ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Back Pay
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Re: Back Pay
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=99403
LTB 043/21 - KEY PRINCIPLES FRAMEWORK – THE PATHWAY TO CHANGE AGREEMENT (PAY ARRANGEMENTS)
The pay review and arrears will not apply to any former employee who left employment prior to the date of communication of the negotiators’ agreement on 18th December 2020.
LTB 043/21 - KEY PRINCIPLES FRAMEWORK – THE PATHWAY TO CHANGE AGREEMENT (PAY ARRANGEMENTS)
The pay review and arrears will not apply to any former employee who left employment prior to the date of communication of the negotiators’ agreement on 18th December 2020.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Back Pay
They didn't even pay me all the hours I was due before I left so not surprised I won't get any backpay!citypostie wrote: ↑05 Feb 2021, 16:50If you left before 18th December you don't get backpay.deltaforce wrote: ↑03 Feb 2021, 17:18Because it’s what they owe you on the hours worked. I would say that they should pay it, unless there is a clause.citypostie wrote: ↑02 Feb 2021, 19:11I wouldn't think so, you aren't employed by royal mail anymore so why would you get it? Could be wrong thoughfly-catchers wrote: ↑02 Feb 2021, 19:03If you have retired but worked through April to November is it payable I wonder?
-
Biker Mouse
- Posts: 543
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Back Pay
Does that mean if you left in mid January 2021 due to IHR, then you should be entitled to the back pay?fb1969 wrote: ↑05 Feb 2021, 18:03viewtopic.php?f=69&t=99403
LTB 043/21 - KEY PRINCIPLES FRAMEWORK – THE PATHWAY TO CHANGE AGREEMENT (PAY ARRANGEMENTS)
The pay review and arrears will not apply to any former employee who left employment prior to the date of communication of the negotiators’ agreement on 18th December 2020.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Re: Back Pay
I read it as that. If you left before 18 Dec 20 then you don't get anything, if you left on or after 18 Dec 20 you do.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
Biker Mouse
- Posts: 543
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
- Gender: Male
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Back Pay
And you would be wrongrambo1 wrote: ↑05 Feb 2021, 17:34I would say that's totally wrong.citypostie wrote: ↑05 Feb 2021, 16:50If you left before 18th December you don't get backpay.deltaforce wrote: ↑03 Feb 2021, 17:18Because it’s what they owe you on the hours worked. I would say that they should pay it, unless there is a clause.citypostie wrote: ↑02 Feb 2021, 19:11I wouldn't think so, you aren't employed by royal mail anymore so why would you get it? Could be wrong thoughfly-catchers wrote: ↑02 Feb 2021, 19:03If you have retired but worked through April to November is it payable I wonder?
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Back Pay
Never said I was right. Just said that if I wasn't, it would be wrong. what's the difference of me getting back pay for work performed from April to December last yr and someone who left in December? There is no difference. They should be paid.
-
burton76
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
- Gender: Female
Re: Back Pay
My belief is:
if you worked between 6th April 2020 and the agreement being made you are entitled to the back pay by law. It isn't your fault your employer dilly dallied around, if that's the what the did.
If they are saying the pay relates to work you did during those days and you did it, you are entitled. Simple.
RM may say one thing, a tribunal may say another. I know who'd I'd go with.
if you worked between 6th April 2020 and the agreement being made you are entitled to the back pay by law. It isn't your fault your employer dilly dallied around, if that's the what the did.
If they are saying the pay relates to work you did during those days and you did it, you are entitled. Simple.
RM may say one thing, a tribunal may say another. I know who'd I'd go with.
-
burton76
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
- Gender: Female
Re: Back Pay
Or, indeed, any portion of that time. There is no criteria in law that says you had to be employed on the day it was made. If the pay is back pay relating to the days you worked then you are entitled.
However, it will be your lonely fight to get it back if the majority want to believe what RM states instead.
However, it will be your lonely fight to get it back if the majority want to believe what RM states instead.
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Back Pay
Can you quote which "law" you are posting aboutburton76 wrote: ↑08 Feb 2021, 16:04My belief is:
if you worked between 6th April 2020 and the agreement being made you are entitled to the back pay by law. It isn't your fault your employer dilly dallied around, if that's the what the did.
If they are saying the pay relates to work you did during those days and you did it, you are entitled. Simple.
RM may say one thing, a tribunal may say another. I know who'd I'd go with.
-
PostieSteps
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 14 Jan 2021, 18:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Back Pay
Blimey, not sure where to start. Basically I started on 1st December last year on a p/t contract, 28 hrs/week.
I'm guessing I won't see any back pay from 1st December, maybe a tenner?
P.S. - I was a postman years ago, left in 92 after 3 yrs. Boy is it a different game now but that's another post for another day...
Cheers all
I'm guessing I won't see any back pay from 1st December, maybe a tenner?
P.S. - I was a postman years ago, left in 92 after 3 yrs. Boy is it a different game now but that's another post for another day...
Cheers all
-
burton76
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
- Gender: Female
Re: Back Pay
I don't think I'm referring to one specific law but you could look up the laws on Google relating to pay.
The principles here are simple. If you worked those hours and your employer (regardless of your relationship now), states this was the rate of pay (whenever they decide) it should've been then - you are entitled to the difference and it has absolutely nothing to do with December 18th.
'Back dated pay deals' will bring up endless solicitor websites that clarify this.
If yo work i, and they pay it - you get it. You will have to request it if you've already gone.
The principles here are simple. If you worked those hours and your employer (regardless of your relationship now), states this was the rate of pay (whenever they decide) it should've been then - you are entitled to the difference and it has absolutely nothing to do with December 18th.
'Back dated pay deals' will bring up endless solicitor websites that clarify this.
If yo work i, and they pay it - you get it. You will have to request it if you've already gone.
-
mjd24
- Posts: 1409
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48
Re: Back Pay
I think a lot of us would love to hear your thoughts on how the job is now compared to back then, especially given youve been away from it and then come back.PostieSteps wrote: ↑08 Feb 2021, 17:38Blimey, not sure where to start. Basically I started on 1st December last year on a p/t contract, 28 hrs/week.
I'm guessing I won't see any back pay from 1st December, maybe a tenner?
P.S. - I was a postman years ago, left in 92 after 3 yrs. Boy is it a different game now but that's another post for another day...
Cheers all
-
riverdale
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 66
- Joined: 08 Oct 2008, 14:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Back Pay
Left the business on good terms in December , will I get back pay April -December?
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male