ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New uniform
-
jaylime
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
- Gender: Male
New uniform
Anyone know when it's being rolled out....my arse is hanging out of my trousers and everything else is to small or to big.......the gloves are OK.
-
HairyHobbit
- Posts: 114
- Joined: 29 Aug 2021, 10:26
- Gender: Male
Re: New uniform
You got gloves???
-
Frankie15
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 17 Oct 2019, 16:48
- Gender: Male
Re: New uniform
I've got a pair of mittens but they fit me like a glove!!!
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Re: New uniform
Our Dom tells us they’ve gone out the way to make us look right plonkers out on the street, like some type of superhero tight pants & bright red tops 
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: New uniform
To All Delivery Colleagues - there are 4 weeks remaining for you to place your new uniform order : Extended until December 31 2021We plan to start shipping orders out from March 2022.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
qwerty2
- Posts: 2120
- Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 00:42
- Gender: Male
Re: New uniform
You can still order the old uniform if you need it
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: New uniform
i hope it's a more practical uniform than currently, i preferred the old thermal jacket we had in the 1990s, the staff also need much better footwear (and more regular) getting new shoes every 6 months is ok if you're a van driver, not so good if your pounding the street, some of the shoes we've had to wear over the years have been brutally uncomfortable and the fleece jackets are only suitable for autumn/spring
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
Beancounter
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 14 Oct 2017, 18:10
- Gender: Male
Re: New uniform
I’m certainly not wearing one of the garbage they re giving us for the waist down. As a fat git it won’t be a good look so wearing my own stuff.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: New uniform
Although I do have the body of a Greek GodBeancounter wrote: ↑04 Jan 2022, 16:10I’m certainly not wearing one of the garbage they re giving us for the waist down. As a fat git it won’t be a good lookso wearing my own stuff.
Although thought I might keep them as Jim Jams?
Last edited by Dorset Plodder on 04 Jan 2022, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Re: New uniform
From Simples New Year Message “in particular, I look forward to seeing everyone in new uniforms, you won't be able to miss our bright red color on the streets in twenty twenty-two“
makes you wonder why you had to order everything, I can see this new uniform roll out being a big press & social media publicity stunt 
-
Adison
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 02 Oct 2021, 13:46
- Gender: Female
Re: New uniform
I’m waiting on a substitute storm jacket…
Any idea what this is?
Any idea what this is?
-
Clappedoutpostie
- Posts: 1264
- Joined: 05 Nov 2021, 21:46
- Gender: Male
Re: New uniform
The new one style, they were sending out some cheap nasty stuff across the range that was obviously only for the period between ranges. Now they are sending out the new stuff for replacements, they look a snug fitting though.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: New uniform
In 22 years I have never worn trousers or long sleeved shirts, shorts and short sleeved shirts all weathers I wear.
I dont wear Polo shirts or those rediculous tights either but you have to order the lot ..........WHY what a waste of money
I dont wear Polo shirts or those rediculous tights either but you have to order the lot ..........WHY what a waste of money
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: New uniform
Huddersfield is a trial site. Your DOM is wrong.
you get, from memory. 3 Normal pairs of trousers, they are black and are actually quite comfortable to wear 2 side pockets, I back pocket and 2 mid pockets. I actually like them. One storm trousers which looks just like the normal ones.
What your dom saw is the 2 black thin trousers which can be worn in winter as an extra layer, some wear them under shorts for warmth. Not so enamoured with them, but they are warm.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: New uniform
I find it better than the old style. Sleeveless body warmer with plenty of outside pockets. Shoes seem fairly good, wear in quickly but a little uncomfortable at the start.Godric wrote: ↑04 Jan 2022, 15:00i hope it's a more practical uniform than currently, i preferred the old thermal jacket we had in the 1990s, the staff also need much better footwear (and more regular) getting new shoes every 6 months is ok if you're a van driver, not so good if your pounding the street, some of the shoes we've had to wear over the years have been brutally uncomfortable and the fleece jackets are only suitable for autumn/spring
All of the uniforms have reflective piping to make you stand out in poor light, and are luminous as well.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.