ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Blue shirts

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
frankieboy
Posts: 303
Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34

Re: Blue shirts

Post by frankieboy »

Bought myself a dri fit t shirt and a size bigger than usual, worked a treat. If the company can't supply decent uniform then it's non uniform day for me.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts

Post by Dorset Plodder »

matthew68 wrote: ↑
17 Jul 2022, 16:49
Have we stopped supplying the blue shirts as I cannot find any on uniform ordering page?

Unfortunately I think you've missed the boat mate. We've been chatting about this same problem for a while now. I knew it was going to happen so I've been stockpiling the "Old" Blue shirts for a while .... I've got 15 of them now that should last me until I Die ... sorry Retire :nana

You could try E-Bay, I've seen RM uniform items on there before. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16709
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Blue shirts

Post by clashcityrocker »

Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑
18 Jul 2022, 16:39
I've been stockpiling the "Old" Blue shirts for a while .... I've got 15 of them now that should last me until I Die ... sorry Retire :nana
Not if they enforce the wearing of new uniform only, which apparently is the plan.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Marshamp11
Posts: 437
Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts

Post by Marshamp11 »

clashcityrocker wrote: ↑
18 Jul 2022, 17:00
Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑
18 Jul 2022, 16:39
I've been stockpiling the "Old" Blue shirts for a while .... I've got 15 of them now that should last me until I Die ... sorry Retire :nana
Not if they enforce the wearing of new uniform only, which apparently is the plan.
What like how they enforce the use if LWTs and Hi-Viz's.
WalkerX
Posts: 432
Joined: 20 Feb 2021, 22:31
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts

Post by WalkerX »

eastie wrote: ↑
17 Jul 2022, 18:13
loved the cotton shirts as the polo shirts are tight and too hot
What was wrong with the blue shirts as they were loose fitting and cooler in the summer
A lot of the older guys have been coming in wearing the blue shirts for this very reason.
priority102
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 520
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:57
Gender: Female

Re: Blue shirts

Post by priority102 »

clashcityrocker wrote: ↑
18 Jul 2022, 17:00
Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑
18 Jul 2022, 16:39
I've been stockpiling the "Old" Blue shirts for a while .... I've got 15 of them now that should last me until I Die ... sorry Retire :nana
Not if they enforce the wearing of new uniform only, which apparently is the plan.
They won't enforce uniform wearing - they save many thousands of pounds by people wearing their own clobber!
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts

Post by Dorset Plodder »

clashcityrocker wrote: ↑
18 Jul 2022, 17:00
Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑
18 Jul 2022, 16:39
I've been stockpiling the "Old" Blue shirts for a while .... I've got 15 of them now that should last me until I Die ... sorry Retire :nana
Not if they enforce the wearing of new uniform only, which apparently is the plan.
You're telling me RM have a plan Clash? :shock: I think they've got bigger fish to fry mate. :hmmmm You'll be telling me next they're going to enforce shaving (for males) and the use of soap to prevent BO! :speak to the hand

Personally I don't think they give a shite what you wear provided you take your Lapsing and don't claim any Pressure. Perhaps they'll even insist on Managers Ironing their clothes and not turning up to work in sports gear! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
postieblueshirt
Posts: 1241
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts

Post by postieblueshirt »

God this was a shirt n tie job wtf happened.....
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts

Post by Dorset Plodder »

postieblueshirt wrote: ↑
18 Jul 2022, 22:08
God this was a shirt n tie job wtf happened.....
Dropping Standards Mate. :sad:

Nowadays these Young Whipper Snappers wouldn't know how to knot a tie, let alone wear one. I remember chatting to the "Old Gits" when I joined (remember Royal Mail used to be a Reserved Occupation for Ex-Servicemen) and they used to talk about actually being INSPECTED before they were allowed out on Delivery! :shock:

As previously mentioned in a few posts, nowadays we look more like a bunch of Tramps, delivering the mail in football strips and tracky bottoms. :no no
And IF you're one of them then you're a Twat! Get a Grip of yourself FFS. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
postieblueshirt
Posts: 1241
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts

Post by postieblueshirt »

Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑
18 Jul 2022, 22:29
postieblueshirt wrote: ↑
18 Jul 2022, 22:08
God this was a shirt n tie job wtf happened.....
Dropping Standards Mate. :sad:

Nowadays these Young Whipper Snappers wouldn't know how to knot a tie, let alone wear one. I remember chatting to the "Old Gits" when I joined (remember Royal Mail used to be a Reserved Occupation for Ex-Servicemen) and they used to talk about actually being INSPECTED before they were allowed out on Delivery! :shock:

As previously mentioned in a few posts, nowadays we look more like a bunch of Tramps, delivering the mail in football strips and tracky bottoms. :no no
And IF you're one of them then you're a Twat! Get a Grip of yourself FFS. :cuppa
Yip 6 weeks in summer if I remember right you could go without the tie.its changed completely.its very sad when you think about it.
Skuse
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Jun 2013, 18:54
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts

Post by Skuse »

blue1873 wrote: ↑
18 Jul 2022, 12:38
Skuse wrote: ↑
18 Jul 2022, 10:07
I stopped wearing the blue shirts when they made them unisex and they looked like maternity blouses 🙄, don’t get me started on the good old Ben Sherman shirts and how I miss them
Or the thermal jackets with detachable sleeves , they were the dogs bollocks :thumbup
could be worn in our "normal summers " without the sleeves ,a brilliant jacket , now all
posties go about looking like meter readers RM must be saving millions on uniforms
what price is a Hi - Viz against an appropriate jacket for the job. :crazy:
Riding my Pashley postie bike with my sturmey archer 3 speed gears wearing that jacket oh boss days they were
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑
18 Jul 2022, 22:29
postieblueshirt wrote: ↑
18 Jul 2022, 22:08
God this was a shirt n tie job wtf happened.....
Dropping Standards Mate. :sad:

Nowadays these Young Whipper Snappers wouldn't know how to knot a tie, let alone wear one. I remember chatting to the "Old Gits" when I joined (remember Royal Mail used to be a Reserved Occupation for Ex-Servicemen) and they used to talk about actually being INSPECTED before they were allowed out on Delivery! :shock:

As previously mentioned in a few posts, nowadays we look more like a bunch of Tramps, delivering the mail in football strips and tracky bottoms. :no no
And IF you're one of them then you're a Twat! Get a Grip of yourself FFS. :cuppa
In a MC a tie would be an H&S issue, if it got caught up in a machine, same reason that lanyards have to be tucked away (or at least be of the type that quickly pops open if any sort of strain is placed on it)
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16709
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Blue shirts

Post by clashcityrocker »

SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
19 Jul 2022, 06:09


In a MC a tie would be an H&S issue, if it got caught up in a machine, same reason that lanyards have to be tucked away (or at least be of the type that quickly pops open if any sort of strain is placed on it)
But we are not in a MC. We are not inside a building.
We are the very public face of Royal Mail and I can't think of any business that would be happy to have their business advertised by dirty unkempt people of no fixed abode.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1507
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts

Post by HTPostman »

I think there needs to be a happy medium between the two.

No we shouldn’t be wearing Adidas shorts and Nike tops.

However likewise to the ‘shirt and tie’ club; back in the day what time was your first and last letter on an average day? How many delivery points did you have? How many houses on average did you have to knock at? That last one is a biggie for me, when I’m walking I get a smidge of a breeze. When I’m stood on a sun trap patio with a special/tracked/recorded waiting for an answer that’s when I really feel the heat.

Anyway if only our employers communicated with us and worked with us to develop uniform that’s smart but also suitable for being out in the warmest part of the day.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
Deadly
Posts: 703
Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts

Post by Deadly »

I also prefer the blue shirt and have also ordered extra to last a few years, absolutely no way am I wearing a tie though :Very Happy