ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Strike queries?
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Strike queries?
Ours is a small office max 30 talk of 5 people going in on friday to work
, have heard no lorries coming into our office, if so what will happen to them will they have to go to our nearest office approx 10 miles which have a few hundred staff, surely they wont toss it off in our office.
-
Sputters
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 28 Apr 2017, 22:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Strike queries?
I will be striking on friday . The manager said so far we have 9 out of 35 going in on Friday and a few more are undecided . They also will have to go to another office which is about 17 miles away .
-
Foxel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 514
- Joined: 04 Oct 2021, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Strike queries?
One of our guys who is really undecided was told he would be sent to another office and have to do a walk out there or there was the option of having the mail brought to his house.comeracing wrote: ↑24 Aug 2022, 20:01Ours is a small office max 30 talk of 5 people going in on friday to work, have heard no lorries coming into our office, if so what will happen to them will they have to go to our nearest office approx 10 miles which have a few hundred staff, surely they wont toss it off in our office.
I'm turning purple!
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Strike queries?
I’m assuming those 5 will have no issues with working Sundays in the future.comeracing wrote: ↑24 Aug 2022, 20:01Ours is a small office max 30 talk of 5 people going in on friday to work, have heard no lorries coming into our office, if so what will happen to them will they have to go to our nearest office approx 10 miles which have a few hundred staff, surely they wont toss it off in our office.
-
Gary55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 354
- Joined: 29 Jun 2021, 21:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: london
Re: Strike queries?
Or bending over and taking up the arse
-
TopperGas
- Posts: 3523
- Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Strike queries?
Or working late into the night in the winter in order to clear whatever work they are given to them before they leave the DO?chickenwittle wrote: ↑24 Aug 2022, 20:50I’m assuming those 5 will have no issues with working Sundays in the future.comeracing wrote: ↑24 Aug 2022, 20:01Ours is a small office max 30 talk of 5 people going in on friday to work, have heard no lorries coming into our office, if so what will happen to them will they have to go to our nearest office approx 10 miles which have a few hundred staff, surely they wont toss it off in our office.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Strike queries?
Or taking the extra money from an increased pay offer..
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Strike queries?
Tossing off and strike benders em will not cross my picket line oh just drive 10 miles so I can shaft all my colleagues and cost themselves more than they will get. Why not tell them to go down to the docks the dockers are out and their is plenty of work servicing the seamen at this time of the year!
-
postman tom
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 08 Mar 2011, 15:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Strike queries?
Signed off work on strike days can you still join colleagues on picket line
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Strike queries?
RM put something out and I think I have seen it on here, if you are off sick and you join the picket line they will stop your pay. I am sure that is what it said so I stand to be corrected.postman tom wrote: ↑25 Aug 2022, 09:40Signed off work on strike days can you still join colleagues on picket line
-
Skuse
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Jun 2013, 18:54
- Gender: Male
-
Skuse
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Jun 2013, 18:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Strike queries?
People undecided?????? Are they taking the piss ?? I’ve been on many strikes over the years and once my mum in law had to feed my family because of it but I NEVER EVER contemplated going into work
, Thea people going in should hang their heads in SHAME
-
cheerful
- Posts: 90
- Joined: 29 Jun 2016, 21:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Strike queries?
A couple of strike questions:
I'm in a big depot, hundreds of posties, I'm attending the picket line tomorrow morning, and there was a rumour they'd be media there too.
Should I wear the RM outfit? I just assumed I should, but then thought maybe some of the other strikers would think I'm gonna wave a placard at 7am, then sneak in and do some loops at 9am.
Also, my manager is on holiday, I haven't told any bosses I'm striking, am I supposed to have signed something or informed them in some way?
I'm in a big depot, hundreds of posties, I'm attending the picket line tomorrow morning, and there was a rumour they'd be media there too.
Should I wear the RM outfit? I just assumed I should, but then thought maybe some of the other strikers would think I'm gonna wave a placard at 7am, then sneak in and do some loops at 9am.
Also, my manager is on holiday, I haven't told any bosses I'm striking, am I supposed to have signed something or informed them in some way?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16709
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Strike queries?
I think we should wear uniform but I appear to be in a minority.
You don't have to have told any manager anything.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.