I would like to but I’m worried I’ll just be counted as a racist.pieoftheday wrote: ↑16 Jul 2022, 11:58If your manager talks to the work force in none English, speak up, talk loud and confident " PLEASE SPEAK ENGLISH BOSS" , "NO OFFENCE BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND" you could secretly record him on your phone if and when you take it further
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Feeling isolated
-
Bingsmith
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 08 Jan 2014, 20:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Feeling isolated
-
Bingsmith
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 08 Jan 2014, 20:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Feeling isolated
Thank you everyone I feel a bit more supported
. I’ll man up ready for Monday n try to be firm. I hoped there might be so rules I can quote.
-
postieblueshirt
- Posts: 1241
- Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Feeling isolated
WOW what an environment to work in.my sympathys I wouldn't like that happening to me either.And you feel you would be branded a racist for speaking up.thank God up here we all just speak scottish to each otherBingsmith wrote: ↑16 Jul 2022, 22:12I would like to but I’m worried I’ll just be counted as a racist.pieoftheday wrote: ↑16 Jul 2022, 11:58If your manager talks to the work force in none English, speak up, talk loud and confident " PLEASE SPEAK ENGLISH BOSS" , "NO OFFENCE BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND" you could secretly record him on your phone if and when you take it further
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Feeling isolated
Record it on your phone it is evidence use your microphone voice recorder you can translate it later if it is racist you have it if not you may understand it. And think about how to build bridges but ultimately racism is a two way street what goes for you is the same for others.
-
redlen
- Posts: 1348
- Joined: 21 Dec 2021, 12:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Feeling isolated
Why are you staying a language barrier is racist? That is ridiculous and very narrow-minded statement to make. It is also inflammatory and can be regarded as hate speech.
And once again, you start covert recordings without prior authorisation is a dismissal offence. We will regard it as a breakdown of mutual trust between employer and employee.
And once again, you start covert recordings without prior authorisation is a dismissal offence. We will regard it as a breakdown of mutual trust between employer and employee.
Last edited by redlen on 19 Jul 2022, 06:49, edited 1 time in total.
-
denhamhoop
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 19:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Feeling isolated
To whom exactly when it's managers and union reps that are quite often the worst offendersscoobydo79 wrote: ↑15 Jul 2022, 15:41Everyone should be speaking English in your work environment. Report it if they do not.
-
sorefeet17
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
- Gender: Male
Re: Feeling isolated
Hate speech!
He was also saying that he didn't want to appear racist, not that that their use of another language was itself racist, but who knows maybe they do want to force him to leave for their own interests?
-
Bingsmith
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 08 Jan 2014, 20:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Feeling isolated
What happened to make you come back? “going to retire from this thread as it is now making me feel uncomfortable.” It’s because of aggressive posters like you people are scared to post.redlen wrote: ↑18 Jul 2022, 11:50Why are you staying a language barrier is racist? That is ridiculous and very narrow-minded statement to make. It is also inflammatory and can be regarded as hate speech.
And once again, you start covert recordings without prior authorisation is a dismissal offence. We will regard it as a breakdown of mutual trust between employer and employee.
Your twisting what I said. I genuinely wanted help/advice/support ect. I won’t continue with this thread, hope your happy now.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3724
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Feeling isolated
Not sure what the answer to this, but some interesting points on language discrimination at work on this commercial law firm website
including references to real life cases: https://harperjames.co.uk/article/forei ... #section-2
including references to real life cases: https://harperjames.co.uk/article/forei ... #section-2