Who will be covering when people are off sick or on annual leave?Vwtouran wrote:There will be none of these problems soon when the USO goes down to 4 or 5 days, there will be no floaters then.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Tips for Floating
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Tips for Floating
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Tips for Floating
ReservesHTPostman wrote:Who will be covering when people are off sick or on annual leave?Vwtouran wrote:There will be none of these problems soon when the USO goes down to 4 or 5 days, there will be no floaters then.
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Tips for Floating
i always remember my 1st ever "own" duty, think i got on it aug/sept ish and in quite a nice area, the lad who gave it up said he used to get a fair bit too,
i only got 1 tip of a fiver the 1st year and that was from someone who'd asked me to pass on a tenner to the last guy and didn't know he'd switched rounds until i told them
this year we haven't had any cover duty holders so will share cash & keep any refreshments to ourselves if given
i only got 1 tip of a fiver the 1st year and that was from someone who'd asked me to pass on a tenner to the last guy and didn't know he'd switched rounds until i told them
this year we haven't had any cover duty holders so will share cash & keep any refreshments to ourselves if given
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Tips for Floating
No ones carrying cash anymore, it’s all contactless, just ask the street beggars.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Tips for Floating
I would be reluctant to give him anything especially if he’s been harassing you and carving up the duty then f**k him.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Tips for Floating
I always got a share from 4 of my 5 duty holders. Without asking either. To be honest though I worked as a team player, doing many things that made our lives just that little bit easier.
-
matthew68
- Posts: 516
- Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
- Gender: Male
Tips for Floating
Yes I think you are right and I couldn’t believe he actually asked me to give him around £40! He said he always gets it from the previous duty holder LOL but apparently on all the other rounds he covers I found out that only one person gives them any tips around £20 the other guys give him nothing, I’m kind of annoyed with him constantly going on about how quick he can get round my round so yes I think you’re probably right I won’t give him any tips unless someone specifically says give some tips to the other guy. In fact if he came in on his time took his brakes and did the job like I do without charging around or probably would give him some tips but the fact he keeps cutting it up and going on about it is enough for me to think I won’t give him nothing! It serves him alright for coming early and being such a a hole!Jpro747 wrote:I would be reluctant to give him anything especially if he’s been harassing you and carving up the duty then f**k him.
-
piranha
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 496
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 09:30
- Gender: Male
Tips for Floating
Lapsing.P13 wrote:ReservesHTPostman wrote:Who will be covering when people are off sick or on annual leave?Vwtouran wrote:There will be none of these problems soon when the USO goes down to 4 or 5 days, there will be no floaters then.
I wouldn't give the reserve anything.