliated shop, but a lot of that is within 2 days now, not 1)
Simple Simon knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing!
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Re: Kretinsky

Post by Seymour Buts »

k979aaa wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2022, 14:05
Seymour Buts wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2022, 13:49
WalkerX wrote: ↑
25 Aug 2022, 20:59
https://www.theguardian.com/business/ni ... -of-strike

The split is probably inevitable. Matey has his parcels . (Who really wants their parcel delivered at 10pm on a Sunday night? More`s the point, which of us will want to do it?)
Nationalise RM .
Simple Simon goes to work for Amazon as he`s so enamoured by them.
Sadly, people do want people delivering their parcels to 10pm. Hence this dispute.
You go knock on someone's door and you will get a black eye or stabbed or told to f*** off I know I have just doing my job at more civil times but your welcome to do it as I will not be doing it!
I can assure you, I don't want to do it. Amazon deliver til 10; it allows them to offer certain products that you can order in the morning that arrive the same day. Royal Mail are chasing that market, because it's what people want.
Kenfandango
Posts: 694
Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
Gender: Male

Re: Kretinsky

Post by Kenfandango »

Which people though? I'm sure many people would happily wait a day... Has anyone actually asked the public?
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Kretinsky

Post by k979aaa »

Seymour Buts wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2022, 18:22
k979aaa wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2022, 14:05
Seymour Buts wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2022, 13:49
WalkerX wrote: ↑
25 Aug 2022, 20:59
https://www.theguardian.com/business/ni ... -of-strike

The split is probably inevitable. Matey has his parcels . (Who really wants their parcel delivered at 10pm on a Sunday night? More`s the point, which of us will want to do it?)
Nationalise RM .
Simple Simon goes to work for Amazon as he`s so enamoured by them.
Sadly, people do want people delivering their parcels to 10pm. Hence this dispute.
You go knock on someone's door and you will get a black eye or stabbed or told to f*** off I know I have just doing my job at more civil times but your welcome to do it as I will not be doing it!
I can assure you, I don't want to do it. Amazon deliver til 10; it allows them to offer certain products that you can order in the morning that arrive the same day. Royal Mail are chasing that market, because it's what people want.
If some clown knocks on my door at night the piss pot will be on his head!
no1postie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 129
Joined: 16 Jan 2011, 14:48
Gender: Male

Re: Kretinsky

Post by no1postie »

hi all, rant coming ! ecomerce has created a eutopian system whereby consumers can order three dresses for an event, and send two if not three back for a refund. unfortunately it has given retailers a false sense of what is actually sustainable, and this s**t must stop. carbon footprints blllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabla. zero hour contracts, gig economy, erosion of family units and child care, dont get me started on pet care. give us propper jobs where people can go to work and provide a reasonable standard of living for their family, and a decent service for our customers. well done to all of you on the line today, big respect.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Kretinsky

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Kenfandango wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2022, 18:47
Which people though? I'm sure many people would happily wait a day... Has anyone actually asked the public?
I was listening to a small girl the other morning giving her Dad grief ... "But I WANT ......", apart from thinking she needs a slap on the arse I thought that's exactly what our customers are doing! :hmmmm

People have just got used to that instant gratification, who the hell actually needs that REALLY urgent bit of tat ... THE SAME DAY? :crazy:

I ordered some plastic pipe for a water feature (NOT from Amazon), it only cost me £4 and I must have had about 5 e-mails informing me where it was and what time it might be delivered FFS! And then they wanted me to give some feedbackback and rate their service! :arrrghhh

The worlds gone bloody mad I just threw it on top of the fridge until I got around to using it. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Kenfandango
Posts: 694
Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
Gender: Male

Re: Kretinsky

Post by Kenfandango »

Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2022, 19:23
Kenfandango wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2022, 18:47
Which people though? I'm sure many people would happily wait a day... Has anyone actually asked the public?
I was listening to a small girl the other morning giving her Dad grief ... "But I WANT ......", apart from thinking she needs a slap on the arse I thought that's exactly what our customers are doing! :hmmmm

People have just got used to that instant gratification, who the hell actually needs that REALLY urgent bit of tat ... THE SAME DAY? :crazy:
I don't even think it's the customers, its the courier companies telling people that's what they want and people use it because it's there, not because they need or even want it. Obviously there are exceptions, and people occasionally NEED something urgently, but I really don't think the public care about that extra 24 hours for most things
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Kretinsky

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Kenfandango wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2022, 19:27

I don't even think it's the customers, its the courier companies telling people that's what they want

You're probably right mate. These advertising guys have a lot to answer for. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
kookoo32
Posts: 187
Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Re: Kretinsky

Post by kookoo32 »

k979aaa wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2022, 15:05
Kenfandango wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2022, 15:00
Didn't Simon's precious Amazon announce last year that Prime was "within 48 hours" now, as next day delivery on everything was proving really hard to keep up with, and costing Amazon quite a bit in refunds?
Also someone should point out to him that Amazon is a shop, not a delivery company (yes I know they can deliver stuff from your Amazon affiliated shop, but a lot of that is within 2 days now, not 1)
Simple Simon knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing!
I had a wife like that. Had being the operative word.
themaze
Posts: 121
Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 21:36

Re: Kretinsky

Post by themaze »

Seymour Buts wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2022, 18:22
k979aaa wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2022, 14:05
Seymour Buts wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2022, 13:49
WalkerX wrote: ↑
25 Aug 2022, 20:59
https://www.theguardian.com/business/ni ... -of-strike

The split is probably inevitable. Matey has his parcels . (Who really wants their parcel delivered at 10pm on a Sunday night? More`s the point, which of us will want to do it?)
Nationalise RM .
Simple Simon goes to work for Amazon as he`s so enamoured by them.
Sadly, people do want people delivering their parcels to 10pm. Hence this dispute.
You go knock on someone's door and you will get a black eye or stabbed or told to f*** off I know I have just doing my job at more civil times but your welcome to do it as I will not be doing it!
I can assure you, I don't want to do it. Amazon deliver til 10; it allows them to offer certain products that you can order in the morning that arrive the same day. Royal Mail are chasing that market, because it's what people want.
Fly in the ointment is with a massive recession combined with high electric/gas people will have less spare cash to buy online.
Clappedoutpostie
Posts: 1264
Joined: 05 Nov 2021, 21:46
Gender: Male

Re: Kretinsky

Post by Clappedoutpostie »

Seymour Buts wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2022, 13:49
Sadly, people do want people delivering their parcels to 10pm.
But they don’t want to pay for it, the sender doesn’t want to pay for it, RM don’t want to pay for it, so we must pay for it.