ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by wacko74 »

I'm struggling to understand the concept behind wearing long sleeved and long leg base layers under shorts and short sleeve t-shirts.
EdRush
Posts: 123
Joined: 19 Oct 2016, 20:18
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by EdRush »

PostmanBitesDog wrote: ↑
24 Feb 2021, 17:27
:neutral: Hmmm...
WTF.jpg
WTF.jpg
Cant wait to go to work in this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wolf91
Posts: 506
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Wolf91 »

Why for the love of god did they make the stormjacket bright yellow? What the actual ...
rest of it just looks unnecessary too. Base layers are a good idea; that’s about it.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Celgar »

Wow. The ugliest design concept for our new uniform.
Leggings/tights worn under shorts. One of the posties in our DO wears these under his shorts and gets the **** taken out of him constantly.
Only long sleeved items for women to wear. Men have to wear t-shirts and shorts like infant children.
Yellow stormproof clothing will make us look like the dustmen.
Who wears red?? Its the most unfashionable colour.
The best uniform design RM have put out so far was the Harrington jacket with sleeveless fleece and chinos. I'm still wearing the Harrington jacket and sleeveless fleece now with a new zip fitted to the fleece!!!
I think we all ought to stock up on as much uniform as we can now before this new **** is released.
New uniform is just another reason to quit this company to be honest.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
claretandblue
Posts: 914
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by claretandblue »

Is there any timescale for when it's being rolled out ?
Grumpyoldmailman
Posts: 810
Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Grumpyoldmailman »

If I ordered my allowance of uniform now would I still get the new uniform when it’s released or have to wait until my allowance resets again, anyone know?
Schiff
Posts: 544
Joined: 01 Nov 2016, 22:02
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Schiff »

Celgar wrote: ↑
25 Feb 2021, 01:07

Yellow stormproof clothing will make us look like the dustmen.
It'll make us look more like f***ing Big Bird.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

OMFG! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Had to check the date in case it was April 1st! What are these clowns thinking of. The only improvement to the last Uniform Clusterfuck was at least they used REAL people instead of Artists Impressions! Is this for real or is it just a Design Students Lockdown Project? :arrrghhh

Where's the Employee Survey and Feedback procedure we normally get on any piece of crap RM are trying to foist upon us? :silenced

I'll have to go and sit down and have another cup of tea before further comment. I feel that sense of shock that I first felt when I heard Boris was now Prime Minister! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by deltaforce »

Ha Ha It looks like the sort of gear that you would go jogging in. That doesn’t bode well! I’m glad I’m out of it.
wazer
Posts: 357
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by wazer »

Hiw about decent waterproof shoes. I spray mine with tent waterproof spray and they still leak. That wet weather gear a joke. As said we will blend in with bin men.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Woody Guthrie wrote: ↑
23 Feb 2021, 17:00
To be honest I ditched the blue shirts about 10 years ago when the polo first became a thing.
I always hated ironing 6 of those old school shirts every Sunday.
I'm shocked Woody! :shock:

How do you manage to wear your tie with those Polo Shirts? :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

RTP wrote: ↑
23 Feb 2021, 18:58
Jesus, customers are going to wonder why we haven't emptied the bins when it's a rainy bin day.
Very True Mate. :Applause We'll look like every other "Worker" you see driving to work at the same stupid time, with predominantly YELLOW Lumos. The customers will be confused about whether we're there to unblock the drain... dig up their drive .... or empty their bins. We'll be an even bigger joke than we already are FFS.:cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Peejay8T8
Posts: 32
Joined: 13 Mar 2020, 06:27
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Peejay8T8 »

I think they're okay. It looks more like active wear which makes sense. I wear a long sleeve base layer under my polo anyway. My only complaints are that the base layer top should be red and the waterproof gear does look ridiculous. Maybe if they kept it orange like the current storm jackets?!
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

NWpostie wrote: ↑
23 Feb 2021, 22:02
I like soft shell jackets so if this new works well I would use it.

My favourite RM uniform was the Harrington jacket, they got it right with that one.
Totally Agree NW :thumbup Best bit of kit we ever had, why they don't re-introduce it I don't know? :hmmmm

I've stiil got two that I rotate between. Both have had New Zips Fitted & Cuffs Re-worked, still going strong nearly 20 years later. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

sindba wrote: ↑
23 Feb 2021, 19:45
Jesus christ. How much did they waste on some marketing company chancers to come up with that shite?

Royal Mail are determined to trash their own brand.
IMO things started to go down hill when they changed our name from Consignia. :whistle

WHY have they decided to De-Badge all the Headgear? Used to have a BIG Royal Mail Logo on Caps .... now you've got a little Red Tag on the side! :crazy:
Perhaps so staff can wear it at the weekend. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)