ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Return to shared vans from *?????????* ***
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Return to shared vans from *?????????*
Yes further guidance they said, but nothing yet.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Rommagic
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52
Re: Return to shared vans from *?????????*
That's what I thought postman.
-
Jahpostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 318
- Joined: 23 Aug 2018, 16:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Return to shared vans from *?????????*
Rising infections and brutally hot weather. Now is not the best time to bring back van share!
-
Cucumber
- Posts: 1052
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
- Gender: Female
Re: Return to shared vans from *?????????*
Van share doesn’t return and I imagine our office and others will have their start and finish times drastically changed, as we were designed completely on van share.
About a months notice isn’t it?
About a months notice isn’t it?
-
Rommagic
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52
Re: Return to shared vans from *?????????*
Near 5pm no update.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Re: Return to shared vans from *?????????*
We have decided as pair we are not going to van share & carry on taking it in turns to drive out & one goes straight home on finish, what a fantastic job we have 
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Return to shared vans from *?????????*
Bet everyone in your office is well jel.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Cucumber
- Posts: 1052
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
- Gender: Female
Re: Return to shared vans from *?????????*
Would be an ideal solution for everyone, alas we have many staff doing 6 hour deliveries and others doing a fraction of that due to no way of getting staff to delivery points.
-
thevardinator
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 16:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Return to shared vans from *?????????*
The whole situation is a shambles. I understand some have had it very easy for the last 18 months by single van driving but many have had it exceedingly tough, many in my office including myself have.
Personally I can't wait for van sharing to return, my partner (van driver) feels the same too , the sooner the better. Having to walk out and back from the duty and between the loops has put an extra 3/4 or so miles on top of what I usually walk which over the last 18 months has been obviously physically awful.
It's meant my partner having to deliver the vast majority of the oversize by himself whilst I'm walking out to the delivery, instead of us being able to fly around and get them done together which is so much better, obviously with everything taking us longer, it's meant us having to leave a lot of oversize most days which obviously annoys management and the usual rubbish/threats that come with it. The office doesn't have enough vans for everybody to do single jobs, and personally I have little inclination to do so, as my job is an hour longer than the 2 combined we do.
We work in an office of 100 or so, I work right next to my job partner and the isle is fairly small so I'm pretty close to most of them most of the morning, I bump shoulders with probably 40/50 other staff most mornings, for over 2 hours, sometimes 3 on heavy days. I'm not sure that 10/15 extra minutes together in a van (windows open) with someone I stand next to for hours every morning, would really make any difference to anything. If one of us has got it, I'm pretty sure there's a 99% chance it will get spread in the office space.
I think it should 100% be a personal choice at the minute, on a job by job basis. It you want to van share and the partner is in agreement I don't see any issues, if either of them don't want to then stay as it is until told otherwise.
Personally I can't wait for van sharing to return, my partner (van driver) feels the same too , the sooner the better. Having to walk out and back from the duty and between the loops has put an extra 3/4 or so miles on top of what I usually walk which over the last 18 months has been obviously physically awful.
It's meant my partner having to deliver the vast majority of the oversize by himself whilst I'm walking out to the delivery, instead of us being able to fly around and get them done together which is so much better, obviously with everything taking us longer, it's meant us having to leave a lot of oversize most days which obviously annoys management and the usual rubbish/threats that come with it. The office doesn't have enough vans for everybody to do single jobs, and personally I have little inclination to do so, as my job is an hour longer than the 2 combined we do.
We work in an office of 100 or so, I work right next to my job partner and the isle is fairly small so I'm pretty close to most of them most of the morning, I bump shoulders with probably 40/50 other staff most mornings, for over 2 hours, sometimes 3 on heavy days. I'm not sure that 10/15 extra minutes together in a van (windows open) with someone I stand next to for hours every morning, would really make any difference to anything. If one of us has got it, I'm pretty sure there's a 99% chance it will get spread in the office space.
I think it should 100% be a personal choice at the minute, on a job by job basis. It you want to van share and the partner is in agreement I don't see any issues, if either of them don't want to then stay as it is until told otherwise.
STAND TOGETHER IN THE FIGHT.
-
wookie
- Posts: 319
- Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Return to shared vans from *?????????*
Totally agree and very well put.toonshola wrote: ↑17 Jul 2021, 20:51This whole situation was so avoidable. The business and the union were handed a perfect opportunity to transform the business to a single van model where it should be, but instead have spent 18 months crossing their fingers that shared vans can come back. There is already talk of another September/October lockdown so let’s say van share comes back week after next. We get 6-10 weeks then it’s time to try get all those hire vans back again for god knows how long.
Van share should be scrapped and I bet the business may almost make the money back they would spend on more
Vans by having reduced sickness. Let’s be honest van share is s**t, inefficient and just generally a pain in the arse.
Rant over.
-
wookie
- Posts: 319
- Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Return to shared vans from *?????????*
I still have 2 grey boxes on my walk, I assume Royal Mail are still paying the rent for them. Unless someone puts me right.SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑18 Jul 2021, 23:30Them and the boxes that were bolted to the side of post boxes are long goneChelseablue wrote: ↑18 Jul 2021, 21:15Bring back the grey boxes on the street , single deliveries again !
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Return to shared vans from *?????????*
They are Royal Mails, they would have had planning permission for them. There are probably hundreds around the country now defunked, apart from the crafty few who still use them.wookie wrote: ↑19 Jul 2021, 17:44I still have 2 grey boxes on my walk, I assume Royal Mail are still paying the rent for them. Unless someone puts me right.SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑18 Jul 2021, 23:30Them and the boxes that were bolted to the side of post boxes are long goneChelseablue wrote: ↑18 Jul 2021, 21:15Bring back the grey boxes on the street , single deliveries again !
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Return to shared vans from *?????????*
You know Royal Mail would say pants on fire.thevardinator wrote: ↑19 Jul 2021, 17:38We work in an office of 100 or so, I work right next to my job partner and the isle is fairly small so I'm pretty close to most of them most of the morning, I bump shoulders with probably 40/50 other staff most mornings, for over 2 hours, sometimes 3 on heavy days.
How has that been left to go on?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
thevardinator
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 16:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Return to shared vans from *?????????*
Since the start pretty much.
Most of the office have given up on masks now or just wear them around their necks, personally that doesn't bother me but I know some in the office find it annoying.
We have a handful of people who come in a little later, around 9/10 when the majority are out of the office, but we don't have anyone coming in for afternoon deliveries now as people were fed up with getting back so late, and I don't blame them tbh.
All in all I just find it a bit hypocritical that so many things don't happen in the office that obviously would spread covid like wildfire if someone did have it, but then you've got people against a van share for 10 mins a day.
Most of the office have given up on masks now or just wear them around their necks, personally that doesn't bother me but I know some in the office find it annoying.
We have a handful of people who come in a little later, around 9/10 when the majority are out of the office, but we don't have anyone coming in for afternoon deliveries now as people were fed up with getting back so late, and I don't blame them tbh.
All in all I just find it a bit hypocritical that so many things don't happen in the office that obviously would spread covid like wildfire if someone did have it, but then you've got people against a van share for 10 mins a day.
STAND TOGETHER IN THE FIGHT.
-
Cucumber
- Posts: 1052
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
- Gender: Female
Re: Return to shared vans from *?????????*
It's crystal clear that there isn't a plan. Or a meaningful update.