ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Unite CMA ballot Results

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TopperGas
Posts: 3523
Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
Gender: Male

Re: Unite CMA ballot Results

Post by TopperGas »

sindba wrote: ↑
30 Jun 2022, 16:46
We should all support the managers in this in my opinion. They are workers standing up for their rights against fat cat bosses, like us.

That doesn't mean we have to support them when they try to screw us over at work of course.
Haven't they all had pay rises in the £K's whilst doing a similar role they've always done, not sure what we're supposed to be supporting? Although with a bit of luck they'll strike at the same time as us and really cause RM big issues if DO's have to shut for 2 days or more each time we do on strike.
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3226
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Re: Unite CMA ballot Results

Post by Acca Dacca »

TopperGas wrote: ↑
30 Jun 2022, 20:21
sindba wrote: ↑
30 Jun 2022, 16:46
We should all support the managers in this in my opinion. They are workers standing up for their rights against fat cat bosses, like us.

That doesn't mean we have to support them when they try to screw us over at work of course.
Haven't they all had pay rises in the £K's whilst doing a similar role they've always done, not sure what we're supposed to be supporting? Although with a bit of luck they'll strike at the same time as us and really cause RM big issues if DO's have to shut for 2 days or more each time we do on strike.
Same month yes but would be silly to strike same days as us
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Unite CMA ballot Results

Post by SpacePhoenix »

If they teamed u with the CWU, you could have:

Collections -> Logistics -> MC Processing -> MC Distribution -> DO Staff -> DO Mangers

I'm assuming that it was just the managers in DOs who were balloted
POSTPERSON50
Posts: 511
Joined: 21 Oct 2021, 11:09
Gender: Female

Re: Unite CMA ballot Results

Post by POSTPERSON50 »

Would somebody post a Unite CMA ballot paper example please?

I'd like to see the actual wording on the paper.
POSTPERSON50
Posts: 511
Joined: 21 Oct 2021, 11:09
Gender: Female

Re: Unite CMA ballot Results

Post by POSTPERSON50 »

SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
29 Jun 2022, 19:30
Nice bit of irony, we have no choice but to cross their picket lines, and they have to conduct code anyone who doesn't cross their picket lines
Outside the gate:

Postie: "I refuse to cross a picket line"

Manager: "Thanks for your support"

Postie: "OK, I'm going home, see you next week"

Manager: "This absence will count on your sick record..."

Postie: "But I'm already on a stage 2, and this absence will trigger a stage 3, will I be OK?"

Manager: "Thanks for your support".
Tman
Posts: 4146
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Re: Unite CMA ballot Results

Post by Tman »

clashcityrocker wrote: ↑
29 Jun 2022, 21:08
postieblueshirt wrote: ↑
29 Jun 2022, 18:01
and 22 spoiled this is management and they can't tick a box properly??
Spoiling your ballot paper is a legitimate means of voting.
What do you do if you want to vote but aren't presented with an option you like?
Then don't vote, of course. Nothing legitimate (in the voting context) of writing "f*ck off" across the slip unless bumping up the "spoilt papers" count is your aim, though "spoilt papers" isn't a viable candidate.
The UK doesn't do the concept of "none of the above" when voting as voting isn't compulsory.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Re: Unite CMA ballot Results

Post by crimson king »

POSTPERSON50 wrote: ↑
01 Jul 2022, 08:05
SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
29 Jun 2022, 19:30
Nice bit of irony, we have no choice but to cross their picket lines, and they have to conduct code anyone who doesn't cross their picket lines
Outside the gate:

Postie: "I refuse to cross a picket line"

Manager: "Thanks for your support"

Postie: "OK, I'm going home, see you next week"

Manager: "This absence will count on your sick record..."

Postie: "But I'm already on a stage 2, and this absence will trigger a stage 3, will I be OK?"

Manager: "Thanks for your support".
Sadly, this is bloody true it's depressing. I think the best way to not cross their picket line (not that they'll ever have one, the spineless lumps) is to have a nasty cold that day...
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
kingeric
Posts: 133
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 13:45
Gender: Male

Re: Unite CMA ballot Results

Post by kingeric »

TopperGas wrote: ↑
30 Jun 2022, 20:21
sindba wrote: ↑
30 Jun 2022, 16:46
We should all support the managers in this in my opinion. They are workers standing up for their rights against fat cat bosses, like us.

That doesn't mean we have to support them when they try to screw us over at work of course.
Haven't they all had pay rises in the £K's whilst doing a similar role they've always done, not sure what we're supposed to be supporting? Although with a bit of luck they'll strike at the same time as us and really cause RM big issues if DO's have to shut for 2 days or more each time we do on strike.
I believe their terms and conditions have been changed drastically.

We should know better than anyone that this isn't just about money.

How can we complain about the public potentially going against us and not looking at the whole picture when we look at the managers dispute as being one dimensional and purely being about money.

My DOM has said they could be moved anywhere in the country, have to work Sundays and Bank Holidays and can be forced to work overtime but only receive a day back for it and not be paid. There was more that I can't remember now but it's similar to what we are fighting.

Like it or not we're all in the same battle here. If one side wins something it is likely to help the other side. I'm closely watching the Sundays because the day I'm forced to work a Sunday is the day I leave.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16709
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Unite CMA ballot Results

Post by clashcityrocker »

crimson king wrote: ↑
02 Jul 2022, 05:49
POSTPERSON50 wrote: ↑
01 Jul 2022, 08:05
SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
29 Jun 2022, 19:30
Nice bit of irony, we have no choice but to cross their picket lines, and they have to conduct code anyone who doesn't cross their picket lines
Outside the gate:

Postie: "I refuse to cross a picket line"

Manager: "Thanks for your support"

Postie: "OK, I'm going home, see you next week"

Manager: "This absence will count on your sick record..."

Postie: "But I'm already on a stage 2, and this absence will trigger a stage 3, will I be OK?"

Manager: "Thanks for your support".
Sadly, this is bloody true it's depressing. I think the best way to not cross their picket line (not that they'll ever have one, the spineless lumps) is to have a nasty cold that day...
How would refusing to cross a picket line count as a day on your sick record?
Nonsense.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Unite CMA ballot Results

Post by POSTMAN »

Like it or not we're all in the same battle here.
Nah...
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3226
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Re: Unite CMA ballot Results

Post by Acca Dacca »

You wouldnt be paid for that day so it cant go down as sickness as sickness is paid until a certain point.

I believe, and I could be wrong, you would be marked down on the system the same as those who are striking the same as if you were participating yourself which you technically are by not crossing the picket - unpaid *industrial action

I am almost certain there will be no management strikes to worry about making that decision
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
30+YEARMAN
Posts: 253
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
Gender: Male

Re: Unite CMA ballot Results

Post by 30+YEARMAN »

In all the strikes I have supported over the years I have never known the managers to support us or never cross a picket line,so I say bo..ocks to them. :cuppa
postieblueshirt
Posts: 1241
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
Gender: Male

Re: Unite CMA ballot Results

Post by postieblueshirt »

I hear this a lot but can anyone tell me why as an employee of a private company that I need public support for my strike action? Everytime there's talk of strike there's mention of public support why who cares what the public think...
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Unite CMA ballot Results

Post by SpacePhoenix »

kingeric wrote: ↑
03 Jul 2022, 17:29
My DOM has said they could be moved anywhere in the country
I started with RM in the early 2000s and without digging my contract out to look, I think there's a bit about potentially working at any RM office anywhere
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16709
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Unite CMA ballot Results

Post by clashcityrocker »

postieblueshirt wrote: ↑
03 Jul 2022, 21:40
I hear this a lot but can anyone tell me why as an employee of a private company that I need public support for my strike action?
Because we live and work in communities.

What do you think life would be like in your household if your partner and/or children didn't support your actions?
It's a bit like that.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.