Its either go over an hour each day by talking to everyone or being quick and dumping parcels to get finished in my time. I chose the later!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
runners complaining about no tips
-
Munchboii
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
- Gender: Male
Re: runners complaining about no tips
I'm normally a reserve floater but during the first covid wave I got the chance to be on a urban rural for 5 months. I would have loved to have engaged with everyone but if I did I would go over my time by at least an hour everyday. Some rounds are just too long to talk to people these days
Its either go over an hour each day by talking to everyone or being quick and dumping parcels to get finished in my time. I chose the later!
looking back, I wish I had took my time. The weather was perfect and sunny and everybody was home due to covid. May sound strange but I'm sort of missing that weather and novelty of it all now. Always next year I suppose
Its either go over an hour each day by talking to everyone or being quick and dumping parcels to get finished in my time. I chose the later!
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: runners complaining about no tips
Remember, the only prize for doing the job fast is more work added to your frame! So here’s a tip: slow down!
-
ddtc
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 19:42
- Gender: Male
-
tractorboy2
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 545
- Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 11:03
- Gender: Male
Re: runners complaining about no tips
Not delivering them would be wilful delay , surely !!yubin282 wrote: ↑26 Dec 2020, 21:08Theres a guy in my office who gets a text message from a customer every morning, reminding him not to post her credit cards bills as her husband is at home.wacko74 wrote: ↑26 Dec 2020, 16:25Me too, I'm certainly not a runner but I'm quite happy to get no tips as long as the customers don't expect me to be their best mate and stand around chatting boring, inane, repetitive s**t with them for 10 minutes every day.
I find some of the close relationships that some posties have with their customers quite sad on both sides, one postie in my office must have 75% of his customers as his facebook friends and most of his page seems to be him highlighting all the special favours he does for them, followed by them all replying saying what a wonderful postie he is, even though as far as I can see he doesn't actually go to any more trouble or effort than any other half decent postie, he's just a master of self promotion.
Could you really be bothered with that kind of 'service'.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 994
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Re: runners complaining about no tips
But the customer is always righttractorboy2 wrote: ↑27 Dec 2020, 10:17Not delivering them would be wilful delay , surely !!yubin282 wrote: ↑26 Dec 2020, 21:08Theres a guy in my office who gets a text message from a customer every morning, reminding him not to post her credit cards bills as her husband is at home.wacko74 wrote: ↑26 Dec 2020, 16:25Me too, I'm certainly not a runner but I'm quite happy to get no tips as long as the customers don't expect me to be their best mate and stand around chatting boring, inane, repetitive s**t with them for 10 minutes every day.
I find some of the close relationships that some posties have with their customers quite sad on both sides, one postie in my office must have 75% of his customers as his facebook friends and most of his page seems to be him highlighting all the special favours he does for them, followed by them all replying saying what a wonderful postie he is, even though as far as I can see he doesn't actually go to any more trouble or effort than any other half decent postie, he's just a master of self promotion.
Could you really be bothered with that kind of 'service'.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3226
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: runners complaining about no tips
The customer is actually the person who sent the letters and they paid to have you put them through the door as addressed
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
xPandabear1992x
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: runners complaining about no tips
the golden philosophy is that nobody is entitled to tips under any circumstances, so it's better to expect none and be pleasantly surprised if you do get anything, than expect loads and get pissy when you don't get them.
-
secluder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 30 Aug 2009, 10:59
- Gender: Male
Re: runners complaining about no tips
You hit the nail squarely on the head.twoloops wrote: ↑26 Dec 2020, 20:51I like to get my headphones in & listen to some podcasts, the last thing I want is to start talking gibberish with some bored, boring customer, over the years I have found the posties that live alone or wife’s are at home all day are the worst, they never want to go home.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
-
dennyboycox
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 29 Jun 2014, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Re: runners complaining about no tips
i have a duty but tip my runner ,,,,,give him 20 then all the bsweets hew can eat