Haven't they all had pay rises in the £K's whilst doing a similar role they've always done, not sure what we're supposed to be supporting? Although with a bit of luck they'll strike at the same time as us and really cause RM big issues if DO's have to shut for 2 days or more each time we do on strike.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Unite CMA ballot Results
-
TopperGas
- Posts: 3523
- Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Unite CMA ballot Results
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3226
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Unite CMA ballot Results
Same month yes but would be silly to strike same days as usTopperGas wrote: ↑30 Jun 2022, 20:21Haven't they all had pay rises in the £K's whilst doing a similar role they've always done, not sure what we're supposed to be supporting? Although with a bit of luck they'll strike at the same time as us and really cause RM big issues if DO's have to shut for 2 days or more each time we do on strike.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Unite CMA ballot Results
If they teamed u with the CWU, you could have:
Collections -> Logistics -> MC Processing -> MC Distribution -> DO Staff -> DO Mangers
I'm assuming that it was just the managers in DOs who were balloted
Collections -> Logistics -> MC Processing -> MC Distribution -> DO Staff -> DO Mangers
I'm assuming that it was just the managers in DOs who were balloted
-
POSTPERSON50
- Posts: 511
- Joined: 21 Oct 2021, 11:09
- Gender: Female
Re: Unite CMA ballot Results
Would somebody post a Unite CMA ballot paper example please?
I'd like to see the actual wording on the paper.
I'd like to see the actual wording on the paper.
-
POSTPERSON50
- Posts: 511
- Joined: 21 Oct 2021, 11:09
- Gender: Female
Re: Unite CMA ballot Results
Outside the gate:SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑29 Jun 2022, 19:30Nice bit of irony, we have no choice but to cross their picket lines, and they have to conduct code anyone who doesn't cross their picket lines
Postie: "I refuse to cross a picket line"
Manager: "Thanks for your support"
Postie: "OK, I'm going home, see you next week"
Manager: "This absence will count on your sick record..."
Postie: "But I'm already on a stage 2, and this absence will trigger a stage 3, will I be OK?"
Manager: "Thanks for your support".
-
Tman
- Posts: 4146
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Re: Unite CMA ballot Results
Then don't vote, of course. Nothing legitimate (in the voting context) of writing "f*ck off" across the slip unless bumping up the "spoilt papers" count is your aim, though "spoilt papers" isn't a viable candidate.clashcityrocker wrote: ↑29 Jun 2022, 21:08Spoiling your ballot paper is a legitimate means of voting.postieblueshirt wrote: ↑29 Jun 2022, 18:01and 22 spoiled this is management and they can't tick a box properly??
What do you do if you want to vote but aren't presented with an option you like?
The UK doesn't do the concept of "none of the above" when voting as voting isn't compulsory.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Unite CMA ballot Results
Sadly, this is bloody true it's depressing. I think the best way to not cross their picket line (not that they'll ever have one, the spineless lumps) is to have a nasty cold that day...POSTPERSON50 wrote: ↑01 Jul 2022, 08:05Outside the gate:SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑29 Jun 2022, 19:30Nice bit of irony, we have no choice but to cross their picket lines, and they have to conduct code anyone who doesn't cross their picket lines
Postie: "I refuse to cross a picket line"
Manager: "Thanks for your support"
Postie: "OK, I'm going home, see you next week"
Manager: "This absence will count on your sick record..."
Postie: "But I'm already on a stage 2, and this absence will trigger a stage 3, will I be OK?"
Manager: "Thanks for your support".
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
kingeric
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 13:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Unite CMA ballot Results
I believe their terms and conditions have been changed drastically.TopperGas wrote: ↑30 Jun 2022, 20:21Haven't they all had pay rises in the £K's whilst doing a similar role they've always done, not sure what we're supposed to be supporting? Although with a bit of luck they'll strike at the same time as us and really cause RM big issues if DO's have to shut for 2 days or more each time we do on strike.
We should know better than anyone that this isn't just about money.
How can we complain about the public potentially going against us and not looking at the whole picture when we look at the managers dispute as being one dimensional and purely being about money.
My DOM has said they could be moved anywhere in the country, have to work Sundays and Bank Holidays and can be forced to work overtime but only receive a day back for it and not be paid. There was more that I can't remember now but it's similar to what we are fighting.
Like it or not we're all in the same battle here. If one side wins something it is likely to help the other side. I'm closely watching the Sundays because the day I'm forced to work a Sunday is the day I leave.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16709
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Unite CMA ballot Results
How would refusing to cross a picket line count as a day on your sick record?crimson king wrote: ↑02 Jul 2022, 05:49Sadly, this is bloody true it's depressing. I think the best way to not cross their picket line (not that they'll ever have one, the spineless lumps) is to have a nasty cold that day...POSTPERSON50 wrote: ↑01 Jul 2022, 08:05Outside the gate:SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑29 Jun 2022, 19:30Nice bit of irony, we have no choice but to cross their picket lines, and they have to conduct code anyone who doesn't cross their picket lines
Postie: "I refuse to cross a picket line"
Manager: "Thanks for your support"
Postie: "OK, I'm going home, see you next week"
Manager: "This absence will count on your sick record..."
Postie: "But I'm already on a stage 2, and this absence will trigger a stage 3, will I be OK?"
Manager: "Thanks for your support".
Nonsense.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Unite CMA ballot Results
Nah...Like it or not we're all in the same battle here.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3226
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Unite CMA ballot Results
You wouldnt be paid for that day so it cant go down as sickness as sickness is paid until a certain point.
I believe, and I could be wrong, you would be marked down on the system the same as those who are striking the same as if you were participating yourself which you technically are by not crossing the picket - unpaid *industrial action
I am almost certain there will be no management strikes to worry about making that decision
I believe, and I could be wrong, you would be marked down on the system the same as those who are striking the same as if you were participating yourself which you technically are by not crossing the picket - unpaid *industrial action
I am almost certain there will be no management strikes to worry about making that decision
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
30+YEARMAN
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Unite CMA ballot Results
In all the strikes I have supported over the years I have never known the managers to support us or never cross a picket line,so I say bo..ocks to them. 
-
postieblueshirt
- Posts: 1241
- Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Unite CMA ballot Results
I hear this a lot but can anyone tell me why as an employee of a private company that I need public support for my strike action? Everytime there's talk of strike there's mention of public support why who cares what the public think...
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16709
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Unite CMA ballot Results
Because we live and work in communities.postieblueshirt wrote: ↑03 Jul 2022, 21:40I hear this a lot but can anyone tell me why as an employee of a private company that I need public support for my strike action?
What do you think life would be like in your household if your partner and/or children didn't support your actions?
It's a bit like that.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.