ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Back Pay

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Re: Back Pay

Post by fb1969 »

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=99403

LTB 043/21 - KEY PRINCIPLES FRAMEWORK – THE PATHWAY TO CHANGE AGREEMENT (PAY ARRANGEMENTS)

The pay review and arrears will not apply to any former employee who left employment prior to the date of communication of the negotiators’ agreement on 18th December 2020.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Re: Back Pay

Post by fly-catchers »

citypostie wrote: ↑
05 Feb 2021, 16:50
deltaforce wrote: ↑
03 Feb 2021, 17:18
citypostie wrote: ↑
02 Feb 2021, 19:11
fly-catchers wrote: ↑
02 Feb 2021, 19:03
If you have retired but worked through April to November is it payable I wonder?
I wouldn't think so, you aren't employed by royal mail anymore so why would you get it? Could be wrong though
Because it’s what they owe you on the hours worked. I would say that they should pay it, unless there is a clause.
If you left before 18th December you don't get backpay.
They didn't even pay me all the hours I was due before I left so not surprised I won't get any backpay!
Biker Mouse
Posts: 543
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
Gender: Male

Re: Back Pay

Post by Biker Mouse »

fb1969 wrote: ↑
05 Feb 2021, 18:03
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=99403

LTB 043/21 - KEY PRINCIPLES FRAMEWORK – THE PATHWAY TO CHANGE AGREEMENT (PAY ARRANGEMENTS)

The pay review and arrears will not apply to any former employee who left employment prior to the date of communication of the negotiators’ agreement on 18th December 2020.
Does that mean if you left in mid January 2021 due to IHR, then you should be entitled to the back pay?
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Re: Back Pay

Post by fb1969 »

I read it as that. If you left before 18 Dec 20 then you don't get anything, if you left on or after 18 Dec 20 you do.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
Biker Mouse
Posts: 543
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
Gender: Male

Re: Back Pay

Post by Biker Mouse »

fb1969 wrote: ↑
05 Feb 2021, 19:35
I read it as that. If you left before 18 Dec 20 then you don't get anything, if you left on or after 18 Dec 20 you do.
Unexpected surprise if that is so! :nana
citypostie
Posts: 895
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: Back Pay

Post by citypostie »

rambo1 wrote: ↑
05 Feb 2021, 17:34
citypostie wrote: ↑
05 Feb 2021, 16:50
deltaforce wrote: ↑
03 Feb 2021, 17:18
citypostie wrote: ↑
02 Feb 2021, 19:11
fly-catchers wrote: ↑
02 Feb 2021, 19:03
If you have retired but worked through April to November is it payable I wonder?
I wouldn't think so, you aren't employed by royal mail anymore so why would you get it? Could be wrong though
Because it’s what they owe you on the hours worked. I would say that they should pay it, unless there is a clause.
If you left before 18th December you don't get backpay.
I would say that's totally wrong.
And you would be wrong
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Re: Back Pay

Post by rambo1 »

Never said I was right. Just said that if I wasn't, it would be wrong. what's the difference of me getting back pay for work performed from April to December last yr and someone who left in December? There is no difference. They should be paid.
burton76
Posts: 44
Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
Gender: Female

Re: Back Pay

Post by burton76 »

My belief is:

if you worked between 6th April 2020 and the agreement being made you are entitled to the back pay by law. It isn't your fault your employer dilly dallied around, if that's the what the did.

If they are saying the pay relates to work you did during those days and you did it, you are entitled. Simple.

RM may say one thing, a tribunal may say another. I know who'd I'd go with.
burton76
Posts: 44
Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
Gender: Female

Re: Back Pay

Post by burton76 »

Or, indeed, any portion of that time. There is no criteria in law that says you had to be employed on the day it was made. If the pay is back pay relating to the days you worked then you are entitled.

However, it will be your lonely fight to get it back if the majority want to believe what RM states instead.
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Re: Back Pay

Post by P13 »

burton76 wrote: ↑
08 Feb 2021, 16:04
My belief is:

if you worked between 6th April 2020 and the agreement being made you are entitled to the back pay by law. It isn't your fault your employer dilly dallied around, if that's the what the did.

If they are saying the pay relates to work you did during those days and you did it, you are entitled. Simple.

RM may say one thing, a tribunal may say another. I know who'd I'd go with.
Can you quote which "law" you are posting about
PostieSteps
Posts: 7
Joined: 14 Jan 2021, 18:21
Gender: Male

Re: Back Pay

Post by PostieSteps »

Blimey, not sure where to start. Basically I started on 1st December last year on a p/t contract, 28 hrs/week.

I'm guessing I won't see any back pay from 1st December, maybe a tenner?

P.S. - I was a postman years ago, left in 92 after 3 yrs. Boy is it a different game now but that's another post for another day...

Cheers all
burton76
Posts: 44
Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
Gender: Female

Re: Back Pay

Post by burton76 »

I don't think I'm referring to one specific law but you could look up the laws on Google relating to pay.

The principles here are simple. If you worked those hours and your employer (regardless of your relationship now), states this was the rate of pay (whenever they decide) it should've been then - you are entitled to the difference and it has absolutely nothing to do with December 18th.

'Back dated pay deals' will bring up endless solicitor websites that clarify this.

If yo work i, and they pay it - you get it. You will have to request it if you've already gone.
mjd24
Posts: 1409
Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48

Re: Back Pay

Post by mjd24 »

PostieSteps wrote: ↑
08 Feb 2021, 17:38
Blimey, not sure where to start. Basically I started on 1st December last year on a p/t contract, 28 hrs/week.

I'm guessing I won't see any back pay from 1st December, maybe a tenner?

P.S. - I was a postman years ago, left in 92 after 3 yrs. Boy is it a different game now but that's another post for another day...

Cheers all
I think a lot of us would love to hear your thoughts on how the job is now compared to back then, especially given youve been away from it and then come back.
riverdale
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 66
Joined: 08 Oct 2008, 14:31
Gender: Male

Re: Back Pay

Post by riverdale »

Left the business on good terms in December , will I get back pay April -December?
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Re: Back Pay

Post by deltaforce »

riverdale wrote: ↑
09 Feb 2021, 23:16
Left the business on good terms in December , will I get back pay April -December?
If it was before dec 18 no apparently. I’m not too happy myself either. I’ll be over £400 short changed.