it is also undermining the basic rate. if they can do 'overtime' for less money than basic then we'll pay less on the actual basic pay will be their reasoning.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
overtime rate
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime rate
-
mjd24
- Posts: 1409
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48
Re: overtime rate
Where have i said i am?aiden01 wrote: ↑27 Feb 2022, 10:48Where have i said it is'nt?.an why are you running around.mjd24 wrote: ↑27 Feb 2022, 09:56So doing 2 deliveries in a day and literally running around for 6-8 hours covering a distance of maybe 20 miles+ isnt earning every penny?
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime rate
It's not the tax taken that Aiden refers to - it's the fact that the 1st 10hrs rate is lower than your basic pay and the delivery supplement.norm wrote: ↑26 Feb 2022, 21:55Take a pay cut by working overtime? I doubt understand your rationale.
Are you one of these people who say they don't work OT because it's not "worth it" because the extra they made went on tax, failing to understand irrespective of how much you work below the higher tax threshold you get taxed the same.
If you're PT and in the RMDCP anything above 37hrs is not pensionable either (not sure about the other current pension),
so it's a bit more of a 21p per hour less than normal rate. RM save a fortune this way.
-
Bump20
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 04 Mar 2021, 12:15
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime rate
Your not wrong it's a joke
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime rate
Yeah and show me a docket sheet where said person claiming extended noted the time to the minute. Most sensible people round up to the nearest 5 minutes or quarter of an hour. So there we go they've made up for the shortfall for the "reduced" OT rate.rambo1 wrote: ↑26 Feb 2022, 22:09That's utter rubbish! Do you not think people go over on a regular basis because their duty is too big? Not all overtime is negotiated ghost overtime you know!
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime rate
If you work overtime you are not getting a paycut. It's the agreed rate.yellowbelly wrote: ↑27 Feb 2022, 15:06It's not the tax taken that Aiden refers to - it's the fact that the 1st 10hrs rate is lower than your basic pay and the delivery supplement.norm wrote: ↑26 Feb 2022, 21:55Take a pay cut by working overtime? I doubt understand your rationale.
Are you one of these people who say they don't work OT because it's not "worth it" because the extra they made went on tax, failing to understand irrespective of how much you work below the higher tax threshold you get taxed the same.
If you're PT and in the RMDCP anything above 37hrs is not pensionable either (not sure about the other current pension),
so it's a bit more of a 21p per hour less than normal rate. RM save a fortune this way.
Nobody is forcing you to do it. If don't agree with overtime pay rate don't do it and get a second job elsewhere paying better. Good luck.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime rate
mjd24 wrote: ↑27 Feb 2022, 09:56So doing 2 deliveries in a day and literally running around for 6-8 hours covering a distance of maybe 20 miles+ isnt earning every penny?
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime rate
If you're only getting paid for 6-8 hrs of course not. If you are getting paid more than 8 hrs then yes you are getting paid more hrs than you are working. Maybe if you didn't run.......rambo1 wrote: ↑28 Feb 2022, 15:05mjd24 wrote: ↑27 Feb 2022, 09:56So doing 2 deliveries in a day and literally running around for 6-8 hours covering a distance of maybe 20 miles+ isnt earning every penny?
-
Kenfandango
- Posts: 694
- Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime rate
I've noticed (as a part timer) that if I come in at scheduled time to an unprepped frame and end up going over, I'm on the lower rate. Come in early and I'm on "first ten hours." Some weeks I'll have 2.5 hours on the high rate, and 7/8 on the lower because I'd gone over my time instead of coming in early. Is this how it's meant to work?
To clarify, I always put my name down for early starts, and occasionally just get ignored then thrown on a frame which has had minimal prep. If I go over on those days, I've done the same as a full timer only from (for example) 8-3.30 instead of 7-2.30. Why am I being financially penalised for digging the managers out of their own mess?
And yes I know "work your time and go home" but the Mrs lost her job and I need all the help I can get!
To clarify, I always put my name down for early starts, and occasionally just get ignored then thrown on a frame which has had minimal prep. If I go over on those days, I've done the same as a full timer only from (for example) 8-3.30 instead of 7-2.30. Why am I being financially penalised for digging the managers out of their own mess?
And yes I know "work your time and go home" but the Mrs lost her job and I need all the help I can get!
-
blacov
- Posts: 397
- Joined: 12 May 2019, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime rate
If you are a part time it doesn't matter what time you start doing your regular OT up to full time hours in your office you should be paying full rate + allowances. Next 10hours is I believe £12.15-12.20 and then it drops further down, as far as I remember it works out to be about £0.1958 per minute. If you look closely your overtime is paid to the minute. Another thing is S/A overtime, that is slightly higher rate and is paid regardless of how many regular overtime you did in the same week. Have a look at your payslip properly and count the hours again and bring it up to a manager or a union rep.Kenfandango wrote: ↑28 Feb 2022, 15:39I've noticed (as a part timer) that if I come in at scheduled time to an unprepped frame and end up going over, I'm on the lower rate. Come in early and I'm on "first ten hours." Some weeks I'll have 2.5 hours on the high rate, and 7/8 on the lower because I'd gone over my time instead of coming in early. Is this how it's meant to work?
To clarify, I always put my name down for early starts, and occasionally just get ignored then thrown on a frame which has had minimal prep. If I go over on those days, I've done the same as a full timer only from (for example) 8-3.30 instead of 7-2.30. Why am I being financially penalised for digging the managers out of their own mess?
And yes I know "work your time and go home" but the Mrs lost her job and I need all the help I can get!
-
Kenfandango
- Posts: 694
- Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime rate
Cheers, I'll bring it up tomorrow as I've just checked and weeks I've done every early shift I get it all, and weeks I've not been called in I've had the lower rate for going over
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Re: overtime rate
Part timer's overtime for the hours from contracted to full time should be paid at either "SSPR" or "SA @SSPR" (both rates are the same per hour) and is the standard hourly rate plus all supplements. This means a part timer doing full times hour is paid the same as a full timer on the same pay rate (on length of service).
Beyond that should be at the "1st 10 hours" rate and is a bit more than the standard hourly rate but without any supplements so is less per hour than above. The last time I worked it out, it was about 12p per hour more than the standard rate.
Beyond that the over 10 hour rate (or whatever it is called) is below the standard hourly rate.
Beyond that should be at the "1st 10 hours" rate and is a bit more than the standard hourly rate but without any supplements so is less per hour than above. The last time I worked it out, it was about 12p per hour more than the standard rate.
Beyond that the over 10 hour rate (or whatever it is called) is below the standard hourly rate.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime rate
Didn't say it was pay cut at all and nobody had brought tax into the discussion until you mentioned it, bit of a mootnorm wrote: ↑27 Feb 2022, 17:46If you work overtime you are not getting a paycut. It's the agreed rate.yellowbelly wrote: ↑27 Feb 2022, 15:06It's not the tax taken that Aiden refers to - it's the fact that the 1st 10hrs rate is lower than your basic pay and the delivery supplement.norm wrote: ↑26 Feb 2022, 21:55Take a pay cut by working overtime? I doubt understand your rationale.
Are you one of these people who say they don't work OT because it's not "worth it" because the extra they made went on tax, failing to understand irrespective of how much you work below the higher tax threshold you get taxed the same.
If you're PT and in the RMDCP anything above 37hrs is not pensionable either (not sure about the other current pension),
so it's a bit more of a 21p per hour less than normal rate. RM save a fortune this way.
Nobody is forcing you to do it. If don't agree with overtime pay rate don't do it and get a second job elsewhere paying better. Good luck.
point in the context of the post. Best wishes to you too friend.
-
mjd24
- Posts: 1409
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48
Re: overtime rate
So if one were to drag out one delivery and finish 6 hours past their official finish time, then youre saying theyve earned the 6 hours overtimerambo1 wrote: ↑28 Feb 2022, 15:07If you're only getting paid for 6-8 hrs of course not. If you are getting paid more than 8 hrs then yes you are getting paid more hrs than you are working. Maybe if you didn't run.......rambo1 wrote: ↑28 Feb 2022, 15:05mjd24 wrote: ↑27 Feb 2022, 09:56So doing 2 deliveries in a day and literally running around for 6-8 hours covering a distance of maybe 20 miles+ isnt earning every penny?
but someone doing two deliveries and getting paid 6 hours overtime and finishing maybe 1 hour past their official finish time is not earning it?
The second person has done twice as much work no?
-
jessicarabbit
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 19:57
- Gender: Female
Re: overtime rate
If you can do 2 of your deliveries and only go 1 hour overtime then you are giving managers all the ammunition they need via PDA actuals that those deliveries are too small. If you are 100% sure that all the deliveries across the country are exactly the same span with the exact same amount of mail then you are welcome to do as many deliveries in a day as you like and negotiate your own pay for doing it. Until that day you are comparing apples with pears.