ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas tips
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
You guys need to get with the times, as cash is being phased you’ll need to carry a contactless card machine from now on, or perhaps they could onto the pda 
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
Correct, I covered a round for 4 months while the duty holder was off, later at Christmas he bragged about how much money/wine/chocolates he’d got. When I said to him I’m always happy to have a single box of choccies, you know, for covering his round for a third of the year he said ‘no, it’s not your round.’
It’s not an issue, I won’t feel guilty come March 2022 when I don’t do any OT at all and he’s left to pick up the mess after his day off.
I’ve been given one tip this year from a guy who’s round I cover occasionally, a box of biscuits, which I’ve given to our cleaner who as far as I’m aware doesn’t receive any kind of bonus.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
SillyBilly
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 17 Jan 2019, 16:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
You mean all the people that dont go out in all weathers ,and are not in the firing line ?postpersondorset wrote: ↑19 Dec 2021, 08:06lucky you might get tips ,hope you share them with your :
distribution drivers ,who bring you all your mail
mail centre staff ,who have processed it all for you
collection staff ,who collected it
warehouse and hub staff and all the others who keep the work flowing
have a great Xmas every one
-
qwerty2
- Posts: 2120
- Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 00:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
Had about £175 so far…
-
thefox
- Posts: 1197
- Joined: 24 Aug 2010, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
90 quid so far, duty not covered on day off so dont feel the need to share with reserve/floater happy days
-
Foxel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 514
- Joined: 04 Oct 2021, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
Float between different rounds across different depos so... not a sausage.
I'm turning purple!
-
claretandblue
- Posts: 914
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14
Re: Christmas tips
Best year so far, £110 from 7 people, been on my round 9 years.
-
WalkerX
- Posts: 432
- Joined: 20 Feb 2021, 22:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
I`m a reserve so I`ll get nada I expect (although I was given half a bacon sandwich this morning) 
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Re: Christmas tips
Why do I bother or feel obliged to tip a waitress who serves me for 2 minutes when all ruddy year I deliver to the same people, some who have parcels daily, and I never get a penny from them.
Just one £10 tip so far and it's the 22nd tomorrow.
Just one £10 tip so far and it's the 22nd tomorrow.
-
Racingpostie
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 23 Jun 2021, 15:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
Regular partner off so doing the double all week and Friday is my day off, needless to say a game of no tip=739 cards and pick up xmas eve lotto could be fun
(Jkz for you snowflakes)
(Jkz for you snowflakes)
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
Nowt for the umpteenth year running but I'll be tipping my postie tomorrow so I'll actually be in the red 
Last edited by Sir Henry on 21 Dec 2021, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Re: Christmas tips
Got a box of 6 jam tarts, tasted a bit damp, they where dated March 2021 
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
They weren't tracked and so were only probably delivered yesterday.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
theelegend701
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 04 Oct 2016, 13:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
35 quid so far off 4 peeps best year yet by a tenner will be goin sick tommo feel horrendous 
-
hawkeye622
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 21:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
Not a single penny 