ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

When the queen dies

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Re: When the queen dies

Post by twoloops »

Rage24 wrote: ↑
01 Jun 2022, 12:30
If it happens while we are at work and we hear about it, can we go home?
Yes you just park up leave the PDA & van keys on dash, suppose you could also knock off for a few weeks/months with stress & anxiety, just say you can’t stop crying :dance
Startingover
Posts: 48
Joined: 06 Jun 2018, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: When the queen dies

Post by Startingover »

If by any chance you are a very close relation (your not Prince Andrew, are you?), you could claim compassionate leave, which is one week.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: When the queen dies

Post by Woody Guthrie »

Startingover wrote: ↑
01 Jun 2022, 19:43
If by any chance you are a very close relation (your not Prince Andrew, are you?), you could claim compassionate leave, which is one week.
Wouldn't you have to be arranging the funeral to get the full week?
Only dead fish follow the current
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: When the queen dies

Post by bustedflush »

A great thread to start in Platinum Jubilee week. You should know by now, you only get time off if YOU die and then your next of kin will get the Stage notification.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: When the queen dies

Post by aiden01 »

bustedflush wrote: ↑
01 Jun 2022, 21:40
A great thread to start in Platinum Jubilee week. You should know by now, you only get time off if YOU die and then your next of kin will get the Stage notification.
:nana :nana
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Re: When the queen dies

Post by twoloops »

If she doesn’t make it to midnight Simon says we are all in tomorrow & Friday
roadrunner bill
Posts: 472
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 09:03
Gender: Male

Re: When the queen dies

Post by roadrunner bill »

Rage24 wrote: ↑
01 Jun 2022, 12:30
How long will we get off? If it happens while we are at work and we hear about it, can we go home?
According to David icke, the queen is an alien reptile, who live hundreds of years.. :left: :left: :chuckle
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16709
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: When the queen dies

Post by clashcityrocker »

I am hoping when the queen dies, the people will realise what a stupid anachronistic institution the monarchy is and we can get on with becoming a republic.
I hope we don't have a repeat of the weeks of mass hysteria that followed Diana's death.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
grchpo
Posts: 488
Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
Gender: Male

Re: When the queen dies

Post by grchpo »

clashcityrocker wrote: ↑
02 Jun 2022, 06:57
I am hoping when the queen dies, the people will realise what a stupid anachronistic institution the monarchy is and we can get on with becoming a republic.
I hope we don't have a repeat of the weeks of mass hysteria that followed Diana's death.
I'm assuming you won't accept Thursday & Friday off & will go to work as you're so against the queen
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16709
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: When the queen dies

Post by clashcityrocker »

grchpo wrote: ↑
02 Jun 2022, 08:32


I'm assuming you won't accept Thursday & Friday off & will go to work as you're so against the queen
I'm against the institution of the monarchy.
If it had been a choice I would have chosen to work rather than celebrate her jubilee.
I'm not sure what I would do at work on my own in the car park.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Re: When the queen dies

Post by rambo1 »

clashcityrocker wrote: ↑
02 Jun 2022, 09:09
grchpo wrote: ↑
02 Jun 2022, 08:32


I'm assuming you won't accept Thursday & Friday off & will go to work as you're so against the queen
I'm against the institution of the monarchy.
If it had been a choice I would have chosen to work rather than celebrate her jubilee.
I'm not sure what I would do at work on my own in the car park.
Maybe sing the national anthem.
priority102
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 520
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:57
Gender: Female

Re: When the queen dies

Post by priority102 »

Rage24 wrote: ↑
01 Jun 2022, 12:30
How long will we get off? If it happens while we are at work and we hear about it, can we go home?
Unbelievable. No other comment needed.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: When the queen dies

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

clashcityrocker wrote: ↑
02 Jun 2022, 09:09
grchpo wrote: ↑
02 Jun 2022, 08:32


I'm assuming you won't accept Thursday & Friday off & will go to work as you're so against the queen
I'm against the institution of the monarchy.
If it had been a choice I would have chosen to work rather than celebrate her jubilee.
I'm not sure what I would do at work on my own in the car park.
Oh, so your depot weren't begged for volunteers to come in today or tomorrow, in anticipation of chaos on Saturday? :hmmmm
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16709
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: When the queen dies

Post by clashcityrocker »

rambo1 wrote: ↑
02 Jun 2022, 09:28


Maybe sing the national anthem.
Maybe I could find some true Royalists and we could sing all 6 verses?

I don't believe in Father Christmas but I don't go to work on his birthday either.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
grchpo
Posts: 488
Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
Gender: Male

Re: When the queen dies

Post by grchpo »

When is Father Christmas birthday ?????