ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Phoning in sick

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Phoning in sick

Post by Dindin »

Can you phone In a just say I've got mental health issues caused by the job?
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Phoning in sick

Post by Dindin »

I'll fitting d2d every week. Large flimsy item with miniature one etc
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Phoning in sick

Post by Dindin »

Would NHS 111 be any good has my doctor is garbage
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Phoning in sick

Post by greengiant »

Dindin wrote: ↑
17 Aug 2021, 18:19
Would NHS 111 be any good has my doctor is garbage
I suspect that nhs 24 will tell you to contact your gp.
If you feel you are in mental health crisis, perhaps phone the Samaritans?
You can phone in sick and self certify for 7 days without a doctors note.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Phoning in sick

Post by POSTMAN »

Dindin, I'll send you an appointment time, phone consultation only though.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
picture123
Posts: 121
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
Gender: Male

Re: Phoning in sick

Post by picture123 »

If you cite work related stress management will bring you in for a face to face so they can "remove" the stressors
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Phoning in sick

Post by Dindin »

POSTMAN wrote: ↑
17 Aug 2021, 21:03
Dindin, I'll send you an appointment time, phone consultation only though.
Cheers Postman
Nickvilla20
Posts: 789
Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
Gender: Male

Re: Phoning in sick

Post by Nickvilla20 »

I was signed off with stress six weeks ago. Soon as I sent my note in the DOM demand a face to face which went against Royal Mail own protocol. I get the impression when it comes to mental health they think you’re lying. I did contact first class help though who were very good but talk to your GP they can get you the help you need and don’t feel pressured by them to do anything.
Haditup
Posts: 195
Joined: 27 Nov 2020, 07:08
Gender: Male

Re: Phoning in sick

Post by Haditup »

picture123 wrote: ↑
17 Aug 2021, 21:06
If you cite work related stress management will bring you in for a face to face so they can "remove" the stressors
Yes picture is right, they will even stop pay if you do not cooperate causing you more stress.!