They are quoting section 2.7.7 of the agenda of growth "The level of part time Employees contracted hours will be reviewed by the Employer and the CWU locally on a six monthly basis.Where appropriate increased contracted hours will be offered to reflect the hours actually worked and planned"
They are making 16 people up based on this from doing prep in the last 6 months regardless of seniority , I keep getting the same answers from union about having to do prep in the last 6 months?
I can't find the stoke agreement and the union have never mentioned it to me.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Full time contracts
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3226
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Full time contracts
Yes but its the duty that gets the hours not the person doing the OTsumason wrote: ↑27 Oct 2021, 18:24They are quoting section 2.7.7 of the agenda of growth "The level of part time Employees contracted hours will be reviewed by the Employer and the CWU locally on a six monthly basis.Where appropriate increased contracted hours will be offered to reflect the hours actually worked and planned"
They are making 16 people up based on this from doing prep in the last 6 months regardless of seniority , I keep getting the same answers from union about having to do prep in the last 6 months?
I can't find the stoke agreement and the union have never mentioned it to me.
The duty is then given based on seniority
If the area rep is quoting that then go above him/her as they are at it
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
sumason
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 19 Aug 2011, 22:53
- Gender: Female
Re: Full time contracts
So for example
There’s about 20 part timers doing early prep etc and we all don’t have our own walk.
So what your saying it the office hours is based on duty’s and office prep not the individual?
There’s about 20 part timers doing early prep etc and we all don’t have our own walk.
So what your saying it the office hours is based on duty’s and office prep not the individual?
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3226
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Full time contracts
Yep
It means there is scope to make duties from PT to FT
Who gets those duties is done on seniority
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Full time contracts
It's in my previous post.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
estelle
- Posts: 194
- Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 10:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Full time contracts
Postman - thank you for providing the links, I couldn't remember which of the 9872 agreements it was contained within

-
theelegend701
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 04 Oct 2016, 13:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Full time contracts
If the most senior part timer is on a stage one will that affect him getting made full time if there are say 10 vacancies for full time made available? Does anyone no?
-
sumason
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 19 Aug 2011, 22:53
- Gender: Female
Re: Full time contracts
I spoke to the union today and they said again seniority does not count in the agenda to growth agreement .
1: To make someone up to full time they need to be doing full time hours as overtime.
(I am not doing early prep)
Now I can’t see anywhere where it states seniority comes first when making people up to full time.
I’m repeatedly getting told the same thing by area rep and general secretary.
I’m not sure what approach to take now.
1: To make someone up to full time they need to be doing full time hours as overtime.
(I am not doing early prep)
Now I can’t see anywhere where it states seniority comes first when making people up to full time.
I’m repeatedly getting told the same thing by area rep and general secretary.
I’m not sure what approach to take now.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Full time contracts
This is all a bit weird, as it's not right.sumason wrote: ↑28 Oct 2021, 13:28I spoke to the union today and they said again seniority does not count in the agenda to growth agreement .
1: To make someone up to full time they need to be doing full time hours as overtime.
(I am not doing early prep)
Now I can’t see anywhere where it states seniority comes first when making people up to full time.
I’m repeatedly getting told the same thing by area rep and general secretary.
I’m not sure what approach to take now.
How did the general secretary get involved, are you 100% he did get involved and it's not bull.
Next step is your DIV rep, after that it's PEC. I will PM you martin walsh's PEC member email address now.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Full time contracts
Stage means nothing.theelegend701 wrote: ↑28 Oct 2021, 11:00If the most senior part timer is on a stage one will that affect him getting made full time if there are say 10 vacancies for full time made available? Does anyone no?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
theelegend701
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 04 Oct 2016, 13:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Full time contracts
Cheers for answering mate 