redspartapost wrote:when filling out p739 i try to think of callers office staff as well ,if it is an amazon packet then say so on card or red box with pink ribbon .this makes it so much easier for them to locate the packet quicker
FFS!!! better still why not take a pic of it on your camera phone and staple it to the 739??
well why wouldnt you do that? not your facetious camera comment but fully filling out a P739?
Changed the comment lol. I always fill out the required sections on all 739's as they are meant to be filled out. But people on here drawing pics and writing what colour they are and stating what colour ribbons they are wrapped in is abit extreme dont you think?
Come on - no one would write - "its a Pink card with a red ribbon wrapped round it and it has a smiler stamp as well"
"Pink Card" - would do or "Red Ribbon" basically any 2 word or short description helps out the callers staff.
Today I did it on 3 Form lefts - All recorded - I described them as
A4 Brown
Thin White
Pink
Does not take long does it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
we went thru a spate of bad P739 in our DO when some bright spark had the idea of having a board up for the good ones and a board for the bad ones. Some took exception to this and saw it as bullying (even tho the bad P739 were completed so badly you had no chance of reading the iD number) so it was stopped. I was shocked at how bad some of them were. We are still getting it rammed down our throats in WTL, why the offenders can't be taken to task for 'councelling' or 'tuition' is beyond me. Altho sometimes i feel if you put too much detail callers think you're taking the p..........
smelly_cat_lady wrote:Quite fancy a turn in the callers myself............tomorrow would be good, don't suppose it will be 30 degrees in blazing sun in there
Don't ever, and I mean ever, do a Saturday in the "Room of Doom" it has to be the busiest day, at least in my DO. The posties are in rush to give you the call and collects, collect their Box Nos, the customers just keep on coming from when you open the door as Saturday is when most people have the time to spare.
I think our average queuing time even with 2 or 3 in there is around 30 minutes on a Saturday (5 at worst rest of week). When you come to closing time people are still joining the queue and if you lock them in at closing time, when you open the door to let them out there is usually someone begging to be let in, or offering violence (in one case ) I hate the RoD with a passion and rarely go in there now.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
smelly_cat_lady wrote:Quite fancy a turn in the callers myself............tomorrow would be good, don't suppose it will be 30 degrees in blazing sun in there
Don't ever, and I mean ever, do a Saturday in the "Room of Doom" it has to be the busiest day, at least in my DO. The posties are in rush to give you the call and collects, collect their Box Nos, the customers just keep on coming from when you open the door as Saturday is when most people have the time to spare.
I think our average queuing time even with 2 or 3 in there is around 30 minutes on a Saturday (5 at worst rest of week). When you come to closing time people are still joining the queue and if you lock them in at closing time, when you open the door to let them out there is usually someone begging to be let in, or offering violence (in one case ) I hate the RoD with a passion and rarely go in there now.
pfft our line goes down the car park every Saturday
busy is fine,busy and not having the packet back is another matter altogether
smelly_cat_lady wrote:Quite fancy a turn in the callers myself............tomorrow would be good, don't suppose it will be 30 degrees in blazing sun in there
Don't ever, and I mean ever, do a Saturday in the "Room of Doom" it has to be the busiest day, at least in my DO. The posties are in rush to give you the call and collects, collect their Box Nos, the customers just keep on coming from when you open the door as Saturday is when most people have the time to spare.
I think our average queuing time even with 2 or 3 in there is around 30 minutes on a Saturday (5 at worst rest of week). When you come to closing time people are still joining the queue and if you lock them in at closing time, when you open the door to let them out there is usually someone begging to be let in, or offering violence (in one case ) I hate the RoD with a passion and rarely go in there now.
I concur!! Saturday is hell in the room of doom...
I resigned as RLE reserve in my old office because I was fed up of the abuse from customers and staff.
Date, name, rounded off time eg 9 10 11 12, house number & postcode, 2 ticks & it’s going back to the office, I’ve never been asked or spoken to for not putting that long barcode number on
Date, name, rounded off time eg 9 10 11 12, house number & postcode, 2 ticks & it’s going back to the office, I’ve never been asked or spoken to for not putting that long barcode number on
Surely though the customer would need that to rebook a delivery online?
Date, name, rounded off time eg 9 10 11 12, house number & postcode, 2 ticks & it’s going back to the office, I’ve never been asked or spoken to for not putting that long barcode number on
Surely though the customer would need that to rebook a delivery online?
It helps but not compulsory, eg a lot of parcels/packets are just 'Other' and don't have a barcode number,
large thick letters that don't fit in the wall mounted box, they can still be booked for redelivery.
Date, name, rounded off time eg 9 10 11 12, house number & postcode, 2 ticks & it’s going back to the office, I’ve never been asked or spoken to for not putting that long barcode number on
Surely though the customer would need that to rebook a delivery online?
It helps but not compulsory, eg a lot of parcels/packets are just 'Other' and don't have a barcode number,
large thick letters that don't fit in the wall mounted box, they can still be booked for redelivery.
In the next couple of years most parcels will have barcodes on them. The new payment labels have got barcodes on them, even seen a few on SDs when I've worked in our SD locker