This whole situation was so avoidable. The business and the union were handed a perfect opportunity to transform the business to a single van model where it should be, but instead have spent 18 months crossing their fingers that shared vans can come back. There is already talk of another September/October lockdown so let’s say van share comes back week after next. We get 6-10 weeks then it’s time to try get all those hire vans back again for god knows how long.
Van share should be scrapped and I bet the business may almost make the money back they would spend on more
Vans by having reduced sickness. Let’s be honest van share is s**t, inefficient and just generally a pain in the arse.
Rant over.
I totally agree. It may not suit many to scrap van sharing all together but could we not just use van sharing (when safe to do so) as an option rather than the norm.
I have been much more efficient during this single van period, I’ve been able to break down big loops when really busy and load my van in a much more orderly way. When not so busy, I’ve been able to take out extra. I’ve been bringing much less parcels back because I can try neighbours or find a safe place to put them without worrying about keeping my partner waiting.
This whole situation was so avoidable. The business and the union were handed a perfect guy who signed the van out cannot opportunity to transform the business to a single van model where it should be, but instead have spent 18 months crossing their fingers that shared vans can come back. There is already talk of another September/October lockdown so let’s say van share comes back week after next. We get 6-10 weeks then it’s time to try get all those hire vans back again for god knows how long.
Van share should be scrapped and I bet the business may almost make the money back they would spend on more
Vans by having reduced sickness. Let’s be honest van share is s**t, inefficient and just generally a pain in the arse.
Rant over.
I totally agree. It may not suit many to scrap van sharing all together but could we not just use van sharing (when safe to do so) as an option rather than the norm.
I have been much more efficient during this single van period, I’ve been able to break down big loops when really busy and load my van in a much more orderly way. When not so busy, I’ve been able to take out extra. I’ve been bringing much less parcels back because I can try neighbours or find a safe place to put them without worrying about keeping my partner waiting.
true and for 18 months or so been unavoidable but in the real RM world not cost effective so won't happen,
van sharing can & does work if the pair are singing from the same hymn sheet,
however RM in their infinite wisdom have now banned (or was never allowed) 1 of the pair from driving, so if the other guy can drive and if back earlier they cannot do any large parcels!
honestly can't write this comedy of a company
]
however RM in their infinite wisdom have now banned (or was never allowed) 1 of the pair from driving, so if the other guy can drive and if back earlier they cannot do any large parcels!
honestly can't write this comedy of a company
Never allowed, and to be fair it is a legal issue rather than a RM issue.
Well, it could be done, but only if each driver does a van check and logbook entry at every change of driver.
This whole situation was so avoidable. The business and the union were handed a perfect opportunity to transform the business to a single van model where it should be, but instead have spent 18 months crossing their fingers that shared vans can come back. There is already talk of another September/October lockdown so let’s say van share comes back week after next. We get 6-10 weeks then it’s time to try get all those hire vans back again for god knows how long.
Van share should be scrapped and I bet the business may almost make the money back they would spend on more
Vans by having reduced sickness. Let’s be honest van share is s**t, inefficient and just generally a pain in the arse.
Rant over.
This whole situation was so avoidable. The business and the union were handed a perfect opportunity to transform the business to a single van model where it should be, but instead have spent 18 months crossing their fingers that shared vans can come back. There is already talk of another September/October lockdown so let’s say van share comes back week after next. We get 6-10 weeks then it’s time to try get all those hire vans back again for god knows how long.
Van share should be scrapped and I bet the business may almost make the money back they would spend on more
Vans by having reduced sickness. Let’s be honest van share is s**t, inefficient and just generally a pain in the arse.
Rant over.
I totally agree. It may not suit many to scrap van sharing all together but could we not just use van sharing (when safe to do so) as an option rather than the norm.
I have been much more efficient during this single van period, I’ve been able to break down big loops when really busy and load my van in a much more orderly way. When not so busy, I’ve been able to take out extra. I’ve been bringing much less parcels back because I can try neighbours or find a safe place to put them without worrying about keeping my partner waiting.