Aye...today I'm going into one of my rotates where the duty holder is currently on week's leave. Only one side hs been going out each day and even that's been cut off.
As of yesterday afternoon there was one side left in, seven boxes of sequenced and IPS mail, five grey sacks of nontracked packets and half a York of untracked overweights. You can add to that whatever the poor new starter chucked onto it alone brought back yesterday.
Within the next three hours I'm going to have to negotiate with a manager who's never done a delivery in their life and will assume I'm a feckless, workshy peasant because I won't stay out with the foxes and vampires to make inroads into the backlog that they have so far this week content enough to mount up.
I know this will happen as similar scenarios already happened on my other two rotates this week.
It's like being trapped in some awful recurring nightmare at the moment....
