ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Strike fund
-
Dee mc
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 22 Mar 2021, 20:15
- Gender: Male
Strike fund
Am asking this question as am curious ,and I couldn’t find anywere for this information ,so am hoping to get an answer here , I was told recently that the Cwu don’t want to strike for more than 3 days at a time because they would have to pay a part of our wages are all if they did ,and I came across the saying of a strike fund ,and I was wanting to know was there any truth in this??
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Strike fund
Utter rubbishDee mc wrote: ↑23 Aug 2022, 23:10Am asking this question as am curious ,and I couldn’t find anywere for this information ,so am hoping to get an answer here , I was told recently that the Cwu don’t want to strike for more than 3 days at a time because they would have to pay a part of our wages are all if they did ,and I came across the saying of a strike fund ,and I was wanting to know was there any truth in this??
-
redlen
- Posts: 1348
- Joined: 21 Dec 2021, 12:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Strike fund
Very few unions now have a strike fund that pays its members during a walkout. The only exception can think of is possibly UNITE being the largest trade union. Smaller trade unions do not have the financial income now to support strike pay with diminished membership figures.
https://unitealliance.org/wp-content/up ... -Guide.pdf
What trade unions have is a hardship fund you can apply directly.
Back in 1985, Bruce Springsteen donated 20,000 to the Durham Miners support group to help feed miners and their families
https://unitealliance.org/wp-content/up ... -Guide.pdf
What trade unions have is a hardship fund you can apply directly.
Back in 1985, Bruce Springsteen donated 20,000 to the Durham Miners support group to help feed miners and their families
-
Skuse
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Jun 2013, 18:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Strike fund
We are not bus drivers working for arriva who got 70% of pay for 5 hours a day at the picket line
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Strike fund
we got 50 quid in 1996 when we were out for 18 days. .....but that was 26 yrs ago.
-
1560loopsayear
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 05 Mar 2019, 18:33
- Gender: Male
-
postieblueshirt
- Posts: 1241
- Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
- Gender: Male
-
mattick
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 26 Nov 2019, 21:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Strike fund
Royal Mail tax statements say they pay £5 billion per year in wages. The union raises £30 million per year from memberships. I don't think there's much in the kitty for paying striking OPG's