ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tips for Floating

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1507
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Tips for Floating

Post by HTPostman »

Vwtouran wrote:There will be none of these problems soon when the USO goes down to 4 or 5 days, there will be no floaters then.
Who will be covering when people are off sick or on annual leave?
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Tips for Floating

Post by P13 »

HTPostman wrote:
Vwtouran wrote:There will be none of these problems soon when the USO goes down to 4 or 5 days, there will be no floaters then.
Who will be covering when people are off sick or on annual leave?
Reserves
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Tips for Floating

Post by korky »

i always remember my 1st ever "own" duty, think i got on it aug/sept ish and in quite a nice area, the lad who gave it up said he used to get a fair bit too,
i only got 1 tip of a fiver the 1st year and that was from someone who'd asked me to pass on a tenner to the last guy and didn't know he'd switched rounds until i told them :left:
this year we haven't had any cover duty holders so will share cash & keep any refreshments to ourselves if given
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Tips for Floating

Post by twoloops »

No ones carrying cash anymore, it’s all contactless, just ask the street beggars.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Tips for Floating

Post by Jpro747 »

I would be reluctant to give him anything especially if he’s been harassing you and carving up the duty then f**k him.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Tips for Floating

Post by 97gaz »

I always got a share from 4 of my 5 duty holders. Without asking either. To be honest though I worked as a team player, doing many things that made our lives just that little bit easier.
matthew68
Posts: 516
Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
Gender: Male

Tips for Floating

Post by matthew68 »

Jpro747 wrote:I would be reluctant to give him anything especially if he’s been harassing you and carving up the duty then f**k him.
Yes I think you are right and I couldn’t believe he actually asked me to give him around £40! He said he always gets it from the previous duty holder LOL but apparently on all the other rounds he covers I found out that only one person gives them any tips around £20 the other guys give him nothing, I’m kind of annoyed with him constantly going on about how quick he can get round my round so yes I think you’re probably right I won’t give him any tips unless someone specifically says give some tips to the other guy. In fact if he came in on his time took his brakes and did the job like I do without charging around or probably would give him some tips but the fact he keeps cutting it up and going on about it is enough for me to think I won’t give him nothing! It serves him alright for coming early and being such a a hole!
piranha
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 496
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 09:30
Gender: Male

Tips for Floating

Post by piranha »

P13 wrote:
HTPostman wrote:
Vwtouran wrote:There will be none of these problems soon when the USO goes down to 4 or 5 days, there will be no floaters then.
Who will be covering when people are off sick or on annual leave?
Reserves
Lapsing.

I wouldn't give the reserve anything.