ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New uniform

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jaylime
Posts: 331
Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
Gender: Male

New uniform

Post by jaylime »

Anyone know when it's being rolled out....my arse is hanging out of my trousers and everything else is to small or to big.......the gloves are OK.
HairyHobbit
Posts: 114
Joined: 29 Aug 2021, 10:26
Gender: Male

Re: New uniform

Post by HairyHobbit »

You got gloves???
Frankie15
Posts: 200
Joined: 17 Oct 2019, 16:48
Gender: Male

Re: New uniform

Post by Frankie15 »

I've got a pair of mittens but they fit me like a glove!!!
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Re: New uniform

Post by twoloops »

Our Dom tells us they’ve gone out the way to make us look right plonkers out on the street, like some type of superhero tight pants & bright red tops :left:
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: New uniform

Post by POSTMAN »

I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
qwerty2
Posts: 2120
Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 00:42
Gender: Male

Re: New uniform

Post by qwerty2 »

You can still order the old uniform if you need it
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: New uniform

Post by Godric »

i hope it's a more practical uniform than currently, i preferred the old thermal jacket we had in the 1990s, the staff also need much better footwear (and more regular) getting new shoes every 6 months is ok if you're a van driver, not so good if your pounding the street, some of the shoes we've had to wear over the years have been brutally uncomfortable and the fleece jackets are only suitable for autumn/spring
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
Beancounter
Posts: 60
Joined: 14 Oct 2017, 18:10
Gender: Male

Re: New uniform

Post by Beancounter »

twoloops wrote: ↑
03 Jan 2022, 20:09
Our Dom tells us they’ve gone out the way to make us look right plonkers out on the street, like some type of superhero tight pants & bright red tops :left:
I’m certainly not wearing one of the garbage they re giving us for the waist down. As a fat git it won’t be a good look so wearing my own stuff.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: New uniform

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Beancounter wrote: ↑
04 Jan 2022, 16:10
twoloops wrote: ↑
03 Jan 2022, 20:09
Our Dom tells us they’ve gone out the way to make us look right plonkers out on the street, like some type of superhero tight pants & bright red tops :left:
I’m certainly not wearing one of the garbage they re giving us for the waist down. As a fat git it won’t be a good look :left: so wearing my own stuff.
Although I do have the body of a Greek God :whistle I'll be joining you in the Lycra Boycott Beancounter. :thumbup

Although thought I might keep them as Jim Jams? :cuppa
Last edited by Dorset Plodder on 04 Jan 2022, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Re: New uniform

Post by twoloops »

From Simples New Year Message “in particular, I look forward to seeing everyone in new uniforms, you won't be able to miss our bright red color on the streets in twenty twenty-two“ :left: makes you wonder why you had to order everything, I can see this new uniform roll out being a big press & social media publicity stunt :thumbdown
Adison
Posts: 33
Joined: 02 Oct 2021, 13:46
Gender: Female

Re: New uniform

Post by Adison »

I’m waiting on a substitute storm jacket…

Any idea what this is?
Clappedoutpostie
Posts: 1264
Joined: 05 Nov 2021, 21:46
Gender: Male

Re: New uniform

Post by Clappedoutpostie »

Adison wrote: ↑
04 Jan 2022, 21:24
I’m waiting on a substitute storm jacket…

Any idea what this is?
The new one style, they were sending out some cheap nasty stuff across the range that was obviously only for the period between ranges. Now they are sending out the new stuff for replacements, they look a snug fitting though.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: New uniform

Post by eastie »

In 22 years I have never worn trousers or long sleeved shirts, shorts and short sleeved shirts all weathers I wear.
I dont wear Polo shirts or those rediculous tights either but you have to order the lot ..........WHY what a waste of money
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72754
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: New uniform

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

twoloops wrote: ↑
03 Jan 2022, 20:09
Our Dom tells us they’ve gone out the way to make us look right plonkers out on the street, like some type of superhero tight pants & bright red tops :left:
Huddersfield is a trial site. Your DOM is wrong.

you get, from memory. 3 Normal pairs of trousers, they are black and are actually quite comfortable to wear 2 side pockets, I back pocket and 2 mid pockets. I actually like them. One storm trousers which looks just like the normal ones.

What your dom saw is the 2 black thin trousers which can be worn in winter as an extra layer, some wear them under shorts for warmth. Not so enamoured with them, but they are warm.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72754
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: New uniform

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Godric wrote: ↑
04 Jan 2022, 15:00
i hope it's a more practical uniform than currently, i preferred the old thermal jacket we had in the 1990s, the staff also need much better footwear (and more regular) getting new shoes every 6 months is ok if you're a van driver, not so good if your pounding the street, some of the shoes we've had to wear over the years have been brutally uncomfortable and the fleece jackets are only suitable for autumn/spring
I find it better than the old style. Sleeveless body warmer with plenty of outside pockets. Shoes seem fairly good, wear in quickly but a little uncomfortable at the start.

All of the uniforms have reflective piping to make you stand out in poor light, and are luminous as well.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.