In those situations I let them wait for me to finish my next few calls, or if I’m feeling particularly cruel say it’s back at the van and they’ll have to come get it (then ‘remember’ when we get to the van it’s in my bag). I’ll always do what I can for people who are pleasant and respectful but as soon as someone is rude or claims I didn’t knock then 2 can play silly buggers.Pumpernickel wrote: ↑17 Dec 2020, 21:28Or when they're in the garden as you approach, fiddling in your bag for that parcel you know is there. You find said parcel, look up and they're gone but you see the door close. You roll your eyes, walk down the path, knock, and wait. Then knock again and 739 it.yellowbelly wrote: ↑16 Dec 2020, 19:33
Or when they're in the garden, you walk past their house to the next house and then they ask 'Anything....?' - like I just
missed you out on purpose for a laugh so I could get some more exercise by walking back to your house again.
5 minutes later they come running down the street claiming you didn't even knock.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What annoys you the most?
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: What annoys you the most?
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
Pumpernickel
- Posts: 155
- Joined: 09 Nov 2019, 20:55
- Gender: Male
Re: What annoys you the most?
I just struggle to believe how stupid people can be:HTPostman wrote: ↑18 Dec 2020, 13:43In those situations I let them wait for me to finish my next few calls, or if I’m feeling particularly cruel say it’s back at the van and they’ll have to come get it (then ‘remember’ when we get to the van it’s in my bag). I’ll always do what I can for people who are pleasant and respectful but as soon as someone is rude or claims I didn’t knock then 2 can play silly buggers.Pumpernickel wrote: ↑17 Dec 2020, 21:28Or when they're in the garden as you approach, fiddling in your bag for that parcel you know is there. You find said parcel, look up and they're gone but you see the door close. You roll your eyes, walk down the path, knock, and wait. Then knock again and 739 it.yellowbelly wrote: ↑16 Dec 2020, 19:33
Or when they're in the garden, you walk past their house to the next house and then they ask 'Anything....?' - like I just
missed you out on purpose for a laugh so I could get some more exercise by walking back to your house again.
5 minutes later they come running down the street claiming you didn't even knock.
They have a special on its way. It's in my bag and I know it's there. I get to their loop, and am about 50 yards away from their house and see them getting in their car so I wave at them to get their attention. They wave back and drive off...
Things like this are really rare TBF, but it did happen to me yesterday.
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: What annoys you the most?
We got shut of the drop bag fittings years ago but when I go in there is two yorks full of packets and several "drop" bags full of more packets crowded round my frame.Woody Guthrie wrote: ↑15 Dec 2020, 05:57Drop bag fittings are old skool from when we had very few parcels.
Most offices have moved away from that.
They would be a complete waste of time in most offices now.
It's just as it sounds, a fitting with a lot of bags set up in it to drop the parcels into.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Re: What annoys you the most?
Currently the most annoyance comes from small scale roadworks where they could close one lane but instead close the road completely and set up badly designed diversion routes that send traffic down muddy single track lanes.
Other annoyances include groups of cyclists covering most of the width of the road and HS2 lorries driving down lanes not fit for their purpose.
Other annoyances include groups of cyclists covering most of the width of the road and HS2 lorries driving down lanes not fit for their purpose.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
themap
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 26 May 2013, 09:42
- Gender: Male
Re: What annoys you the most?
people who shout who is it when you knock on the door.
people who open the door after you've posted their mail and they just look at you then close the door.
people who open the door after you've posted their mail and they just look at you then close the door.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: What annoys you the most?
Yes! Finally someone experiences this! I must get it once a day. I’m not particularly noisy nor do I do anything to upset customers so I don’t know why when I post letters through the occasional customer feels the need to open the door, look at me then close it.
I’d kinda understand if they said ‘you haven’t got a parcel for me have you’ but to just look at me as if to say what is that guy possibly doing in a red shirt and shorts carrying a bundle of mail is very unusual.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16710
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: What annoys you the most?
Bin men.
Those cat flaps that don't swing both ways.
Those cat flaps that don't swing both ways.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Re: What annoys you the most?
Bad packaging!
The number of times I've had to place a damaged/ripped/broken mail item in a Royal Mail apology bag... Aarrgghh!
The number of times I've had to place a damaged/ripped/broken mail item in a Royal Mail apology bag... Aarrgghh!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: What annoys you the most?
Rich c**ts who live on a different planet and look down on you
People that don’t have the basic social skills/manners to say hi, please and thank you.
People that don’t have the basic social skills/manners to say hi, please and thank you.
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
Re: What annoys you the most?
I learnt about them the hard way.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Re: What annoys you the most?
Don’t touch cat flaps ....... dirty 
-
Lenston
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 14 Sep 2012, 21:53
- Gender: Male
Re: What annoys you the most?
I had a similar package the other day. Sizeable cardboard box that was completely undamaged on the outside, but there were two mugs inside with nothing to stop them rolling around and against one another. I thought it didn't sound too good when I handed it over and neither did the customer, so they opened it immediately. One mug was, inevitably, brokenPostmanBitesDog wrote: ↑21 Dec 2020, 17:55Bad packaging!![]()
The number of times I've had to place a damaged/ripped/broken mail item in a Royal Mail apology bag... Aarrgghh!![]()
Bad Packing (1).jpg
Bad Packing.jpg
Bad Packing (2).jpg
Bad Packing (3).jpg
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Re: What annoys you the most?
1. Managers harassing you to take more than is possible to deliver.
2. People that open the door when you haven't knocked, especially in these Covid times. They open the door as they think you are struggling when you aren't and think pulling the postbox away from you by opening the door is going to help things.
3. People that say 'have you got anything for number _' and hassle you to search for their post in your bag or van.
4. People that have to come to you to complain about door2door leaflets or a miss-delivery, especially in Covid times. Some people really get annoyed by the odd miss-delivery. I get it's annoying, but it's devastating for them.
2. People that open the door when you haven't knocked, especially in these Covid times. They open the door as they think you are struggling when you aren't and think pulling the postbox away from you by opening the door is going to help things.
3. People that say 'have you got anything for number _' and hassle you to search for their post in your bag or van.
4. People that have to come to you to complain about door2door leaflets or a miss-delivery, especially in Covid times. Some people really get annoyed by the odd miss-delivery. I get it's annoying, but it's devastating for them.
-
Speedmeister
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 22:06
- Gender: Male
Re: What annoys you the most?
Envelopes with windows in them where the letter has moved obscuring the address
- quite often no matter how hard you try you can't get the letter inside to move so you can see the address and end up ripping the front to see it.
They take the profits, you take the blame
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Re: What annoys you the most?
It was refuse collection day today on my walk and sure enough the refuse collectors did their utmost best by leaving the bins they just emptied smack in the middle of the pavements!
What about people in wheelchairs? Or mothers with strollers? Or the disabled in mobility scooters? OR ROYAL MAIL POSTIES!?!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.