ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by noggin1969 »

I assume the whole uniform range will be issued en masse rather than individual items issued when replacements are ordered
I hope so, as I've tried ordering shoes, trousers and tops 4 times since November and still nothing.
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

Where've I seen those red and black uniforms before?

Oh yes, of course...

Security_team_in_corridor.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by postslippete »

I know Royal Mail are more focussed on us being a dedicated parcel courier but do we really have to copy DPDs uniform??

They forgot to provide the lollipop stick for the bright yellow stormproof uniform and leggings
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
RTP
Posts: 863
Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by RTP »

Jesus, customers are going to wonder why we haven't emptied the bins when it's a rainy bin day.
sindba
Posts: 1456
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by sindba »

Jesus christ. How much did they waste on some marketing company chancers to come up with that shite?

Royal Mail are determined to trash their own brand.
Alexei
Posts: 222
Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Alexei »

I think it all looks great. Gilet is good for people like myself who feel the cold but is too warm for a fleece. Belt looks an improvement, base layers are a great idea and pleased to see RM introduce them, holster trousers to accomodate PDA ... Yup, all looks pretty decent. Even a space for the renowned dog peg :dance

The uniform has needed updating for quite some time, this is a step in the right direction. The only thing that concerns me is the material it will be made of. Likely to be cheap, nasty and poor quality. No long sleeve tops is a bit of a bummer.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by NWpostie »

I like soft shell jackets so if this new works well I would use it.

My favourite RM uniform was the Harrington jacket, they got it right with that one.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
sindba
Posts: 1456
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by sindba »

I'm sorry, it looks bloody awful, design wise.

Royal Mail's USP is trust, loyalty and tradition. Without that we're just any old courier company, and an expensive one.

Uniform is part of that whole community thing - people trust posties.

This makes us looks like f***ing Dynorod.
Alexei
Posts: 222
Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Alexei »

sindba wrote: ↑
23 Feb 2021, 22:21
I'm sorry, it looks bloody awful, design wise.

Royal Mail's USP is trust, loyalty and tradition. Without that we're just any old courier company, and an expensive one.

Uniform is part of that whole community thing - people trust posties.
Well we are essentially a courier company. The times have changed and we need a uniform that is practical and contemporary. Do you think the milkman still rolls up in his milkfloat wearing his fancy kit and hat?

In my experiences, as long as you have the old trusty red pouch bag, then the public will always know who you are. I've received complitments of being smartly dressed before, in my long sleeve blue shirt and RM shorts. Presentation and sizing correctly can go a long way :wink:
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Tinoblade »

Not sure how I feel about. Wanna see and feel it up close. I dunno if I'm missing something but all the male items are short sleeve. Women have a softshell long sleeve and a long sleeve polo.
ConeHater
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1184
Joined: 25 Sep 2020, 12:37
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by ConeHater »

noggin1969 wrote: ↑
23 Feb 2021, 17:58
I assume the whole uniform range will be issued en masse rather than individual items issued when replacements are ordered
I hope so, as I've tried ordering shoes, trousers and tops 4 times since November and still nothing.
Probably still on a trailer at NDC, my recent order was stuck there for over a month !
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by wacko74 »

I bet the trousers still don't have a semi-elasticated waste, which would be so much more useful in this job with all the bending, crouching and constant climbing in and out of vans we have to do.

I've yet to have a pair of RM trousers that fit me properly on the waste, even using a belt they are always too tight or usually too loose and I spend half my day hoiking them up.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Hopefully trouser and shorts pockets won't be such s**t quality
Coffee lover
Posts: 120
Joined: 17 Jan 2021, 12:44
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Coffee lover »

The current red polo shirt is uncomfortable in the summer due to a mixture of fabrics, The blue shirt is much better as it is cotton 100% it is also a lighter colour, are any other new shirts 100% cotton because that’s what you must wear in the summer also red is a dark colour and will absorb the Sun more than a light blue shirt have they actually thought this through?
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

:neutral: Hmmm...

WTF.jpg
Yeah, I don't think the public will be entirely impressed. :shock:

B.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.