https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
This is the one I bought.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Delivering in the Dark
-
CHUCKYPIG
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 07 Apr 2020, 21:01
- Gender: Male
-
CHUCKYPIG
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 07 Apr 2020, 21:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering in the Dark
Lucky you mate. Some of us have no choice. We have to start in the afternoon and so our finish time is 6pm thats just our normal hours because of not van sharing. So its not about working overtime our actual working time is in the dark.Celgar wrote: ↑19 Nov 2020, 22:56My personal viewpoint is if that someone knocks on my front door and it is dark I will be reluctant to answer or open the door unless I am expecting a visitor. If it is after 1900 I am very unlikely to answer the door.
Therefore for this reason alone I for one will not be delivering in the dark. I will make sure the parcels get delivered so if it gets as bad as we all think it will the letters are going to be on a rolling cut-off. Also by the time it gets fully dark I will be up to two hours extended delivery and I don't really want to do more than that per day. I like to keep 'my customers' happy but there is a limit to how much of my life I wish to devote to the job.
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering in the Dark
kudos to you for buying your own torch, however these are tools RM should be providing us with.rambo1 wrote: ↑19 Nov 2020, 19:10I've got a ledlenser , got it from go outdoors last yr for about £40, it's worth spending that amount, don't get cheap shite, it's rechargeable and it's honestly like delivering in daylight, full beam last about an hr but you can vary the brightness. Only problem is it tends to blind you a bit if you have white letters and look at them. Oh, don't shine it in a customers face either, again, blinding issue lol.
Ok, I will say that we shouldn't have to pay for these but as usual royal mail provided equipment is sub standard crap, so it's up to you but it is useful for other stuff non work related.
-
mr hil.
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering in the Dark
There is a new LED torch on the uniform website, it's great.
-
TheoF95
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 20 Jan 2019, 10:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering in the Dark
I thought late starts were voluntary? just come in at your contracted start time and get a union rep to back youCHUCKYPIG wrote: ↑20 Nov 2020, 08:34Lucky you mate. Some of us have no choice. We have to start in the afternoon and so our finish time is 6pm thats just our normal hours because of not van sharing. So its not about working overtime our actual working time is in the dark.Celgar wrote: ↑19 Nov 2020, 22:56My personal viewpoint is if that someone knocks on my front door and it is dark I will be reluctant to answer or open the door unless I am expecting a visitor. If it is after 1900 I am very unlikely to answer the door.
Therefore for this reason alone I for one will not be delivering in the dark. I will make sure the parcels get delivered so if it gets as bad as we all think it will the letters are going to be on a rolling cut-off. Also by the time it gets fully dark I will be up to two hours extended delivery and I don't really want to do more than that per day. I like to keep 'my customers' happy but there is a limit to how much of my life I wish to devote to the job.
-
CHUCKYPIG
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 07 Apr 2020, 21:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering in the Dark
Nah mate. Not voluntary. I've checked with the union rep and the managers.
Yet again us newbies are screwed. We don't have hours in our contracts. Our hours can be changed "to suit the needs of the business".