ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Strike queries?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Strike queries?

Post by comeracing »

Ours is a small office max 30 talk of 5 people going in on friday to work :arrrghhh , have heard no lorries coming into our office, if so what will happen to them will they have to go to our nearest office approx 10 miles which have a few hundred staff, surely they wont toss it off in our office.
Sputters
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 112
Joined: 28 Apr 2017, 22:17
Gender: Male

Re: Strike queries?

Post by Sputters »

I will be striking on friday . The manager said so far we have 9 out of 35 going in on Friday and a few more are undecided . They also will have to go to another office which is about 17 miles away .
Foxel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 514
Joined: 04 Oct 2021, 21:20
Gender: Male

Re: Strike queries?

Post by Foxel »

comeracing wrote: ↑
24 Aug 2022, 20:01
Ours is a small office max 30 talk of 5 people going in on friday to work :arrrghhh , have heard no lorries coming into our office, if so what will happen to them will they have to go to our nearest office approx 10 miles which have a few hundred staff, surely they wont toss it off in our office.
One of our guys who is really undecided was told he would be sent to another office and have to do a walk out there or there was the option of having the mail brought to his house.
I'm turning purple!
chickenwittle
Posts: 2095
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
Gender: Male

Re: Strike queries?

Post by chickenwittle »

comeracing wrote: ↑
24 Aug 2022, 20:01
Ours is a small office max 30 talk of 5 people going in on friday to work :arrrghhh , have heard no lorries coming into our office, if so what will happen to them will they have to go to our nearest office approx 10 miles which have a few hundred staff, surely they wont toss it off in our office.
I’m assuming those 5 will have no issues with working Sundays in the future.
Gary55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 354
Joined: 29 Jun 2021, 21:02
Gender: Male
Location: london

Re: Strike queries?

Post by Gary55 »

Or bending over and taking up the arse
TopperGas
Posts: 3523
Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
Gender: Male

Re: Strike queries?

Post by TopperGas »

chickenwittle wrote: ↑
24 Aug 2022, 20:50
comeracing wrote: ↑
24 Aug 2022, 20:01
Ours is a small office max 30 talk of 5 people going in on friday to work :arrrghhh , have heard no lorries coming into our office, if so what will happen to them will they have to go to our nearest office approx 10 miles which have a few hundred staff, surely they wont toss it off in our office.
I’m assuming those 5 will have no issues with working Sundays in the future.
Or working late into the night in the winter in order to clear whatever work they are given to them before they leave the DO?
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Re: Strike queries?

Post by LaggyBand »

Or taking the extra money from an increased pay offer..
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Strike queries?

Post by k979aaa »

Tossing off and strike benders em will not cross my picket line oh just drive 10 miles so I can shaft all my colleagues and cost themselves more than they will get. Why not tell them to go down to the docks the dockers are out and their is plenty of work servicing the seamen at this time of the year!
postman tom
Posts: 1
Joined: 08 Mar 2011, 15:59
Gender: Male

Re: Strike queries?

Post by postman tom »

Signed off work on strike days can you still join colleagues on picket line
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: Strike queries?

Post by Surreypostie »

postman tom wrote: ↑
25 Aug 2022, 09:40
Signed off work on strike days can you still join colleagues on picket line
RM put something out and I think I have seen it on here, if you are off sick and you join the picket line they will stop your pay. I am sure that is what it said so I stand to be corrected.
Skuse
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Jun 2013, 18:54
Gender: Male

Re: Strike queries?

Post by Skuse »

:thumbup
Gary55 wrote: ↑
24 Aug 2022, 21:19
Or bending over and taking up the arse
Skuse
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Jun 2013, 18:54
Gender: Male

Re: Strike queries?

Post by Skuse »

People undecided?????? Are they taking the piss ?? I’ve been on many strikes over the years and once my mum in law had to feed my family because of it but I NEVER EVER contemplated going into work 🤬, Thea people going in should hang their heads in SHAME
qwerty2
Posts: 2120
Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 00:42
Gender: Male

Re: Strike queries?

Post by qwerty2 »

Skuse wrote: ↑
25 Aug 2022, 14:47
:thumbup
Gary55 wrote: ↑
24 Aug 2022, 21:19
Or bending over and taking up the arse
Some people in my office will do anything for OT :left:
cheerful
Posts: 90
Joined: 29 Jun 2016, 21:30
Gender: Male

Re: Strike queries?

Post by cheerful »

A couple of strike questions:

I'm in a big depot, hundreds of posties, I'm attending the picket line tomorrow morning, and there was a rumour they'd be media there too.

Should I wear the RM outfit? I just assumed I should, but then thought maybe some of the other strikers would think I'm gonna wave a placard at 7am, then sneak in and do some loops at 9am.

Also, my manager is on holiday, I haven't told any bosses I'm striking, am I supposed to have signed something or informed them in some way?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16709
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Strike queries?

Post by clashcityrocker »

cheerful wrote: ↑
25 Aug 2022, 16:21
A couple of strike questions:
Should I wear the RM outfit? I just assumed I should,

Also, my manager is on holiday, I haven't told any bosses I'm striking, am I supposed to have signed something or informed them in some way?
I think we should wear uniform but I appear to be in a minority.
You don't have to have told any manager anything.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.