ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Doorstepping

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Munchboii
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 261
Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
Gender: Male

Re: Doorstepping

Post by Munchboii »

Parcels get thrown around loads at my place, so I see no harm in throwing parcels into the back of my van or onto the floor. Likely they will have been thrown around in transit like that so why not chuck them over. Who cares anymore :cuppa
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1507
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Re: Doorstepping

Post by HTPostman »

twoloops wrote: ↑
24 Mar 2021, 07:48
Think before you think you are doing them a favour? Not in take them back.

https://twitter.com/mrcraiggy/status/13 ... 76098?s=21
Maybe it’s just me but unless that gate is 7ft tall (unlikely, most are about 6 and a half feet) I can easily reach over, undo that top bolt, leave a parcel, close the gate, slide the bolt back across.

Not that I would of course.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
sorefeet17
Posts: 299
Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
Gender: Male

Re: Doorstepping

Post by sorefeet17 »

HTPostman wrote: ↑
25 Mar 2021, 02:52
twoloops wrote: ↑
24 Mar 2021, 07:48
Think before you think you are doing them a favour? Not in take them back.

https://twitter.com/mrcraiggy/status/13 ... 76098?s=21
Maybe it’s just me but unless that gate is 7ft tall (unlikely, most are about 6 and a half feet) I can easily reach over, undo that top bolt, leave a parcel, close the gate, slide the bolt back across.

Not that I would of course.
Thats probably what happened but not as dramatic for twitter as saying the postman lobbed it over the fence, but It is also a recorded parcel which he doesn't seem to be bothered by.
Cucumber
Posts: 1052
Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
Gender: Female

Re: Doorstepping

Post by Cucumber »

The chances of that parcel landing so 'square' are extremely slim.
Take away the fat it's a recorded, it's fr from the worst safe place I've seen.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12195
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Doorstepping

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Cucumber wrote: ↑
25 Mar 2021, 18:07
The chances of that parcel landing so 'square' are extremely slim.
Take away the fat it's a recorded, it's fr from the worst safe place I've seen.
If the postie can gain access to place it there then potentially someone else could gain access to nick it
Cucumber
Posts: 1052
Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
Gender: Female

Re: Doorstepping

Post by Cucumber »

SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
25 Mar 2021, 18:41
Cucumber wrote: ↑
25 Mar 2021, 18:07
The chances of that parcel landing so 'square' are extremely slim.
Take away the fat it's a recorded, it's fr from the worst safe place I've seen.
If the postie can gain access to place it there then potentially someone else could gain access to nick it
That's the same for pretty much any safeplace apart from a porch with a latch that locks when you close it.
For the record, I wouldn't have left it there, but you get plenty requests on PDA to safeplace items in spaces just like that.
WASD
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 375
Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 12:15
Gender: Male

Re: Doorstepping

Post by WASD »

Thread is 5yrs old people.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Just got to play it by whatever's best for you.
postiewhite
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 619
Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
Gender: Male

Re: Doorstepping

Post by postiewhite »

There are people in our office that constantly put items in bins, tracked or not. I will never do that unless I have spoken to the customer first but that is rare. I will only safe place an item if there is a garden shed, greenhouse or it does look secure. For me its just as quick to write out a card than it is to look for a safe place if I dont know the round or the customer. For me its all about covering my back.
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Re: Doorstepping

Post by twoloops »

postiewhite wrote: ↑
27 Mar 2021, 15:47
For me its all about covering my back.
If you want to totally cover your back, if not in take it back.