ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?
I'm struggling to understand the concept behind wearing long sleeved and long leg base layers under shorts and short sleeve t-shirts.
-
EdRush
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 19 Oct 2016, 20:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?
Cant wait to go to work in this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wolf91
- Posts: 506
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?
Why for the love of god did they make the stormjacket bright yellow? What the actual ...
rest of it just looks unnecessary too. Base layers are a good idea; that’s about it.
rest of it just looks unnecessary too. Base layers are a good idea; that’s about it.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?
Wow. The ugliest design concept for our new uniform.
Leggings/tights worn under shorts. One of the posties in our DO wears these under his shorts and gets the **** taken out of him constantly.
Only long sleeved items for women to wear. Men have to wear t-shirts and shorts like infant children.
Yellow stormproof clothing will make us look like the dustmen.
Who wears red?? Its the most unfashionable colour.
The best uniform design RM have put out so far was the Harrington jacket with sleeveless fleece and chinos. I'm still wearing the Harrington jacket and sleeveless fleece now with a new zip fitted to the fleece!!!
I think we all ought to stock up on as much uniform as we can now before this new **** is released.
New uniform is just another reason to quit this company to be honest.
Leggings/tights worn under shorts. One of the posties in our DO wears these under his shorts and gets the **** taken out of him constantly.
Only long sleeved items for women to wear. Men have to wear t-shirts and shorts like infant children.
Yellow stormproof clothing will make us look like the dustmen.
Who wears red?? Its the most unfashionable colour.
The best uniform design RM have put out so far was the Harrington jacket with sleeveless fleece and chinos. I'm still wearing the Harrington jacket and sleeveless fleece now with a new zip fitted to the fleece!!!
I think we all ought to stock up on as much uniform as we can now before this new **** is released.
New uniform is just another reason to quit this company to be honest.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
claretandblue
- Posts: 914
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14
Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?
Is there any timescale for when it's being rolled out ?
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?
If I ordered my allowance of uniform now would I still get the new uniform when it’s released or have to wait until my allowance resets again, anyone know?
-
Schiff
- Posts: 544
- Joined: 01 Nov 2016, 22:02
- Gender: Male
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?
OMFG!

Had to check the date in case it was April 1st! What are these clowns thinking of. The only improvement to the last Uniform Clusterfuck was at least they used REAL people instead of Artists Impressions! Is this for real or is it just a Design Students Lockdown Project?
Where's the Employee Survey and Feedback procedure we normally get on any piece of crap RM are trying to foist upon us?
I'll have to go and sit down and have another cup of tea before further comment. I feel that sense of shock that I first felt when I heard Boris was now Prime Minister!
Had to check the date in case it was April 1st! What are these clowns thinking of. The only improvement to the last Uniform Clusterfuck was at least they used REAL people instead of Artists Impressions! Is this for real or is it just a Design Students Lockdown Project?
Where's the Employee Survey and Feedback procedure we normally get on any piece of crap RM are trying to foist upon us?
I'll have to go and sit down and have another cup of tea before further comment. I feel that sense of shock that I first felt when I heard Boris was now Prime Minister!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?
Ha Ha It looks like the sort of gear that you would go jogging in. That doesn’t bode well! I’m glad I’m out of it.
-
wazer
- Posts: 357
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?
Hiw about decent waterproof shoes. I spray mine with tent waterproof spray and they still leak. That wet weather gear a joke. As said we will blend in with bin men.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?
I'm shocked Woody!Woody Guthrie wrote: ↑23 Feb 2021, 17:00To be honest I ditched the blue shirts about 10 years ago when the polo first became a thing.
I always hated ironing 6 of those old school shirts every Sunday.
How do you manage to wear your tie with those Polo Shirts?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?
Very True Mate.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Peejay8T8
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 13 Mar 2020, 06:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?
I think they're okay. It looks more like active wear which makes sense. I wear a long sleeve base layer under my polo anyway. My only complaints are that the base layer top should be red and the waterproof gear does look ridiculous. Maybe if they kept it orange like the current storm jackets?!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?
Totally Agree NW
I've stiil got two that I rotate between. Both have had New Zips Fitted & Cuffs Re-worked, still going strong nearly 20 years later.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?
IMO things started to go down hill when they changed our name from Consignia.
WHY have they decided to De-Badge all the Headgear? Used to have a BIG Royal Mail Logo on Caps .... now you've got a little Red Tag on the side!
Perhaps so staff can wear it at the weekend.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)