ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Combo vans too low
-
Jmartindale130
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 06 Jul 2021, 16:48
- Gender: Male
Combo vans too low
I know this might sound stupid but, this is the second time I've had really bad groin pain while doing this job and I think it's from getting in and out of the combo vans, they're too low and once I start to get pain it doesn't go away for weeks
They should scrap all the combos and everybody should get a decent sized van
We can't even fit all of our parcels from our duty in the van, often have to go back to the DO to pick up the rest
Does anybody else have this issue or just me? I just don't want this injury to become a regular thing/get worse
They should scrap all the combos and everybody should get a decent sized van
We can't even fit all of our parcels from our duty in the van, often have to go back to the DO to pick up the rest
Does anybody else have this issue or just me? I just don't want this injury to become a regular thing/get worse
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Combo vans too low
Haven't driven one in a while, but I do remember them being a bit of a pain to climb out of. Try and park with your nearside to the kerb whenever you can (not always practical), as climbing out onto the kerb makes it worse. Failing that, leave a bit of a gap so you have more room to step down.
Last edited by ssdd on 17 Dec 2021, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Combo vans too low
This came up a little while back and I will say the same now as I did then.See Your Doctor.I had similar and thought it was groin strain and it is an inguinal hernia which has got worse and Im waiting for surgery now. Get checked out or have a google of its symptoms.
-
Bboingg
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 21 Jun 2017, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Combo vans too low
Same trouble.
push bottom forward , swing both legs out together, similar getting back in. Takes a bit longer but less strain.
push bottom forward , swing both legs out together, similar getting back in. Takes a bit longer but less strain.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Combo vans too low
I'm 6 foot and refuse to drive them. I had a knee cartilage issue a few yrs ago and no way am I getting up out if one of those vans.Jmartindale130 wrote: ↑17 Dec 2021, 19:48I know this might sound stupid but, this is the second time I've had really bad groin pain while doing this job and I think it's from getting in and out of the combo vans, they're too low and once I start to get pain it doesn't go away for weeks
They should scrap all the combos and everybody should get a decent sized van
We can't even fit all of our parcels from our duty in the van, often have to go back to the DO to pick up the rest
Does anybody else have this issue or just me? I just don't want this injury to become a regular thing/get worse
-
Jmartindale130
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 06 Jul 2021, 16:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Combo vans too low
Cheers guys, think I may have to have a trip to my local gp!
-
EdRush
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 19 Oct 2016, 20:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Combo vans too low
You won't have that trouble with the new fleet vans! Just stand straight up... coming October

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
postieblueshirt
- Posts: 1241
- Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Combo vans too low
Try being a short arse at 5ft5 the sun visor is up there laughing at me bloody useless the seat is to far down..
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4116
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Combo vans too low
They must surely disappear eventually, we've got a 58 reg still hanging on so 13 years old, how about re-investing in the business, perhaps a few posties might not go amiss either.
-
panzer4
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 173
- Joined: 25 Jul 2015, 10:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Combo vans too low
I had the same issue and ended up with a couple of inguinal hernias do see a doctor if it’s possible to SEE a doctor at the moment ,because surgery is the only cure.scoobydo79 wrote: ↑17 Dec 2021, 19:55This came up a little while back and I will say the same now as I did then.See Your Doctor.I had similar and thought it was groin strain and it is an inguinal hernia which has got worse and Im waiting for surgery now. Get checked out or have a google of its symptoms.
I ended up in A and E with a strangulated intestine so take care.
-
davyboy
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 29 Dec 2020, 18:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Combo vans too low
I USE ONE, TOTALLY TERRIBLE, SIT ON SOME BAGS TO MAKE IT BETTER
-
priority102
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 520
- Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:57
- Gender: Female
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Combo vans too low
Strangulated intestine?panzer4 wrote: ↑18 Dec 2021, 10:28I had the same issue and ended up with a couple of inguinal hernias do see a doctor if it’s possible to SEE a doctor at the moment ,because surgery is the only cure.scoobydo79 wrote: ↑17 Dec 2021, 19:55This came up a little while back and I will say the same now as I did then.See Your Doctor.I had similar and thought it was groin strain and it is an inguinal hernia which has got worse and Im waiting for surgery now. Get checked out or have a google of its symptoms.
I ended up in A and E with a strangulated intestine so take care.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Combo vans too low
At least the old combos had a bit of poke about them, compared with the asthmatic bippers.
-
wallop
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 251
- Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 07:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Combo vans too low
The one i drive is like a clown car bits just fall off,The doors fell off its hinges 3 times and the entire back bumper fell off the other week so our crack team of mechanics have riveted it back on,They've obviously moved on from using cable ties.