ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Strike fund

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
Dee mc
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 Mar 2021, 20:15
Gender: Male

Strike fund

Post by Dee mc »

Am asking this question as am curious ,and I couldn’t find anywere for this information ,so am hoping to get an answer here , I was told recently that the Cwu don’t want to strike for more than 3 days at a time because they would have to pay a part of our wages are all if they did ,and I came across the saying of a strike fund ,and I was wanting to know was there any truth in this??
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Re: Strike fund

Post by P13 »

Dee mc wrote: ↑
23 Aug 2022, 23:10
Am asking this question as am curious ,and I couldn’t find anywere for this information ,so am hoping to get an answer here , I was told recently that the Cwu don’t want to strike for more than 3 days at a time because they would have to pay a part of our wages are all if they did ,and I came across the saying of a strike fund ,and I was wanting to know was there any truth in this??
Utter rubbish
redlen
Posts: 1348
Joined: 21 Dec 2021, 12:05
Gender: Male

Re: Strike fund

Post by redlen »

Very few unions now have a strike fund that pays its members during a walkout. The only exception can think of is possibly UNITE being the largest trade union. Smaller trade unions do not have the financial income now to support strike pay with diminished membership figures.

https://unitealliance.org/wp-content/up ... -Guide.pdf

What trade unions have is a hardship fund you can apply directly.

Back in 1985, Bruce Springsteen donated 20,000 to the Durham Miners support group to help feed miners and their families
Skuse
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Jun 2013, 18:54
Gender: Male

Re: Strike fund

Post by Skuse »

We are not bus drivers working for arriva who got 70% of pay for 5 hours a day at the picket line
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Strike fund

Post by daveyeff »

we got 50 quid in 1996 when we were out for 18 days. .....but that was 26 yrs ago.
1560loopsayear
Posts: 230
Joined: 05 Mar 2019, 18:33
Gender: Male

Re: Strike fund

Post by 1560loopsayear »

daveyeff wrote: ↑
24 Aug 2022, 15:48
we got 50 quid in 1996 when we were out for 18 days. .....but that was 26 yrs ago.
The way inflations going is that not worth 50,000 in today's money.... I jest.
postieblueshirt
Posts: 1241
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
Gender: Male

Re: Strike fund

Post by postieblueshirt »

daveyeff wrote: ↑
24 Aug 2022, 15:48
we got 50 quid in 1996 when we were out for 18 days. .....but that was 26 yrs ago.
I started in 1995 were we all out for 18 days or was that more local? I remember being on strike but can't remember for how long.
mattick
Posts: 117
Joined: 26 Nov 2019, 21:28
Gender: Male

Re: Strike fund

Post by mattick »

Royal Mail tax statements say they pay £5 billion per year in wages. The union raises £30 million per year from memberships. I don't think there's much in the kitty for paying striking OPG's