Yes you just park up leave the PDA & van keys on dash, suppose you could also knock off for a few weeks/months with stress & anxiety, just say you can’t stop crying
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
When the queen dies
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
-
Startingover
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 06 Jun 2018, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: When the queen dies
If by any chance you are a very close relation (your not Prince Andrew, are you?), you could claim compassionate leave, which is one week.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Re: When the queen dies
Wouldn't you have to be arranging the funeral to get the full week?Startingover wrote: ↑01 Jun 2022, 19:43If by any chance you are a very close relation (your not Prince Andrew, are you?), you could claim compassionate leave, which is one week.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: When the queen dies
A great thread to start in Platinum Jubilee week. You should know by now, you only get time off if YOU die and then your next of kin will get the Stage notification.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: When the queen dies
bustedflush wrote: ↑01 Jun 2022, 21:40A great thread to start in Platinum Jubilee week. You should know by now, you only get time off if YOU die and then your next of kin will get the Stage notification.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Re: When the queen dies
If she doesn’t make it to midnight Simon says we are all in tomorrow & Friday
-
roadrunner bill
- Posts: 472
- Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 09:03
- Gender: Male
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16709
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: When the queen dies
I am hoping when the queen dies, the people will realise what a stupid anachronistic institution the monarchy is and we can get on with becoming a republic.
I hope we don't have a repeat of the weeks of mass hysteria that followed Diana's death.
I hope we don't have a repeat of the weeks of mass hysteria that followed Diana's death.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
grchpo
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
- Gender: Male
Re: When the queen dies
I'm assuming you won't accept Thursday & Friday off & will go to work as you're so against the queenclashcityrocker wrote: ↑02 Jun 2022, 06:57I am hoping when the queen dies, the people will realise what a stupid anachronistic institution the monarchy is and we can get on with becoming a republic.
I hope we don't have a repeat of the weeks of mass hysteria that followed Diana's death.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16709
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: When the queen dies
I'm against the institution of the monarchy.
If it had been a choice I would have chosen to work rather than celebrate her jubilee.
I'm not sure what I would do at work on my own in the car park.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: When the queen dies
Maybe sing the national anthem.clashcityrocker wrote: ↑02 Jun 2022, 09:09I'm against the institution of the monarchy.
If it had been a choice I would have chosen to work rather than celebrate her jubilee.
I'm not sure what I would do at work on my own in the car park.
-
priority102
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 520
- Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:57
- Gender: Female
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: When the queen dies
Oh, so your depot weren't begged for volunteers to come in today or tomorrow, in anticipation of chaos on Saturday?clashcityrocker wrote: ↑02 Jun 2022, 09:09I'm against the institution of the monarchy.
If it had been a choice I would have chosen to work rather than celebrate her jubilee.
I'm not sure what I would do at work on my own in the car park.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16709
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: When the queen dies
Maybe I could find some true Royalists and we could sing all 6 verses?
I don't believe in Father Christmas but I don't go to work on his birthday either.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
grchpo
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
- Gender: Male
Re: When the queen dies
When is Father Christmas birthday ?????