ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Christmas tips

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by Jpro747 »

You guys need to get with the times, as cash is being phased you’ll need to carry a contactless card machine from now on, or perhaps they could onto the pda :hmmmm
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1507
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by HTPostman »

blacov wrote: ↑
19 Dec 2021, 08:44
Most people don’t share their tips with their reserve cover.
Correct, I covered a round for 4 months while the duty holder was off, later at Christmas he bragged about how much money/wine/chocolates he’d got. When I said to him I’m always happy to have a single box of choccies, you know, for covering his round for a third of the year he said ‘no, it’s not your round.’

It’s not an issue, I won’t feel guilty come March 2022 when I don’t do any OT at all and he’s left to pick up the mess after his day off.

I’ve been given one tip this year from a guy who’s round I cover occasionally, a box of biscuits, which I’ve given to our cleaner who as far as I’m aware doesn’t receive any kind of bonus.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
SillyBilly
Posts: 47
Joined: 17 Jan 2019, 16:47
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by SillyBilly »

postpersondorset wrote: ↑
19 Dec 2021, 08:06
lucky you might get tips ,hope you share them with your :
distribution drivers ,who bring you all your mail
mail centre staff ,who have processed it all for you
collection staff ,who collected it
warehouse and hub staff and all the others who keep the work flowing

have a great Xmas every one
You mean all the people that dont go out in all weathers ,and are not in the firing line ?
qwerty2
Posts: 2120
Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 00:42
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by qwerty2 »

Had about £175 so far…
thefox
Posts: 1197
Joined: 24 Aug 2010, 20:09
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by thefox »

90 quid so far, duty not covered on day off so dont feel the need to share with reserve/floater happy days😊
Foxel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 514
Joined: 04 Oct 2021, 21:20
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by Foxel »

Float between different rounds across different depos so... not a sausage.
I'm turning purple!
claretandblue
Posts: 914
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14

Re: Christmas tips

Post by claretandblue »

Best year so far, £110 from 7 people, been on my round 9 years.
WalkerX
Posts: 432
Joined: 20 Feb 2021, 22:31
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by WalkerX »

I`m a reserve so I`ll get nada I expect (although I was given half a bacon sandwich this morning) :Very Happy
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Re: Christmas tips

Post by norris9 »

Why do I bother or feel obliged to tip a waitress who serves me for 2 minutes when all ruddy year I deliver to the same people, some who have parcels daily, and I never get a penny from them.

Just one £10 tip so far and it's the 22nd tomorrow.
Racingpostie
Posts: 94
Joined: 23 Jun 2021, 15:49
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by Racingpostie »

Regular partner off so doing the double all week and Friday is my day off, needless to say a game of no tip=739 cards and pick up xmas eve lotto could be fun :hmmmm

(Jkz for you snowflakes)
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by Sir Henry »

Nowt for the umpteenth year running but I'll be tipping my postie tomorrow so I'll actually be in the red :wink:
Last edited by Sir Henry on 21 Dec 2021, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Re: Christmas tips

Post by twoloops »

Got a box of 6 jam tarts, tasted a bit damp, they where dated March 2021 :left:
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by Sir Henry »

They weren't tracked and so were only probably delivered yesterday.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
theelegend701
Posts: 41
Joined: 04 Oct 2016, 13:51
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by theelegend701 »

35 quid so far off 4 peeps best year yet by a tenner will be goin sick tommo feel horrendous 😢
hawkeye622
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 21:03
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by hawkeye622 »

Not a single penny :dance