norris9 wrote: ↑28 Nov 2021, 08:20
Simon, mate....
It's common sense...
You are going down the route of.... lets under recruit and leave the staff to go over their time, clear double mail etc etc... do you not realise this destroys people mentally and physically?....................
Very Good Post Norris

I think you've expressed a view that most of us Posties can relate to

It's unfortunate that I doubt Simon will ever read it. If he did he'd assume it's from a miniority of disgruntled staff. Perhaps you should e-mail it to him?
I feel the majority of us are just running on empty now. It's a combination of having worked through Covid (perhaps with some sense of duty) and once we'd done that we thought there'd be some reward
( a DECENT ....SIGNIFICANT ....Cash Bonus), or at least a breather, but instead we've just had another increase in workload.
We're also coming into that time of year when everyone starts picking up colds & flu, which we're now more susceptable to because we're run down. RM have lost that good will that might have made us work through it in the past.
Add to that the
continuing shortages of staff (and the fact that Managers are too Dumb to nuture their New Recruits causing them to walk straight back out of the door

) and it's a perfect storm. We've now got the Christmas Pressure period picking up, with all the "Normal" BS ...... I'm amazed we've got anybody left in the building.
Merry Bloody Christmas ..... I'm sure Simon and his board members willl be enjoying a restful time with their families ....... while asking everyone else to work that little bit harder!
