ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Peeing on delivery

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
roadrunner bill
Posts: 472
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 09:03
Gender: Male

Re: Peeing on delivery

Post by roadrunner bill »

When nature calls, you have to go... theres nothing you can do about it.. royal mail need to understand this.. :cuppa
Graftog
Posts: 2
Joined: 14 Aug 2014, 21:13
Gender: Male

Re: Peeing on delivery

Post by Graftog »

I Drank mine twice accidentally on two days in same week in Summer,had two Lucazade bottles.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Peeing on delivery

Post by greengiant »

Graftog wrote: ↑
14 Jan 2021, 17:36
I Drank mine twice accidentally on two days in same week in Summer,had two Lucazade bottles.
Channeling your inner Bear Grylls? :Sick
Selhurst
Posts: 120
Joined: 04 Oct 2020, 12:16
Gender: Male

Re: Peeing on delivery

Post by Selhurst »

sorefeet17 wrote: ↑
10 Jan 2021, 20:20
Maybe we can get Tena pants as a uniform option?
Nothing wrong with Tenna pads. When you’ve had prostate cancer, and had the prostate removed, needing to go, is a must. It’s that balance of staying hydrated, and not drinking too much as to piss yourself. Pads help for leakage. I’m lucky I have a dirt track I drive down to a delivery. Getting your prostate checked, fellow posties is a must. I had no real symptoms, but was diagnosed after an MRI scan. That was two and a half years ago now. Glad to say I’m all clear
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Peeing on delivery

Post by k979aaa »

Years ago we used to have a first and second delivery why not return to office and do the second half of the first delivery it is very simple just like our managers!
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Re: Peeing on delivery

Post by twoloops »

k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Peeing on delivery

Post by k979aaa »

Grumpyoldmailman
Posts: 810
Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
Gender: Male

Re: Peeing on delivery

Post by Grumpyoldmailman »

Portaloos seems to be a Covid related requirement for any property’s undergoing building work at the moment. 2 have popped up on my duty this week so I have been using them.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: Peeing on delivery

Post by robbertwhitton »

The whole welfare break needs looking at,where we can go and what facilities we can use,I guess just go back to the office if needs be,it’s not going to happen everyday,but if you need to go then you have to go,so many policies and correct ways.of working that if adhered to make this job a minefield
EdRush
Posts: 123
Joined: 19 Oct 2016, 20:18
Gender: Male

Re: Peeing on delivery

Post by EdRush »

What gets me is the amount of dog s**t AND piss on the streets. I've had dog owners let their dog PISS on the pillar box as I'm crouching down to collect the post from it.

Nothing gets done about that does it?

If you gotta go then go! Dog or otherwise

Just be as discrete as possible and tidy the mess up
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Peeing on delivery

Post by POSTMAN »

I usually point out in these instances that 'toilet stops' should be included in every delivery, I mean how many revisions have we had over the years?

So interested in why we are having this covo on it...............again?

Or am I just being hopeful in a delusional (Royal Mail) world that one day, at least a few more will be done.

For the record, I've done the pee in a bush thing to save going to my local garage.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
EdRush
Posts: 123
Joined: 19 Oct 2016, 20:18
Gender: Male

Re: Peeing on delivery

Post by EdRush »

POSTMAN wrote: ↑
10 Feb 2021, 21:52
I usually point out in these instances that 'toilet stops' should be included in every delivery, I mean how many revisions have we had over the years?

So interested in why we are having this covo on it...............again?

Or am I just being hopeful in a delusional (Royal Mail) world that one day, at least a few more will be done.

For the record, I've done the pee in a bush thing to save going to my local garage.
Luckily I'm currently on a duty with lots of conveniences. In fact, that's the carefully considered reason I chose this duty.

When I was a spare, I was caught out on occasion... and learnt the hard way. Haven't we all? Also I've been a postman for 5~ years and have not yet seen one of these 'revisions' that is spoken of
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Re: Peeing on delivery

Post by 97gaz »

Selhurst wrote: ↑
15 Jan 2021, 15:51


Nothing wrong with Tenna pads. When you’ve had prostate cancer, and had the prostate removed, needing to go, is a must. It’s that balance of staying hydrated, and not drinking too much as to piss yourself. Pads help for leakage. I’m lucky I have a dirt track I drive down to a delivery. Getting your prostate checked, fellow posties is a must. I had no real symptoms, but was diagnosed after an MRI scan. That was two and a half years ago now. Glad to say I’m all clear
You know how it goes. Most men won't get it checked until it's too late. It's a shame because it's such an easy thing to do. I think a lot of men just don't talk about things like this.

Mine was caught because my Doctor knew of my family history and has been doing a PSA blood test every year since I was fifty. Fortunately for me I have slow growing Adino Carcinoma Prostate cancer. It's currently being monitored only but who knows. Glad you're ok mate.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Peeing on delivery

Post by POSTMAN »

97gaz wrote: ↑
10 Feb 2021, 22:23
Selhurst wrote: ↑
15 Jan 2021, 15:51


Nothing wrong with Tenna pads. When you’ve had prostate cancer, and had the prostate removed, needing to go, is a must. It’s that balance of staying hydrated, and not drinking too much as to piss yourself. Pads help for leakage. I’m lucky I have a dirt track I drive down to a delivery. Getting your prostate checked, fellow posties is a must. I had no real symptoms, but was diagnosed after an MRI scan. That was two and a half years ago now. Glad to say I’m all clear
You know how it goes. Most men won't get it checked until it's too late. It's a shame because it's such an easy thing to do. I think a lot of men just don't talk about things like this.

Mine was caught because my Doctor knew of my family history and has been doing a PSA blood test every year since I was fifty. Fortunately for me I have slow growing Adino Carcinoma Prostate cancer. It's currently being monitored only but who knows. Glad you're ok mate.
It's something I've been thinging about and did not know there was a blood test, thanks gaz.
https://prostatecanceruk.org/prostate-i ... s/psa-test

Best wishes guys.

Looking into it!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16710
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Peeing on delivery

Post by clashcityrocker »

EdRush wrote: ↑
10 Feb 2021, 22:00
When I was a spare, I was caught out on occasion... and learnt the hard way.
A rather unfortunate choice of words.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.