ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Doorstepping
-
Munchboii
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping
Parcels get thrown around loads at my place, so I see no harm in throwing parcels into the back of my van or onto the floor. Likely they will have been thrown around in transit like that so why not chuck them over. Who cares anymore 
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping
Maybe it’s just me but unless that gate is 7ft tall (unlikely, most are about 6 and a half feet) I can easily reach over, undo that top bolt, leave a parcel, close the gate, slide the bolt back across.twoloops wrote: ↑24 Mar 2021, 07:48Think before you think you are doing them a favour? Not in take them back.
https://twitter.com/mrcraiggy/status/13 ... 76098?s=21
Not that I would of course.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
sorefeet17
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping
Thats probably what happened but not as dramatic for twitter as saying the postman lobbed it over the fence, but It is also a recorded parcel which he doesn't seem to be bothered by.HTPostman wrote: ↑25 Mar 2021, 02:52Maybe it’s just me but unless that gate is 7ft tall (unlikely, most are about 6 and a half feet) I can easily reach over, undo that top bolt, leave a parcel, close the gate, slide the bolt back across.twoloops wrote: ↑24 Mar 2021, 07:48Think before you think you are doing them a favour? Not in take them back.
https://twitter.com/mrcraiggy/status/13 ... 76098?s=21
Not that I would of course.
-
Cucumber
- Posts: 1052
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
- Gender: Female
Re: Doorstepping
The chances of that parcel landing so 'square' are extremely slim.
Take away the fat it's a recorded, it's fr from the worst safe place I've seen.
Take away the fat it's a recorded, it's fr from the worst safe place I've seen.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
-
Cucumber
- Posts: 1052
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
- Gender: Female
Re: Doorstepping
That's the same for pretty much any safeplace apart from a porch with a latch that locks when you close it.SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑25 Mar 2021, 18:41If the postie can gain access to place it there then potentially someone else could gain access to nick it
For the record, I wouldn't have left it there, but you get plenty requests on PDA to safeplace items in spaces just like that.
-
WASD
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 375
- Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 12:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping
Thread is 5yrs old people.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Just got to play it by whatever's best for you.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Just got to play it by whatever's best for you.
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping
There are people in our office that constantly put items in bins, tracked or not. I will never do that unless I have spoken to the customer first but that is rare. I will only safe place an item if there is a garden shed, greenhouse or it does look secure. For me its just as quick to write out a card than it is to look for a safe place if I dont know the round or the customer. For me its all about covering my back.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Re: Doorstepping
If you want to totally cover your back, if not in take it back.