ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32803
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by POSTMAN »

Didn't think it could get any worse than the present set...

Anyway, these peeps are trialing them...

Aberdeen MC
Birmingham VOC
Bristol MC
Cambridge MPU
Carlisle MC
Doncaster DO
Edinburgh Air Hub
Ellesmere Port DO
Exeter MC
Exeter VOC
F&MS Chichester
F&MS Coventry
F&MS Crawley
F&MS Edinburgh
F&MS Leeds
F&MS Plymouth
Glasgow MC
Glasgow Distribution
Home Counties North MC
Inverness Distribution
Jubilee MC
Leeds MC
Leicester MPU
Manchester MC
National Distribution Centre
North West Hub
Nottingham East Midlands Airport
Nottingham North DO
PFWW Newcastle
Perth DO
Renfrew DO
Rhyll DO
Scottish Distribution Centre
Sherbourne DO
Skipton DO
Torquay DO
West Midlands Distribution Centre
Warrington MC
West London Delivery Centre
Wimbledon DO
York Central DO
Yorkshire Distribution Centre

The trial will cover the following job roles:

RDCs (indoor/platform/LGV drivers)
Mail Centres (indoor/platform/LGV drivers)
Delivery Offices (walking/collections)
Airport (airside/indoor)
Fleet Workshops (technicians/mobile technicians & admin)
Engineering (MC engineers)
Relay (indoor/outdoor)
PFS Cleaners
PFWW (indoor/outdoor)
(60% male/40% Female)

LTB Here...
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=99653
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by crimson king »

So, just gone on to uniform site to bag some more blue shirts and black over trousers before the dpd line dancing range comes in and pretty much everything is out of stock.

Seems like it's a trial in name only and this is indeed the future...
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
Sugar
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 431
Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 07:57
Gender: Female

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Sugar »

postslippete wrote: ↑
23 Feb 2021, 18:44
I know Royal Mail are more focussed on us being a dedicated parcel courier but do we really have to copy DPDs uniform?
Yes because in 5 - 10 years you'll all be working under DPD... :nana

Lots of use of the words "performance" "tech-fit" and "endurance" and looks like they are getting you guys ready for the 6+ hour duties that are coming your way. No more reasons to cut off because RM have issued you with the most up to date performance enhancing clothing that will not only increases walking efficiency and speed but also recovery due to the compression wear increasing blood flow to all right areas. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
ArthurPewty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by ArthurPewty »

What's with all the different strides? There's Men's lite walking trouser, Men's walking trouser, Men's Endurance Holster Trouser. Choices, choices, choices....
And are there really no long sleeve shirts/tops for Men, or are there just no photos??
Marshamp11
Posts: 437
Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Marshamp11 »

And still half the office will turn up for work wearing their own clothes.
Alexei
Posts: 222
Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Alexei »

Marshamp11 wrote: ↑
27 Feb 2021, 14:45
And still half the office will turn up for work wearing their own clothes.
I think that's probably more to do with lazy folk not ordering new uniform and in my case poor quality. I wear few items of the uniform as it's simply uncomfortable and not breathable.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32803
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by POSTMAN »

:funneh
PostmanBitesDog wrote: ↑
23 Feb 2021, 18:14
Where've I seen those red and black uniforms before?

Oh yes, of course...

Image
New Royal Mail uniforms fail to deliver as people say 'they look like Star Trek costumes'
DAILY STAR wrote:One on the Royal Mail forum uploaded a photo of William Shatner in the Star Trek sci-fi series, and wrote: “Where’ve I seen those red and black uniforms before?”
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
fredtheegg
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 53
Joined: 17 Nov 2011, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by fredtheegg »

It would be nice to see a long sleeve polo as that would go well with the gilet. Working nights indoors at a MC it can be freezing in the early hours when all the doors are open on the bay. I did delivery for many years so know how cold it can get, but to experience a very cold MC is something else

Hopefully the trousers will no longer be 70’s flares made from overall material.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Celgar »

We are the blue shirts and we shall continue to wear them!! With the number of Scottish people in RM telling us what to do you would be mistaken for thinking we were the Labour party and not Royal Mail.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by P13 »

Celgar wrote: ↑
28 Feb 2021, 23:15
We are the blue shirts and we shall continue to wear them!! With the number of Scottish people in RM telling us what to do you would be mistaken for thinking we were the Labour party and not Royal Mail.
What is being scottish got to do with it